27/May r3.1 - MoDaCo Custom ROM for HTC Desire with Online Kitchen (2.1 / Eclair)

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest BlackLine7
yes,I hope so,I think the kernel now in r 3.1 is not as good as Richard Trip's one :(

I did flash the v13 kernel and all is working fine.

Go for it. :(

Guest persko

Just a question regarding Wavesecure in this rom:

I flashed the standard: r3.1-bravo-desire-modacocustomrom-withadditions-a2sd+-signed.zip to my phone

after I rooted it, just a few questions regarding the included wavesecure application:

When I start wavesecure, it asks me to install the "uninstall protection", is this needed when wavesecure

is installed in the /system partition? (in other words, can applications installed in /system be uninstalled?)

I thought it was smart with an application like this, but are there anything preventing someone from just

flashing another rom to the phone, and that way remove the wavesecure protection?

(I guess there is no way of protecting your phone 100%)

Per

Guest franklinvv

I noticed that the default HTC Sense contacts app has been renamed (probably due to the fact that the stock contacts app can be included using the kitchen). Is there any way that I can rename the contacts app back to the original name (i.e. just 'Contacts')?

Edited by franklinvv

Guest Mekerz
On Page 1 of this thread, look out for the second post.

Select the stuff you want included in the rom... DO NOT forget to make a choice between A2SD or A2SD+ and click the large black button at the bottom called "BAKE" in that same post.

Could you tell us more why is it that you cannot spot the kitchen? maybe take a screenie of what you see? Also try logging out of modaco and log back in again...

Thanks twisted_mind, I was being stupid. I thought that was a screenshot of a Kitchen somewhere. Very simple and easy to use tool, currently rocking this ROM with AP2SD+ - My Titanium backup made stuff so much easier.

Paul - this ROM is so fast, thanks a lot for the work you put into the root and the ROMs, I hear via twitter you're spending time with family today (rightfully so on a bank holiday) so hope you have a great day.

Next to flash a UVOC Kernel to squeeze out some more battery life :(

Guest Mekerz

Hmm HTC IME mod didn't install even though I'm sure I asked for it to be baked in.

I see the .apk within the zip file I flashed, but there's no option in the Language and Keyboard settings to enable it..

Edit: Pretty sure I selected Nexus Boot logo too but have the HTC one still and it takes ages to boot too.

Edited by Mekerz

Guest La_Biscotte

hello

few questions about r3.1:

is the 3.1 faster than r3.0?

do you recomend to upgrade to r3.1 when phone is already in r3.0?( r3 runs very well already!)

Do I need a wipe between r3.0 and r3.1?

thx

Guest persko
QuickOffice does not bake :-(

Well I noticed, that QuickOffice is missing from all the menus; but the apk file is there:

# ls -l /system/sd/app/Quickoffice.apk

-rw-r--r-- 1 0 0 1993128 Aug 1 2008 /system/sd/app/Quickoffice.apk

but the uid and gid is 0 and 0 , while several of the other apps are owned by uid/gid 1000/1000

So I tried to change it:

# chown 1000.1000 /system/sd/app/Quickoffice.apk

-rw-r--r-- 1 1000 1000 1993128 Aug 1 2008 /system/sd/app/Quickoffice.apk

that did not help, then I tried copying Quickoffice.apk to /sdcard, and removing it from

/system/sd/app, then trying installing from /sdcard with apk manager; but just get the

message, that it is not installed. I am still new to android, and has run out of idears for

now.

Per

Guest nilezon
Well I noticed, that QuickOffice is missing from all the menus; but the apk file is there:

-rw-r--r-- 1 0 0 1993128 Aug 1 2008 /system/sd/app/Quickoffice.apk

but the uid and gid is 0 and 0 , while several of the other apps are owned by uid/gid 1000/1000

So I tried to change it:

# chown 1000.1000 /system/sd/app/Quickoffice.apk

-rw-r--r-- 1 1000 1000 1993128 Aug 1 2008 /system/sd/app/Quickoffice.apk

that did not help, then I tried copying Quickoffice.apk to /sdcard, and removing it from

/system/sd/app, then trying installing from /sdcard with apk manager; but just get the

message, that it is not installed. I am still new to android, and has run out of idears for

now.

Per

Reboot into recovery, mount /system, and move Quickoffice.apk from /data/app to /system/app.

Reboot ... be happy :(

Guest Climbatize

Hi there :(

I think I have a probleme with the kitchen.

I choose my options, launch the baking. Repartition SD, wipe, flash. First bug noticed: I have the quietly brilliant instead of the Nexus boot option I checked.

Then I follow initial setup, no probleme, and there, big issue: lock screen > Sense force close > quietly brilliant/lock screen loop.

I tried several versions, everytime same thing. What did I do wrong, 2 rom downloads and not even one clean boot :(

EDIT: With a rom I baked 4 days ago no problemes. The main difference is that today I chose JIT and nexus one boot

Edited by Climbatize

Guest kamidadevil

I have just flashed r3.1 ROM, everything went fine, except when I connect my phone via HTC sync its not able to detect the phone, and the phone automatically connects in USB debugging mode, I have unchecked the USB debugging option but it automatically connects and it also plays some weird music everytime I connect my phone with USB, what the hell is going wrong??/

I have flashed the A2SD+ version with default modaco additions

Edited by kamidadevil

Guest Valmar

Dear All,

I flashed the 3.1 rom with A2SD. However, I now notice that the two 3rd party applications that reside in /data (Amazon and QuickOffice). Are not present on the phone. Is this normal? Is there a way to have them back?

Thank you for any help you can provide

Valerio

Guest neomoz

I installed the R3.1 release last night, seems pretty good, I was on R2 before. Battery life seems to have improved, well to be honest I'm not sure if it's the rom or latest radio update. I have noticed one slight problem, I'm guessing it's related to the MCK kernel used in this release.

I have noticed that when listening to music if you put the phone into sleep/turn the screen off, then wake the device you can hear a slight hitch in the audio, to me it sounds like something preempts the audio playback thread on device wake halting playback for a few milliseconds. This never happened before, what ever you changed in the kernel is probably causing it.

Edited by neomoz

Guest fatwolf

So just an FYI

Been having trouble with syncing both my phones 1 is a HTC desire the other is my work LG 550 (very icky phone)

With the HTC sync software installed my LG refuses to sync at all. Cant find the phone cant do anything.

Remote the HTC software and suddenly it syncs fine.

Now when it comes to syncing the HTC Desire I kept not being able to sync. tried removing the LG software - didn't help, Tried turning of Debug mode - Didn't help.

Then I checked my process tree on my system. ADB was running in the background.

So yeah If you can't sync for some reason check ADB is not running. If it is kill it with fire and suddenly I found sync worked no issues at all.

It was not showing with the standard task manager check with something like Process Explorer(I use it by default now its a much nicer app)

So yeah If you can't sync check ADB is not running.

Guest persko
Reboot into recovery, mount /system, and move Quickoffice.apk from /data/app to /system/app.

Reboot ... be happy :(

Thanks that did the trick, and did the same with com.amazon.mp3.apk.

Per

Guest persko
Dear All,

I flashed the 3.1 rom with A2SD. However, I now notice that the two 3rd party applications that reside in /data (Amazon and QuickOffice). Are not present on the phone. Is this normal? Is there a way to have them back?

Thank you for any help you can provide

Valerio

Had the same problem, the fix was to boot into revovery mode, and move Quickoffice.apk and com.amazon.mp3.apk

into /system/app/

(Im recovery mode, i needed to mount /system /sdcard and /system/sd manually)

Per

Guest franklinvv

If I want to remove an app such as the annoying Footprints app, is it sufficient to remove HtcFootprints.apk and HtcFootprintsWidget.apk? Or should I remove other (cached?) stuff as well? For example, when I delete those apks, should I also delete dirs like /data/data/com.htc.android.footprints manually?

Edited by franklinvv

Guest mctrials23

Have same issue as chap above. I can bake a rom fine and all of the stock ones dont have any issues but as soon as I remove the sense/rosie from a rom it all goes pete tong. Lots of htc related errors. I dont understand, I created a really lightweight rom without ANY of the htc software and it still boots with the htc quietly brilliant, the lock screen is still the sense ui style and so is the bar at the top.

It errors on the first boot and setup a couple of times and then just sits on a black screen with the top bar afterwards.

Any help would be much appreciated

Guest Whiler92

Hi,

I baked a 3.1 ROM in the kitchen without Sense / Rosie as I use LauncherPro...

Everything works nicely except at the start.. When I unlock the phone, I have a warning telling me the process com.htc.RosieUtility has stopped (Sorry! The process com.htc.RosieUtility has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again.)... I force the close, and everything is perfect after!

Is there anyway to avoid this startup message/warning?

• Could I remove/edit a specific file to avoid the initial launch? (it happens after the SD is mounted)
  • If I wipe something or format the SD... should it resolve the issue? (I prefer to avoid this method if there's only one file to edit :( )

(FYI: I also reboot my phone when I click on Settings/Accounts & synch... but I find this useful to quick reboot my phone and it's logical as I remove Stocks, Facebook, ...)

Edit: I have the same error when I launch the browser...

Cheers,

W.

Edited by Whiler92

Guest Emmepi

How did you made it ?

You uploaded a .zip with /data/app/ structure, and LauncherPro inside /app directory ?

I made a test, to remove Sense, strange results :

Light rom baked with Sense checked : 118 Mb

Light rom baked with ADWLauncher instead of Sense : 129 Mb

So i cancelled flash, method is not really explicit...

PS : Je suis con, j'aurai pû te poser la question en Français...

Edited by Emmepi

Guest mctrials23

Do we need to replace the sense ui if we remove it from the rom we are baking. I just assumed that the default android launcher would take its place?

Guest pina

I installed the chinese characters: "This option includes the HTC Chinese input method (Handwriting, ZhuYin, CangJie, PinYin and Stroke)."

How can I try them out? I can't find a way to test them in a text message...

Guest Emmepi
Do we need to replace the sense ui if we remove it from the rom we are baking. I just assumed that the default android launcher would take its place?

If you don't upload another launcher instead of Sense, you'll get Sense force close at 1st boot and a black screen... Impossible to navigate the phone without launcher... You can try any physical button, nothing happens... Just have to reflash...