27/May r3.1 - MoDaCo Custom ROM for HTC Desire with Online Kitchen (2.1 / Eclair)

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest ourfear
@Paul

In r3.1 the HTC Wigets dont work :(

I can download notes etc but dont install.

to install it manually also does not work.

Can fix this in r3.2??

well, it's a old bug... paul didn't fixed it.

Guest MaTiCeK

Is wifi tethering working on this one. I see it's included, but when I tried it, it wouldn't just work. Do I still need to do the pinging and all that stuff?

Thx for the rom, went from r4 root to Defrost 0.2 to this.

Guest piennepi

anyone can help me please? i want to cook my rom but cannot see any option in post 2 and already pay a subscription.... :(

Guest squrl

This is the direct link: click

If you don't see anything, try disabling NoScript, AdBlock and similiar addons, or try different browser.

Edited by squrl

Guest gnowak
Is wifi tethering working on this one. I see it's included, but when I tried it, it wouldn't just work. Do I still need to do the pinging and all that stuff?

Thx for the rom, went from r4 root to Defrost 0.2 to this.

Hi, I've just flashed over r3 version, wifi tether stars adhoc net but dhcp dead.

--

Rgds

G

Guest fatwolf
Hi, I've just flashed over r3 version, wifi tether stars adhoc net but dhcp dead.

--

Rgds

G

Yeah it was a bug posted somewhere else.

Staticly set the address and once you connect the other device it seems you need to ping the other side from the phone so it updated the arp table.

Guest romvahav

I have a problem !

after I flash the r3.1 rom and restart the mobile the phone show me the HTC's logo and then the virgin media's logo and then again the HTC's logo and so on. the desire doesnt work to me now !!

what can I do ???

Guest bondbig
I have a problem !

after I flash the r3.1 rom and restart the mobile the phone show me the HTC's logo and then the virgin media's logo and then again the HTC's logo and so on. the desire doesnt work to me now !!

what can I do ???

I had the same problem. Manually reformating SD card solved the problem.

Guest twisted_mind

i cooked a custom rom in the kitchen.. unchecked facebook,stocks,peep,news,weather.. but now the desire reboots when i try to access the Accounts & Sync option in Settings.

Also noticed, all my apps that were pre-installed on the SD card are unusable now.. My Desire was rooted with MCR r3 prior to this.

After i flash this kitchen-baked rom, do i need to repartition the SD card and upgrade it from ext2 to ext3? And then copy the contents of the SD card that i had backed up on the pc?

Update : now my desire reboots after displaying the unlock screen briefly for a few seconds. Have already repartitioned the SD and upgraded ext 2 to ext3 through the green recovery console :(

Update :: cooked another rom in the kitchen with only Wavesecure left out..after the rom was flashed, partioned the sd card and did the ext2 >> ext3 thing. Then copied over the contents of the sd card that were backed up on the pc.. and presto.... all is well.

Also in the process installed the latest radio rom 32.37.. obtained that from xda-developers forums :(

Edited by twisted_mind

Guest traspler

Hello

I would really love to flash a customized ROM but I got some small questions:

As I live in Switzerland, my Desire had the option to select "English (Switzerland)" as a locale. I'm not entirely sure what the difference to an "English" locale without the (Switzerland) is, so could someone enlighten me? Is this locale supported by the kitchen ROM?

Is the german dictionary included?

As far as I know, the build.prop file can contain tweaks which can boost network performance and might be tweaked by my network operator, right? Are there files which are normally adjusted by the operators and is there a way to extract these changes before wiping everything? (My operator didn't brand anything in the OS visible to the user except the included APNs)

Guest nico1375

I chose the pre-baked #2 with A2SD+

My phone has already been rooted.

I understand I have to go into recovery, wipe everything possible, partition the SD card, then copy the rom on the SD and flash it.

Could anyone tell me what partition are needed?

A swap (512M)

An ext3 (512M)

A fat32 (the rest of free space) ?

Thanks,

nico

Guest RiotRick
I chose the pre-baked #2 with A2SD+

My phone has already been rooted.

I understand I have to go into recovery, wipe everything possible, partition the SD card, then copy the rom on the SD and flash it.

Could anyone tell me what partition are needed?

A swap (512M)

An ext3 (512M)

A fat32 (the rest of free space) ?

Thanks,

nico

Skip the swap it is not needed (so choose 0).

Then the ext3 is where your apps will be installed. 512m should be fine.

The rest fat32.

Guest nico1375
Skip the swap it is not needed (so choose 0).

Then the ext3 is where your apps will be installed. 512m should be fine.

The rest fat32.

Thanks very much :(

Guest LouiS22

Paul, could you please check why Today in History widget won't install? I know it's a widget, not an app in app list :(

Guest pina

I used the custom kitchen but I didn't include Peep. Is it still possible to push Peep to my Desire, so I can enter my twitter account in the settings? Or do I have to reflash the entire rom again?

Guest fatwolf
I used the custom kitchen but I didn't include Peep. Is it still possible to push Peep to my Desire, so I can enter my twitter account in the settings? Or do I have to reflash the entire rom again?

Unless you can get the peep archive file from the image i think you have to reflash.

Alternately

You could just use a different twitter client.

I didn't like peep it didn't allow 2 accounts to be registered or geotweets.

I suggest using either the official twitter client on the marker or Twidroid which is a very nice client and worth paying for(there is a free version to)

Guest pina
Unless you can get the peep archive file from the image i think you have to reflash.

Alternately

You could just use a different twitter client.

I didn't like peep it didn't allow 2 accounts to be registered or geotweets.

I suggest using either the official twitter client on the marker or Twidroid which is a very nice client and worth paying for(there is a free version to)

I solved it by baking another MCR-rom with the same options + those extra options I needed.

Guest Mekerz

I've just subscribed to a add free account but can't find out how to get to this/any of the kitchens?

Could someone point it out to me?

Guest twisted_mind
I've just subscribed to a add free account but can't find out how to get to this/any of the kitchens?

Could someone point it out to me?

On Page 1 of this thread, look out for the second post.

Select the stuff you want included in the rom... DO NOT forget to make a choice between A2SD or A2SD+ and click the large black button at the bottom called "BAKE" in that same post.

Could you tell us more why is it that you cannot spot the kitchen? maybe take a screenie of what you see? Also try logging out of modaco and log back in again...

Guest MIYU-G
i cooked a custom rom in the kitchen.. unchecked facebook,stocks,peep,news,weather.. but now the desire reboots when i try to access the Accounts & Sync option in Settings.

Also noticed, all my apps that were pre-installed on the SD card are unusable now.. My Desire was rooted with MCR r3 prior to this.

After i flash this kitchen-baked rom, do i need to repartition the SD card and upgrade it from ext2 to ext3? And then copy the contents of the SD card that i had backed up on the pc?

Update : now my desire reboots after displaying the unlock screen briefly for a few seconds. Have already repartitioned the SD and upgraded ext 2 to ext3 through the green recovery console :(

Update :: cooked another rom in the kitchen with only Wavesecure left out..after the rom was flashed, partioned the sd card and did the ext2 >> ext3 thing. Then copied over the contents of the sd card that were backed up on the pc.. and presto.... all is well.

Also in the process installed the latest radio rom 32.37.. obtained that from xda-developers forums :(

yes,mine is also reboot & reboot,the r3.1 with online kitchen is not stable now,both for the rom and the kernel :o

Guest MIYU-G
I was wondering if I can flash Richard Trip's UV/OC over the MCK without any trouble.

Not that I don't like the kernel but Trip's one is updated more frequently and has some more mods :(

yes,I hope so,I think the kernel now in r 3.1 is not as good as Richard Trip's one :(

Guest twisted_mind
yes,mine is also reboot & reboot,the r3.1 with online kitchen is not stable now,both for the rom and the kernel :(

Im sorry i didnt post the resolution.

I cooked a rom with only Wavesecure left out. Already had my SD backed up on the pc. Put the rom on my SD.

Then booted into recovery mode, did a factory reset, wiped the cache,dalvik cache,wiped battery stats and rotate settings.

Then flashed the rom mentioned as above, partitioned the SD and did the ext2>ext3 thing.

Then when i rebooted the desire it was still either freezing at the quietly brilliant screen or simply rebooting when i slide the unlock button down.

I took out the SD, put the SD into my pc, deleted the only folder on it called private. Copied the contents of the SD backed up on the pc. ( Important : did not format the SD card again on the pc )

Put the SD card back into the Desire and rebooted it... the Desire booted fine and asked for the initial setup. After the initial setup, i restored "all apps + data" using the full version of Titanium Backup :(

My Desire is working fine now !!