27/May r3.1 - MoDaCo Custom ROM for HTC Desire with Online Kitchen (2.1 / Eclair)

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest Season_Bay

Hi Paul,

In Asia version of HTC desire, I am able to search for contact in dialer thru chinese pinyin, is it possible to implement it in your Modaco custom rom as an option?

Guest mr. winterbottom

Hi,

i've the r3.1 without Sense/Rosie baked in the kitchen.

No chance to run on Desire !!!

With Sense/Rosie run on Desire :(

mr. winterbottom

Guest steelfish
Hi,

i've the r3.1 without Sense/Rosie baked in the kitchen.

No chance to run on Desire !!!

With Sense/Rosie run on Desire :(

mr. winterbottom

I'm getting the same as well. I think I've tried all the cooking options and no matter what combination I use, when SenseUI/Rosie are not baked in the phone is really unstable.

Guest Reigenspieler

Paul, thank you very much for that great ROM :( !

But there is one little problem with A2SD+. If I install an app, it reduces the Mobilephonememory, but when I mount the sdcard under Ubuntu everything is fine... all apps are installed on the sdcard. Mysterious :( !

I know, you guys are pretty annoyed about this topic, but I really done everything step by step with the A2SD guide.

Sorry for my shitty English ^^ I'm from Germany and I've never paid attention in my English-lessons xD .

Guest polystirenman

hi

i have a problem and i hope someone will be able to help me with this.

i have baked a few ROMs with online kitchen.when i try to flash ROM it always get stuck at "Copying Files".Progress bar just stops moving and ROM will not flash.i have to remove battery.i can flash other ROMs without a problem.anybody knows what's going on?thx

Guest ZiCoN
hi

i have a problem and i hope someone will be able to help me with this.

i have baked a few ROMs with online kitchen.when i try to flash ROM it always get stuck at "Copying Files".Progress bar just stops moving and ROM will not flash.i have to remove battery.i can flash other ROMs without a problem.anybody knows what's going on?thx

It takes a bit of time, and it does look like that at that part of the process... give it a chance (don't know if you did) I had the same thought, but let it run for a while...

Guest polystirenman
It takes a bit of time, and it does look like that at that part of the process... give it a chance (don't know if you did) I had the same thought, but let it run for a while...

well.i left it for like half an hour.i doubt that it should take that long.all other ROMs i have tried were installed faster than that.

Guest mr. winterbottom

Sorry for my shitty English ^^ I'm from Germany and I've never paid attention in my English-lessons xD .

..... Du auch :(

mr. winterbottom

Guest ZiCoN

..... Du auch :(

mr. winterbottom

Less synchronization in english movies :o :(

Guest PandaKiller

I have a doubt about update rom without wipe data.

This means that after install I don't have to install my applications?

My home screen and definitions remain the same as before?

It keeps my sms and contacts?

I have a A2SD working nice, my sd is partitioned with a 512MB ext3.

If I update to this rom I will need to format my sd again to have A2SD?

I lost my app installed on this partition?

Edited by PandaKiller

Guest FrancisFuku
I have a doubt about update rom without wipe data.

This means that after install I don't have to install my applications?

My home screen and definitions remain the same as before?

It keeps my sms and contacts?

I have a A2SD working nice, my sd is partitioned with a 512MB ext3.

If I update to this rom I will need to format my sd again to have A2SD?

I lost my app installed on this partition?

When you flash a new ROM, you will keep all your data. That's what I've done since the beginning, I've had no problem at all. No need to wipe anything.

For A2SD (especially if you use A2SD+), be sure to use this recovery : the one Paul provided has a bug with the dalvik cache, I don't know all the details, but it causes a bootloop if you are using A2SD+. With this other recovery, you won't have to re-partition your SD card, and therefore, you will keep all your apps. But of course, it's better to save all your apps (with Titanium Backup for example), it's safer :)

Guest purpledatsun

I am hoping someone can please help me.

I am trying to use a custom ROM and have encountered a problem.

When I try to go to recovery screen I get the red triangle. I have rooted my phone using the R4 method.

Can anyone shed some light or tell me what I may be doing wrong?

cheers

James

Guest PandaKiller
When you flash a new ROM, you will keep all your data. That's what I've done since the beginning, I've had no problem at all. No need to wipe anything.

For A2SD (especially if you use A2SD+), be sure to use this recovery : the one Paul provided has a bug with the dalvik cache, I don't know all the details, but it causes a bootloop if you are using A2SD+. With this other recovery, you won't have to re-partition your SD card, and therefore, you will keep all your apps. But of course, it's better to save all your apps (with Titanium Backup for example), it's safer :)

Thanks a lot :)

From secure I will backup my sd and the apps with Titanium, but if I need to install all again is boring.

I have "r1-a2sd-desire-dalvik-fresh-signed" installed.

In this case do I need to "Recovery v1.1" or I ken use "r5-desire-root" script?

What A2SD I must choose? A2SD or A2SD+ ?

Think I have a ext3 partition on first and then a fat32 :S

Edited by PandaKiller

Guest alexspy

Would be nice if you got the missing apps working, latest MCR and Facebook for HTC Sense sync working on the cooked roms.

Using pre-baked v3.1 without additions and 4.06.00.16.2 radio on Orange UK fine so far. It's still missing Quickoffice :)

Thanks for the effort!

Edited by alexspy

Guest Valmar
How did you restored quickoffice, Can you please explain how u moved from data/app to system/app, I booted into recovery menu (green one) but I cant see any option to move or something like that. (sorry i am not good in linux / rooting stuff)

Sorry for the late answer. I booted into the recovery menu (gren one like you), then in the terminal on the connected computer, I typed:

sh recovery-linux-sh

this, if I rememeber correctly, starts the adb (but I had to rename adb-linux to adb for it to happen). When adb starts (prompt is #) you are manipulating the file system of the phone. You can then do a ls /data/app and move with a mv command the apk file of Quickoffice to /system/app.

If you are using a2sd, in addition to /system, you might have to mount the ext3 partition from the SD Card (look at the /etc/fstab mount point, you might have to create it). The data partition with a2sd is on the SD card.

Valerio

Guest FrancisFuku
Thanks a lot :)

From secure I will backup my sd and the apps with Titanium, but if I need to install all again is boring.

I have "r1-a2sd-desire-dalvik-fresh-signed" installed.

In this case do I need to "Recovery v1.1" or I ken use "r5-desire-root" script?

What A2SD I must choose? A2SD or A2SD+ ?

Think I have a ext3 partition on first and then a fat32 :S

It seems that you have no problem with the Dalvik cache on your SD card, so you can choose A2SD+. And you still need the fixed recovery script, rather than the one Paul provided.

Guest PandaKiller
It seems that you have no problem with the Dalvik cache on your SD card, so you can choose A2SD+. And you still need the fixed recovery script, rather than the one Paul provided.

Downloading now :)

Thanks

Guest yojosefo
I am hoping someone can please help me.

I am trying to use a custom ROM and have encountered a problem.

When I try to go to recovery screen I get the red triangle. I have rooted my phone using the R4 method.

Can anyone shed some light or tell me what I may be doing wrong?

cheers

James

Im in the same position, but I guess you can run the recovery-windows.bat to get to the green recovery page.

Still I dont know If Im allowed to install a CRI, rooted with R4, or how to intall the paul's customs roms!

haht hanks, appreciate any help

Guest yojosefo

And BTW paul, THANKS!, really appreciate your working, litetrally you changed "The whole android Experience" hahah, greetings from shanghai