27/May r3.1 - MoDaCo Custom ROM for HTC Desire with Online Kitchen (2.1 / Eclair)

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest Whiler92
If you don't upload another launcher instead of Sense, you'll get Sense force close at 1st boot and a black screen... Impossible to navigate the phone without launcher... You can try any physical button, nothing happens... Just have to reflash...

hum... interesting!

In fact, I had installed LauncherPro on a previous baked ROM... I restarted in Recovery Mode... and Flash the ROM without Sense... so I didn't wipe any stuff...

So I kept all my stuff working like previously, except that I had to remove and then add again the widgets on my desktops... and I have some RosieUtility issues...

BTW, you just explain me with your answer that I definitely have to NOT wipe my device/SD or I'll be fu..ed! thanks

Guest mctrials23
If you don't upload another launcher instead of Sense, you'll get Sense force close at 1st boot and a black screen... Impossible to navigate the phone without launcher... You can try any physical button, nothing happens... Just have to reflash...

Cheers buddy, thats got me all working. Still getting a couple of errors now and then but all is well since I cooked a rom with LauncherPro added.

Is there any particular reason for this though? I thought that HTC basically added sense to the stock android rom in a similar vein to any other launcher. Is it not possible to cook a standard android rom and then add all the stuff you want. i.e No sense ui stuff.

Guest twisted_mind
is there any way to delete wavesecure & teeter from the 3.1 prebaked rom?

yes there is.. hop onto page 61 of this very thread.

Guest Whiler92
Still getting a couple of errors now and then but all is well since I cooked a rom with LauncherPro added.

LauncherPro added... how do add it? I mean:

• Where? in which folder.. /system/app/ ?
  • Did you update specific files to let your device know it has to autostart it?

Guest mctrials23
LauncherPro added... how do add it? I mean:
  • Where? in which folder.. /system/app/ ?
  • Did you update specific files to let your device know it has to autostart it?

Its all done via the custom bit at the bottom of the kitchen.

First get the LaucherPro apk.

Create a folder on your computer called system and then create another folder within that one called app.

Move the apk into the app folder so you end up with system->app->launcherpro.apk

zip that up; dont worry about what name it has.

Where it has the upload bit in the kitchen, point that at the zip file you just created.

Cook your rom!

Guest Whiler92
guys, how can I add quickoffice coz Im not able to install it on r3 rom,

This has been already explained: http://android.modaco.com/content-page/307...0/#entry1295932

FYI, there's a topic search in the left bottom corner... if you search quickoffice... you will find all related posts...

First get the LaucherPro apk.

Create a folder on your computer called system and then create another folder within that one called app.

Move the apk into the app folder so you end up with system->app->launcherpro.apk

Thanks for your answer.

Just to better understand... I already created my own zip with hosts & bootanimation.zip... and it works as expected... so adding this other file, LauncherPro, is really easy...

But, all the applications in /system/app/ are called when it's launched? Why will it work? Because the LauncherPro.apk manifest contains a specific directive to let know the system that it's a launcher?

Cheers,

W.

Edited by Whiler92

Guest mctrials23

From what I understand, you need to replace the sense launcher with something or you end up with an android os without any means of handling most of the gui so you end up with a black screen.

As you say, anything in the system/app directory gets used on install so adding it to the rom when you are building it in the kitchen without sense will effectively replace sense.

I assume that it knows that its a launcher but as android will still install without one I dont think it does anything too special on install. Android will look for a launcher when it boots and if it finds more than one it gives you the choice of which to use. If it finds only one then it will use that one.

Maybe its possible to add a launcher after a dodgy install but I dont know how you can add anything to the system folder after a bad install.

Guest Whiler92

Thank you again for your feedback...

I will give a new try with a new baked ROM (including LauncherPro.apk, excluding Sense), and wipe out, format the SD card.

I'll post my result after that to let everyone knows if it works or not.

Cheers,

W.

Guest Emmepi

Quand tu cookes une rom sans Sense, tu as toujours le lockscreen Sense ?

Y'a un décalage en hauteur entre le wallpaper du lockscreen et celui des pages du home ?

Guest Whiler92

OK, so I wipe:

• Dalvik cache
  • Cache
  • Data factory/reset

I installed my latest baked rom
    with:
    • HTC IME
    • Mail
    • Navigator Panel
    • PDF Viewer
    • Teeter
    • Voice Recorder
    • Weather
    • World Clock

• Sense / Rosie
      • Sync

I format my SD:

[*]0

[*]3072

[*]remaining

I still have the same warnings :o Sorry! The process com.htc.RosieUtility has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again.

... when the phone starts, or when I start my browser... so the wipe didn't help :(

Now, I can go in Settings/Accounts & synch without rebooting... but, when I plug my usb cable (phone started), I can't browse anymore my SD card from my laptop... is the HTC Sync application mandatory to have this functionnality? (or should I change a specific setting somewhere? I already try to unmount the SD Card without success.... I also restarted in recovery mode to check the usb connection and it still works... :( pfeww, no usb brick)

So if anyone has any idea to avoid these Rosie warnings... or can confirm HTC Sync is mandatory to have a samba mount of the SD card under windows or a workaround to make it works...

Cheers,

W.

Quand tu cookes une rom sans Sense, tu as toujours le lockscreen Sense ?

Yes, there's always the HTC Lock Screen even without Sense/Rosie

Y'a un décalage en hauteur entre le wallpaper du lockscreen et celui des pages du home ?

There's no gap between the LockScreen's wallpaper and the home's one.

FYI, of course, I speak French, but I answer in English as we are on an English forum... let's the others understand too (more help & respect :o )

Guest Valmar

Dear All,

thanks for the help. Could you please guide me a little here? I turn the phone on while pressing the back key, I plug the USB, I go to bootlader and then recovery. I see the red shape with the triangle. Then what do I need to do to move the apk?. From my (Linux computer), what do I need to do? (I am computer proficient so feel free to skip the most obvious things)

Thank you again.

Valerio

EDIT: Never mind, found it on page 61. Thanks anyway!

Edited by Valmar

Guest Whiler92
Dear All,

thanks for the help. Could you please guide me a little here? I turn the phone on while pressing the back key, I plug the USB, I go to bootlader and then recovery. I see the red shape with the triangle. Then what do I need to do to move the apk?. From my (Linux computer), what do I need to do? (I am computer proficient so feel free to skip the most obvious things)

Thank you again.

Valerio

EDIT: Never mind, found it on page 61. Thanks anyway!

Personnaly, I wait for the red shape with the triangle to plug my USB cable...

BTW, after, you have to launch recovery-linux.sh

After, from another terminal, you can push the file you want (apk) with: adb-linux push file.apk /path

Guest Whiler92

Regarding my issue with Rosie....

The exact message I have after I launch the phone and unlock it, is:

The application HTC Widget Download Manager (process com.htc.RosieUtility) has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again.

How could I remove this warning?

• Could I remove a specific apk?
  • Edit a specific file?
  • Add some mandatory stuff (please, don't answer Sense/Rosie :( )

I tried to remove the HTC Weather but same issue...

Cheers,

W.

Guest pina

I need some help. I just tried some ROMS today, and returned back to MCR3.1 with custom kitchen. After flashing, my Wi-Fi doesn't work anymore. Every time I want to turn wifi on, I got the error:

Unable to start Wi-fi

The last time Wifi was working, I installed Pays Rom... How can I get this working again?

I solved the problem. I manually downloaded the kernel and flashed it seperately (http://android.modaco.com/content/htc-desire-desire-modaco-com/309185/21-may-r1-1-modaco-custom-kernel-mck-for-htc-desire/)

But: in the topic, you're stating that it's by default included in the roms, then why was the kernel not installed when flashing the roms? I'm sure that it didn't flash the kernel because I had to do it seperately in order to get my wifi working again. I used the Pays ROM before my wifi got broken and that rom uses another incompatible kernel.

Edited by pina

Guest Whiler92
Regarding my issue with Rosie....

The application HTC Widget Download Manager (process com.htc.RosieUtility) has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again.

Finally, I gave up... :( I baked a rom with Sense, and use LauncherPro as default...

So, I don't understand why there are options which can't be use in the kitchen... I was expecting a warning like for the Weather application (Note that removing this may have unexpected impact on other areas of the system (such as Sense).).... so I tried lots of combinations.. but none was efficient...

Cheers,

W.

Guest tianqi

Which rom version from the 1.21.xxx.x ROM series is r3.1? I need it to help with my usb brick.... - the CID generator way... please help

Guest toellby

Now, I installed a Version of 3.1, and I still got Issues with Sync.

Sync (Exchange, GMail, Flickr, Facebook) is working, but the Symbol still shows up.

Guest persko
Which rom version from the 1.21.xxx.x ROM series is r3.1? I need it to help with my usb brick.... - the CID generator way... please help

It comes up as:

1.21.MCR.2 CLxxxxxx

Per

Guest Golgo

Bug in r3.1:

Google News app acts really weird - checked feeds wont display/load and feeds disappear by random.

Also the widget sometimes mashes together text from different topics.

Guest Azurael

I don't think whatever reads the mtd0 data cares what the listed ROM version is... I looked at the dump of my never-bricked desire and it has 1.15.xxx listed even though I have MCR R3 (1.21.xxx) installed, and it works fine.

Guest aslsthlm

It´s 1.15.405.3 according to my misc image..

Guest Kaka

Anyone else have trouble Skipping/Pausing Music via the HTC headset Buttons?

I can no longer do it since flashing 3.1.

Tried a few different media players to make sure.