27/May r3.1 - MoDaCo Custom ROM for HTC Desire with Online Kitchen (2.1 / Eclair)

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest Elbereth

I noticed in the Kitchen it was indicated:

FM Radio installed to /system partition

This option includes the FM Radio application (not functional at this time).

Is it a problem with the Kitchen baked roms? Because on r3 from the first page the application works fine for me (I am listening to 101.1 FM right now)...

Guest akashkotak
Mmmm I think that the roms listed in the first post are not up to date (same MD5 checksum as before). I fyou didn't cook it in the kitchen I think it is a r3 and not 3.1, cause mine is shown as r3.1 in Software Infos

How and where do i get the r3.1

Guest squrl
OK so I managed to reroot. Even when the phone bootlooped for at least an hour cause I accidentally hit the power switch while the phone was in my pocket. Guess Desire is not that easy to brick as it might seem :( Now I'll try to rebake a r3.1 ROM and see if I'll get bootloops again.

God dammit! Still getting bootloops, is there any way to find what causes them? I suspect it's because of A2SD+, or my SD card must be badly messed up. Tried to repatrition and reformat via recovery, tried gparted, no luck. I'm getting serious headaches now.

Guest afiorillo
God dammit! Still getting bootloops, is there any way to find what causes them? I suspect it's because of A2SD+, or my SD card must be badly messed up. Tried to repatrition and reformat via recovery, tried gparted, no luck. I'm getting serious headaches now.

Try to reflash the ROM, the very first boot loop I suffered was sorted this way. And give a try to the new Recovery Console posted earlier in this room. :(

Guest squrl
Try to reflash the ROM, the very first boot loop I suffered was sorted this way. And give a try to the new Recovery Console posted earlier in this room. :(

Reflashed about million times now :( Will try the new recovery, thanks for the heads up.

Guest squrl
Might be worth flashing back to stock and start again from the beginning (assuming your stock ROM is available)

Already re-rooted the r5 method.

Guest daniel89

i also had a bootloop with my new baked r3.1 ROM. then i baked a new ROM withot the JIT compiler an all works fine.

Edited by daniel89

Guest Rdy2Go
i also had a bootloop with my new baked r3.1 ROM. then i baked a new ROM withot the JIT compiler an alle works fine.

JIT is very very fast but crashes my phone too often. It's a taste of what's coming with Froyo and it's really good!

Now baking and flashing version WITHOUT JIT...

Guest andypotts

Just re-flashed with MCR3.1

The first boot seems to be taking ages - 5+mins so far after the HTC Quietly Brilliant screen.... still waiting.... should i be worried?

Guest piennepi
No link, use the kitchen in post 2 to bake your own ROM

Disable NoScript.

P

already disabled but cannot view :( how do you do? thanks

Edited by piennepi

Guest BlackLine7
Which is the best radio rom for the mcr 3.1 with mcr kernel 1.1?

I'm curently using the latest one (32.37.00.32U_4.06.00.16_2).

You can get it at XDA --> Here

Guest squrl

Ok so I finally managed to flash r3.1 without bootloops :( Seems like all my issues were caused by putting modified framwork-res.apk and framework.jar file to the ROM and resigning it. These two files should be added as a custom ingredient and baked right into the ROM rather adding them later, am I right? God why I always learn the hard way? :( I'm feeling like I'm 12 again reinstalling Windows three times a day :o

Guest BustedFly

@Paul

In r3.1 the HTC Wigets dont work :(

I can download notes etc but dont install.

to install it manually also does not work.

Can fix this in r3.2??

Guest BlackLine7

I was wondering if I can flash Richard Trip's UV/OC over the MCK without any trouble.

Not that I don't like the kernel but Trip's one is updated more frequently and has some more mods :(