27/May r3.1 - MoDaCo Custom ROM for HTC Desire with Online Kitchen (2.1 / Eclair)

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest Whiler92
I'm getting the same as well. I think I've tried all the cooking options and no matter what combination I use, when SenseUI/Rosie are not baked in the phone is really unstable.

Finally, I gave up... :) I baked a rom with Sense, and use LauncherPro as default...

So, I don't understand why there are options which can't be use in the kitchen... I was expecting a warning like for the Weather application (Note that removing this may have unexpected impact on other areas of the system (such as Sense).).... so I tried lots of combinations.. but none was efficient...

Cheers,

W.

Guest daverave999

Is anyone else having trouble with the wifi status indicator? It's present in /data/app on the ROM I cooked (and on the phone for that matter) but it doesn't seem to work.

Guest Nicke

I removed Stock.apk and the Stock-widget-apk using adb shell but i need it back. The phone reboots when i try to enter sync settings. :)

I have pushed back the both apk-files but the app does not reappear in the apps list and the reboots continues...

What now?

Edited by Nicke

Guest alexspy
I removed Stock.apk and the Stock-widget-apk using adb shell but i need it back. The phone reboots when i try to enter sync settings. :)

I have pushed back the both apk-files but the app does not reappear in the apps list and the reboots continues...

What now?

I think it's something to do with facebook for sense sync. Try reflashing and don't add an account for it.

Guest Nicke
I think it's something to do with facebook for sense sync. Try reflashing and don't add an account for it.

I know for a fact that it has to do with me removing the Stock app... :)

I was in the believe that it was a matter of putting the files back in /system/app but... no..

Edited by Nicke

Guest Elbereth

I just noticed that my HTC Desire (bought simlock-free in French, using a Belgian provider & SIM card), rooted (r4) and running MCR r3.1 (+RicharTrip's Kernel v14) has only 2 available locales: English & French.

I write a lot in Spanish and I wanted to switch the predictive keyboard to Spanish but I don't have this option.

Am I overlooking something? I tried to search in the forum and on the net and I only found that the locales were different depending on where you live but that's strange for a custom rom isn't it?

Edit: Hmm just installed HTC_ime mod v26 which allows me to change to Spanish. So weird to limit the available locales...

Edited by Elbereth

Guest mrig99999999
Anyone with an Orange handset tried a baked ROM with the radio update yet?

Just wondering whether I should include it or not...

Hi, yea ive tried it on my Orange Desire, also tried the R5 one too. seems to be working fine. not sure about Apps2sd+ though. Need to do a bit more research on it..

Guest ph0rce

Thanks very much for the custom roms, just finished installing the additions+a2sd on my desire & everything went very smoothly. Initially I didn't do a factory reset on the phone but when I'd finished flashing it, I couldn't get into the accounts / sync without it rebooting the phone so I just wiped the whole thing & restored from a backup.

I also backed all my apps up using Titanium Backup before I did it, excellent app, made light work of the re-install.

One slight niggle though, when I am using the Facebook widget to scroll through people's posts, the left arrow used to stop when it reached the latest post but now it seems to wrap round & start from the beginning again. Is there anyway to pop the old Facebook widget back, obviously not a major problem but it is quite annoying!

Guest sp78025fr

Warning

I tried to setup your cook with the 1.21.405.2 version, the latest. The flash not works and the Desire reboot himself without go to the home screen.

The cook version is for the 1.21.405.1 max.

Sorry if my english is not perfect, i am french and don't know the good words.

Guest w0mbat

I used the r3.1 ROM with a2sd+ last night and have a few issues with it when running. Anyone got any ideas?

1. It now takes an age for the phone to power on, around 1.5 mins to the "quietly brilliant" screen and then another 2 until you get into the phone proper. This used to be about 20 seconds before the new ROM

2. The SYNC icon is almost constantly on and its using as fait bit of data according to 3G watchdog. I have removed all accounts aprt from my gmail one which is just set to sync mail and it hasn't improved, SYNC still almost constant :)

Cheers,

Neil

Guest indyjones

Using 3.1 I don't have the sync bug but my contact photos are no longer updating from facebook anyone got a doc for this please? I have a feeling the android Facebook update broke this, I un installed but sync is still broken :-(

Guest Valmar
By the way, anyone knows what happens with Amazon MP3 and why I can't open it?

Valerio

Answering my own post :)

Yes apparently it was a locale problem. I installed more locales, selected English (UK) and the Amazon MP3 store icons appeared in the application list. Tah-Da!

Valerio

Guest ph0rce

Using the Facebook application has now caused my phone to reboot twice, anyone got any ideas?

I made sure to do a factory reset before I applied the rom & I also wiped my caches, the only thing I've really changed is I am using V14 of richardtrip's kernel. I've also removed a couple of apps using adb: both the setup wizards, the Sim toolkit & Wavesecure, if that makes a difference.

Cheers.

EDIT

Just updated the Facebook app from the one supplied as default, going to see if that makes a difference.

Edited by ph0rce

Guest squrl
Using 3.1 I don't have the sync bug but my contact photos are no longer updating from facebook anyone got a doc for this please? I have a feeling the android Facebook update broke this, I un installed but sync is still broken :-(

Same for me. When I tried to search for a solution, I found that there is a large number of users with this very same problem.

[link]

Edited by squrl

Guest Season_Bay
Hi Paul,

In Asia version of HTC desire, I am able to search for contact in dialer thru chinese pinyin, is it possible to implement it in your Modaco custom rom as an option?

Is there anyone who can help me out :)

Guest InsideOut

Thanks for your ROMs, but can you please make a ROM like "r3.1 ROM with default MoDaCo additions and Chinese input", but with Hebrew support instead of Chinese?

Or maybe a stock ROM with only Hebrew added? that's really all I (and many others, I'm sure) need...

PLEASE! :)

Edited by InsideOut

Guest hamstertrance

wanna ask a noob qns. coz i'm new to this rooting thingy and custom roms. I cant realli find a definate ans to these qns so i decided to post to find out.

1) what is A2SD? izzit a app to allow us to store our app into SD card?

2) what's a kernel and loopback means?

i saw this somewhere:

* Tuned kernel (probably you will lose loopback with this kernel!)

3)what's a custom recovery image? i tried use the link of this post at the requirement section to see wad's it about. but was lead to main page. lol. Is it the image which i saw in the folder "r5-desire-root-alt", by the file name "recovery-window.bat"?

Thx for helping me out!!

Guest ph0rce

Quick question, ( even though my previous ones have gone unanswered! ) I updated my kernel to one from XDA but its rebooting the phone too often for my liking ( mainly whilst using the Facebook app ), how do I get the stock MCR 3.1 one back?

Guest yazooo
I used the r3.1 ROM with a2sd+ last night and have a few issues with it when running. Anyone got any ideas?

1. It now takes an age for the phone to power on, around 1.5 mins to the "quietly brilliant" screen and then another 2 until you get into the phone proper. This used to be about 20 seconds before the new ROM

2. The SYNC icon is almost constantly on and its using as fait bit of data according to 3G watchdog. I have removed all accounts aprt from my gmail one which is just set to sync mail and it hasn't improved, SYNC still almost constant :)

Cheers,

Neil

You removed one too many things when you baked your rom. I had exactly the same problem. I think it was friends stream or something like that. Others had the same issue. You will have to reflash I think.

Guest Whiler92
You removed one too many things when you baked your rom. I had exactly the same problem. I think it was friends stream or something like that. Others had the same issue. You will have to reflash I think.

FYI:

I removed many stuffs from my backed ROM... and it's still fast... I haven't included "Friends Stream"...

Guest JannaMann
Hi guys, this may seem like a stupid question but is Flash not supposed to be working on these roms? I flashed the r3 ROM with default MoDaCo additions and A2SD+ on my Desire and flash does not seem to be working at all. I had the 0.8 loader and followed the instruction in the sticky if that makes a difference.

Same problem here.. No flash

Guest Sharkiy

Hi

I use the r3.1 rom on my desire one week. Since today it looks good. But now I would use the desire as a harddrive via pc, touch connect to pc kill the settings screen. Than I touch the "Konto und syncronisieren" label and the desiere is booting each time I touch this label.

Is it a bug or a future :-?

Thanks Sharki

Guest Sharkiy
Hi

I use the r3.1 rom on my desire one week. Since today it looks good. But now I would use the desire as a harddrive via pc, touch connect to pc kill the settings screen. Than I touch the "Konto und syncronisieren" label and the desiere is booting each time I touch this label.

Thanks Sharki

Ok I solved. It seems the same problam as above. I have include the friend stream in the kitchen and update my rom.

Hajo

Guest chippieuk

Signed up for Adfree so I could access the online kitchen, as I really liked the option to remove sense "When removed, it is replaced by the standard Launcher". This is what I wanted.

So I went through and chose the options I wanted, including removing sense, and then find I have NO launcher at all, when the description said it would give me the standard launcher. Have I missed something obvious, or does the remove sense option not actually replace it with the standard android launcher?

Guest Whiler92
Hi

Thanks Sharki

I like this feature.. All reboot stuffs I test don't work :)

But I still don't have "friend stream", and since I wipe all... I can access the menu normally (no more reboot).