27/May r3.1 - MoDaCo Custom ROM for HTC Desire with Online Kitchen (2.1 / Eclair)

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest ZiCoN

I've seen some people have the same issue as me, that facebook sync doesn't work, and the sync icon just sticks. Was there ever found a solution to this?

Guest Mekerz
Anyone else have trouble Skipping/Pausing Music via the HTC headset Buttons?

I can no longer do it since flashing 3.1.

Tried a few different media players to make sure.

Hi mate,

Headset Buttons working fine here, mine was custom baked via the Kitchen though :(

Guest Elbereth
Anyone else have trouble Skipping/Pausing Music via the HTC headset Buttons?

I can no longer do it since flashing 3.1.

Tried a few different media players to make sure.

No problem here working fine (but I am not using MCK 1.1 included in MCR 3.1 but RicharTrip's UVOC v13 kernel).

Edited by Elbereth

Guest pina

I think there's something wrong with the kitchen. Although I removed the contacts-app and the voice-search-app, it's still included in the rom. I'm also wondering where the stock apps come from, like the phone-app and the clock-app. Is it possible te remove them?

Guest AndrewMe

Hi, all!

First, I flashed original 1.21 ROM, then rooted it with r5-alt

I've baked a ROM from online kitchen, flashed it...

Actually, it seems, it works fine but.. on the end of flashing I've got a message in windows console:

nohup: appending output to nohup.out

I just wanted to reassign the buttons: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=683902

but in the windows console there is no pissibility to enter commands while the phone is in recovery mode.

What does that mean? Could someone help?

Edit: Flash in internet browser doesn't work as well..

Edit 2: reassigning works

Edited by AndrewMe

Guest Elbereth

nohup runs applications in background and sends all stdout to nohup.out (that's the message you get when running the application).

Guest AndrewMe
nohup runs applications in background and sends all stdout to nohup.out (that's the message you get when running the application).

what it means? Is it normal?

Guest AndrewMe

Using r5 rooting while proceeding step1-windows "rooter" runs TWICE - is that ok?

after step1, the step2-windows first gives an error message, but after launching it second time, right after the first, the process starts normally.

At the end of step2 I see the message with nohup and windows console hangs in this state.

What to do and how to do?

Edited by AndrewMe

Guest Valmar

Dear All,

I wrote a few pages back saying that the Quickoffice and Amazon apps were not showing on the phone. Someone suggested to move them from data/app to system/app.

Just wanted to report that this worked for Quickoffice but not for Amazon. Strangely enough even if I don't include Amazon MO3 in the ROM and I install it from the Android Market, I still don't get the icon. I can go into settings and uninstall it. If I go into the Market and try to launch it with the Open button, I notice that the Open button is greyed out.

I just wanted to as if this is normal. Not that I desperately need the app, it I just wanted to report the problem. I am using a2sd+, could this be the problem. Or could it be a locale problem (not available in my country, Switzerland?).

Anyone knows?

Valerio

Guest kamidadevil
Dear All,

I wrote a few pages back saying that the Quickoffice and Amazon apps were not showing on the phone. Someone suggested to move them from data/app to system/app.

Just wanted to report that this worked for Quickoffice but not for Amazon. Strangely enough even if I don't include Amazon MO3 in the ROM and I install it from the Android Market, I still don't get the icon. I can go into settings and uninstall it. If I go into the Market and try to launch it with the Open button, I notice that the Open button is greyed out.

I just wanted to as if this is normal. Not that I desperately need the app, it I just wanted to report the problem. I am using a2sd+, could this be the problem. Or could it be a locale problem (not available in my country, Switzerland?).

Anyone knows?

Valerio

How did you restored quickoffice, Can you please explain how u moved from data/app to system/app, I booted into recovery menu (green one) but I cant see any option to move or something like that. (sorry i am not good in linux / rooting stuff)

Guest Jamsi

After flashing this ROM I too am missing the Quickoffice from my desire(even if I chose it to be baked). Looking in to it I found out that the Quickoffice.apk -file exists in /data/app -folder. I read somewhere that I could restore Quickoffice by moving it from /data/app ---> /system/app. How am I supposed to do that??

I allready tried to move it with root explorer - didn't move it. Then I tried to pull/push the file via adb - I got "failed to push...out of memory"-error. Why does it say that...?

Thanks...

Guest bbawden

Does anyone else have a bug with the screen timeout?

I've checked it and it's definitely set, but the screen only dims, never switches off. If I tap the power button it does switch off.

Maybe there's a process running that's keeping it alive?

Guest ermacwins

battery drained from 100% to 86% with no wifi/gprs/gps in 20 mins. just normal app usage (book reading)

do i need a new kernel or radio?

Guest TehNewb

hello,

I just installed this rom: "r3.1 ROM with default MoDaCo additions and A2SD+", but when I install any application, it install on device memory instead of SD card, is that normal ? how to install in SD card ? :(

Guest shaigrin

Just baked a rom for my new Desire and it works like magic! (not HTC magic :( )

With Hebrew support and all you need. (just install Anysoftkeyboard)

Thank you very much!

Guest ZiCoN

btw.... We figured out last night that the facebook sync sticks if the friendstream apk is removed from the custom rom...

just fyi

Guest DLDarklink

installed die 1.21 update, but phone kept rebooting. tried again, but first wiped the phone and problem solved. Now im flashing this Custom Rom (with additions and A2SD+) and i wiped it before install... now it reboots again and again at the quitly (not so) brilliant screen :(

anyone knows how to solve it?

Guest tect
Changelog

r3.1

• MCK kernel 1.1 included
  • Fixed issue where governor would lock to userspace instead of OnDemand, locking the device to 768MHz (WTF!)
  • Added gr0gmint's R2 JIT as a kitchen option
    • Now using CyanogenMod apns-conf.xml
    • ROM is now unified with Nexus One release for faster updates to newer builds
    • Complete ground-up rework
    • Based on 1.21.xxx.x Desire ROM with elements of EPF21B

• Updated 'cachedalvikcache' script
      • Odex'd /system/app directory to save space in dalvik-cache
      • Added A2SD+ with dalvik-cache on SD
      • Temporarily removed HTC_IME mod
      • Updated build.prop
      • Minor fixes

r1

[*]Initial Release

notice R3 apn config not working when insert Malaysia Maxis 3g and Celcom 3g simcard

notice R3.1 pinch to zoom not working on browser and picture

Guest i6bazar

Hello,

I have installed SetCPU with MCR r3.1 and I don't see any difference when I try to fix the CPU Frequency.

The kernel included in r3.1 is not patched for SetCPU ?

Guest svyat
Ok, found out not everything is fine. When I try to access settings -> Accounts & sync I get a reboot (same as with the previous build).

Anyone here who did a full wipe and has the same problem? Don't want to wipe unless I need to :(

I had the same problem. Restoring all the system apps I have deleted previously solved the problem. I restored Facebook, Peep, News & Weather and Stocks and I believe Friendstream. Not sure as to which one of those causes the reboot yet.

Looks like it's time for one-by-one removal and a lot of reboots into recovery console. :/ We really should start a thread listing all the sys apps that are safe to remove.

Edited by svyat