27/May r3.1 - MoDaCo Custom ROM for HTC Desire with Online Kitchen (2.1 / Eclair)

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest nico1375
You can use the "Enable USB" feature of the recovery console in order to transfer the update file after partitioning was done, withour exiting the console itself.

Isn't it the "famous" usb ount that should be avoided in order to avoid bricking?

Guest Raivis R.

I used prebaked rom with app2sd+ and now FlashLite does not work, it used to in stock rom though. Has anyone else noticed this?

Guest gregDT
Isn't it the "famous" usb ount that should be avoided in order to avoid bricking?

Not especially. I tend to use that method and have updated, swapped and generally messed with the ROM on my phone at least a dozen times. No problems at all. I suspect that people who have had problems have jumped into the process without a clear idea about exactly what they're doing with their phones or any real idea about how to work in the console in the first place. As the mighty Amon Ra once Tweeted

"If you don't understand how to use a simple command line tool like fastboot or adb you really shouldn't be messing with Android..."

So use whatever method you feel happiest with IMHO :rolleyes:

Guest medomedo
I confirm.. I also changed my hosts & bootanimation.zip files with this method.. It works perfectly!

Zip internal root folders are:

• system
  • data

• you connect it in Recovery mode
    • you push your new hosts file through adb push command... from another terminal console... that's it ! (adb push hosts /system/etc/hosts)

Hi Whiler92,

Thanks alot. Since all I wanted was the hosts file. I used the adb push command (during recovery mode) on r4 but that made my Desire freez and when I start it up I find the original hosts file and not mine. I tried again and got the same freezing problem. I tried to flash r5 but i got "signature verification failed". so I flushed to r3 rooted and that worked well. Then I pushed the hosts file in recovery mode aaand .... it worked :-)

I am contined with r4-rooted + ad free :-)

Waiting for FroYo on Desire

BTW, Desire is supposed to have about 50MB of RAM more than N1, can anyone confirm the difference. When I check the RAM it says Max. 398Mo

Edited by medomedo

Guest afiorillo

Yes, is it. But you can safely use it, that is an old theory.

Guest Paul

Minor update! Kitchen online, prebakes to follow shortly.

Changelog

r3.1

• MCK kernel 1.1 included
  • Fixed issue where governor would lock to userspace instead of OnDemand, locking the device to 768MHz (WTF!)
  • Added gr0gmint's R2 JIT as a kitchen option

Guest dudeldei

Changelog

r3.1

• Fixed issue where governor would lock to userspace instead of OnDemand, locking the device to 768MHz (WTF!)

Thx for update!

You say 'use with caution' ref, JIT...how do we use it anyways? Is it something we can tweak by ourselves?

Guest RustyJoe

Does this mean that our CPU is underclocked?

•Fixed issue where governor would lock to userspace instead of OnDemand, locking the device to 768MHz (WTF!)

Guest EddyOS

Changelog

r3.1

Any chance of having the option to add the latest radio to a ROM? I wanna get it all in one ROM to make flashing easier

Guest Paul
Any chance of having the option to add the latest radio to a ROM? I wanna get it all in one ROM to make flashing easier

There already is...?

P

Guest masi0

Changelog

r3.1

Paul, thx for the ROM - now I am online-cooking the one with features I like. Have you manage to fix the FB sync issue?

Guest PaRallaXX

What is the link for the online kitchen please? I want to bake my own rom.

Thanks

[edit]: I found it..

Edited by PaRallaXX

Guest StuMcBill
Im going blind!!

Where is the link to kitchen? :rolleyes:

The kitchen is on post 2 of this topic.

Also, Paul, I can't see an option for a radio in this kitchen either?

Guest Elbereth

From what I understand sometimes R3 was locked to 768Mhz. This was fixed in R3.1.

Regarding the JIT, even gr0gmint said it is not using his own hack due to instability and R2 seems even more unstable than R1 with no speed improvement:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.p...mp;postcount=39

I think I will update to R3.1 just for the fix and the MCK 1.1. :rolleyes:

Guest squrl
From what I understand sometimes R3 was locked to 768Mhz. This was fixed in R3.1.

This has nothing to do with any version of MCR, it was a MCK (Modaco Custom Kernel) r1 issue. Paul already fixed it in MCK r1.1 which is included in MCR r3.1 kitchen :rolleyes:

Guest Elbereth

Ok so if I am using R3 from this thread, I am not using MCK at all and therefore I am not suffering from the mentionned bug?

No need to update then. Thanks for the info! :rolleyes:

Guest ascito
Is the JIT stable enough for normal use or it's just something new to play with?

I used jit with r3 A2sd+ and richardtrip Kernel. It was unstable, but not that much...now I am giving a try with Paul Kernel.

BTW with linpack now I score about 9.8. With last richardtrip Kernel uvoc @1267 MHZ I scored around 8...

Edited by ascito