27/May r3.1 - MoDaCo Custom ROM for HTC Desire with Online Kitchen (2.1 / Eclair)

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest The_IMF

Ok this is doing my nut in now. I had r3 running fine on my Desire except it was a proper battery hog.

I flashed it to r3.1 (through fake flash) with no wipe and then suddenly Sense kept force closing.

Wiped the sd card, wiped the phone, wiped everything and installed it and then stuck in the boot loop where as soon as it gets to enter the PIN; the phone reboots.

Went to restore my nandroid backup and got told the MD5 doesn't match?? What the hell??

Downloaded r3.1 again, wiped and flashed again. All worked fine last night. Reinstalled my apps with Titanium and all night the phone was fine.

20 mins ago I was browsing the web and suddenly the phone rebooted to my bootscreen and got stuck in the loop again! Reflashed the rom, same crap. Cleared the cache and reflashed the room... same crap again.

What the hell is causing this? Anyone resolved the infinite boot loop yet??

Edited by The_IMF

Guest binary_digit_2002

Hi Paul,

Sorry about this, you may have already been asked and I'm new to all this!

In the custom rom option above, you quote

A2SD =

"This option adds an A2SD script to the startup process. Note that although applications are moved to SD, dalvik-cache remains in the data partition. To use A2SD, you should partition your SD card to have a FAT32 partition first, then an EXT3 partition second. If you include this option, do NOT include the A2SD+ option."

From the phone how do I format FAT32 first, and then the EXT3 second?

Thanks

Andy

Guest fanello

Does anybody know how I can get back Quickoffice und the ability to install HTC Widgets? I tried the Rom with additions and the Rom without, but in both editions the same fault, No Quickoffice und I can't install HTC widgets....

Guest Subject Delta
Does anybody know how I can get back Quickoffice und the ability to install HTC Widgets? I tried the Rom with additions and the Rom without, but in both editions the same fault, No Quickoffice und I can't install HTC widgets....

The HTC widgets issue, if I understand correctly is to do with the method that is used to sign the update, apparently if it isn't signed HTC don't allow these things to be installed. As for Quickoffice, I can only recommend that you download an official rom and pull the apk from it, or flash an official rom and use ASTRO to back up the APK. Because Quickoffice is copyrighted I don't think Paul is allowed to distribute it

Guest Noonski

Very happy after a day with a Custom ROM, well worth supporting Modaco for a tenner.

Now it might be that I finally got rid of my Windows Mobile Taskmanager syndrome, but battery live does seam a lot better then my Stock (I already had the latest Firmware in Stock).

Overal the device is faster (again might be my earlier app killing neurosis). I have installed a s*** load of apps to SD and still have 227.01MB of 457.35MB free from A2SD+ (device storage is now 33MB used of 147MB).

So for those going to partition their SD card 512 should be more then enough.

I had a bootloop issue first with the card partition through Device recovery, but that was fixed by partitioning through ADB on Windows7 64 Bit.

This will keep me very happy till Froyo officially comes out. I installed Sense but replaced it with LauncherPro (fancy Widget and MortPLayer also and a shitload more). my first attempts without Rosie did not get the default launcher up. I had to start the market through the search button :(. But I could not live with the errors of missing Sense. I don't like the way everything gets integrated in the Stock ROM with twitter and Facebook, so no loss in leaving friendstream and Peep out. The official Apps for Facebook and Twitter do the job just fine. And I follow my news site through twitter so an RSS reader is a bit dated for me ;)

Beneath I'll post my settings for the online kitchen for those a bit weary to screw around a bit themselves.

Paul, the only thing I found not working in my three shots was Nexus Boot (Tried a few times but Nexus Boot does not get added).

Great work, I really was not planning on learning to cook from the ground up for Android and this really helped my get a bit more personalized ROM with a few tries.

Radio 32.36.00.28u_4.06.00.02_2 (I'm on T-Mobile NL Network)

138MB Free 0f 147MB Internal storage at Boot.

0 Contacts

1 Live WallPapers

0 Google Maps

0 News And Weather

0 Sim Toolkit

1 Voice Search

1 YouTube

1 HTC Calc

1 Flickr Sync

1 FM Radio

1 FootPrints

0 Friendstream

0 HTC Ch IME

1 HTC IME

0 HTC Mail

0 Navigator Panel

0 HTC News

1 PDF Viewer

0 Peep

1 Sense

0 Stocks

1 HTC Sync

0 Teeter

1 Voice Recorder

1 Weather

1 World Clock

0 Amazon MP3

1 Facebook

0 Jbed

0 QuickOffice

0 Developer Tools

0 Spare Parts (Installed later to A2SD)

0 Titanium Back Up

0 waveSecure

1 Wifi Status

1 Wifi Tether (removed it afterwards as it didn't work good enough)

0 A2SD

1 A2SD+

1 Boot Sound

0 JIT

1 Nexus Boot (Tried a few times but Nexus Boot does not get added)

0 Hebrew

Guest bhups

This question may have been asked a million times, but i cannot find the answer.

Can anyone please put a working link or a note on how one can be able to launch the "custom recovery image".

I have rooted my device using the guide on "14/Jun r6 riskfreeroot - HTC Desire rooting guide - now with HBOOT 0.80 and OS to 1.21 support" but it says that:

"The root process will NOT...

* enable you to flash your device with a custom recovery image"

Please let me know what to do. Thanks.

P.S. The link in the requirements section takes us to the main page and not to the link it should.

su

chmod 666 /data/data/com.android.providers.contacts/files/*

Hi

Could you explain to my how you run that? I did the repair permission as well any my contacts pictures aren't showing anymore ;)

regards

Andy

UPDATE: Finally figured it out after several hours trial and erroring:D

Edited by Guest

Guest droyd

Hi Guys, I new to MoDaCo and Android, so please excuse the Noobishness!. I have a Desire which I have rooted following the instructions on MoDaCo. Everything OK so far (well its all relative anyway). No I installed Rom Manager. Then I signed up as a premium member and baked a rom - how cool is that? and I get this dam error message about being unable to verify the signature!

I mave looked around for a day and came accross something that said I had to unlock the bootlogger, but I can't figure out how. With fastboot I get an error message saying bad command.

Can anyone help before I go mad?

Guest Climbatize
Hi Guys, I new to MoDaCo and Android, so please excuse the Noobishness!. I have a Desire which I have rooted following the instructions on MoDaCo. Everything OK so far (well its all relative anyway). No I installed Rom Manager. Then I signed up as a premium member and baked a rom - how cool is that? and I get this dam error message about being unable to verify the signature!

I mave looked around for a day and came accross something that said I had to unlock the bootlogger, but I can't figure out how. With fastboot I get an error message saying bad command.

Can anyone help before I go mad?

I think you have to download it again ;)

Guest cgrec92
Ok this is doing my nut in now. I had r3 running fine on my Desire except it was a proper battery hog.

I flashed it to r3.1 (through fake flash) with no wipe and then suddenly Sense kept force closing.

Wiped the sd card, wiped the phone, wiped everything and installed it and then stuck in the boot loop where as soon as it gets to enter the PIN; the phone reboots.

Went to restore my nandroid backup and got told the MD5 doesn't match?? What the hell??

Downloaded r3.1 again, wiped and flashed again. All worked fine last night. Reinstalled my apps with Titanium and all night the phone was fine.

20 mins ago I was browsing the web and suddenly the phone rebooted to my bootscreen and got stuck in the loop again! Reflashed the rom, same crap. Cleared the cache and reflashed the room... same crap again.

What the hell is causing this? Anyone resolved the infinite boot loop yet??

try flashing a different radio

im almost certain that will fix it

Guest bhups
This question may have been asked a million times, but i cannot find the answer.

Can anyone please put a working link or a note on how one can be able to launch the "custom recovery image".

I have rooted my device using the guide on "14/Jun r6 riskfreeroot - HTC Desire rooting guide - now with HBOOT 0.80 and OS to 1.21 support" but it says that:

"The root process will NOT...

* enable you to flash your device with a custom recovery image"

Please let me know what to do. Thanks.

P.S. The link in the requirements section takes us to the main page and not to the link it should.

OK. As no-one helped me answer my question, I think the answer is found after, by fluke, I read it on the " 17/Jun r17 - MoDaCo Custom ROM for HTC Desire with Online Kitchen - FRF50 Froyo".

The Custom Recovery Image can be as follows:

"In order to use this ROM on your device, you must have a custom recovery image installed. You can read more about how to use the fake-flash CRI on your device in this topic."

http://android.modaco.com/content/htc-desi...e-without-a-pc/

If I am wrong, please let me know.

Hi Guys!

So I'll be getting my Desire tomorrow and as far as I know it'll be shipped with a 4GB microSDHC card. I have ordered a 8GB Class 6 card just now and I should receive on Saturday/Monday. In the meantime I am thinking of flashing the non-A2SD version of this ROM and install all apps on the phone's memory. Once I get my new memory card though, I'd like to move those apps over to the memory card.

Now my question:

How do I later enable A2SD+ without having to reflash the A2SD+ version of this ROM. Is there a simpler way of enabling A2SD+? I'm sure it'll be possible to just flash it over the current ROM without wiping, but just wondering if there is a simpler method.

Guest dodolom

Hi guys,

I am all new to this world so I hope my question makes sense. I just rooted my new desire and flashed it with r3.1 ROM with default MoDaCo additions and A2SD+ but the apps are still saving on the phone memory, not on the SD Card. How do I get the A2SD+ working?

Thanks in advance

Guest Climbatize
Hi guys,

I am all new to this world so I hope my question makes sense. I just rooted my new desire and flashed it with r3.1 ROM with default MoDaCo additions and A2SD+ but the apps are still saving on the phone memory, not on the SD Card. How do I get the A2SD+ working?

Thanks in advance

You have to make a 512mo ext2 or ext3 partition on your SD card

Guest dodolom
You have to make a 512mo ext2 or ext3 partition on your SD card

How do I do that? If you don't mind explaining it a bit ?

Thnx again

Guest Climbatize
How do I do that? If you don't mind explaining it a bit ?

Thnx again

You can do it with ROM Manager on the market (I think, never tried) ;)

Guest Dempier

No FM radio? :'(

I'm currently using the r17 froyo, and since it doesn't have FM radio I thought "oh well, at least I can use the 2.1 MCR". But now it seems like I'll have to go back to stock. disappointing ;)

EDIT:

Never mind, it apparently does work

Edited by Dempier

Guest Davey IJzermans

I can't bake ROMs anymore. What happened? I still have a subscription according to my control panel. Is there a limit to how many you can bake?

Guest Enemydk

Loving this rom, altho for some reason the "circle" for updating in the statusbar keeps showing (not animating like it normally would during an update) and i cant seem to get rid of it.

Anyone got any idea how to fix this?

Guest Aytek Nisim

Hi Paul,

I'm looking for a custom ROM that includes Hebrew fonts and A2SD+. Does any of the prebaked ROMs includes these two additions?

If not, how can I get one? (I'm not a premium user).

Also, do I need to root my device before installing this ROM?

Thanks.

Guest Dempier

Can't get HTC's widgets to work. I click download, it downloads, but doesn't install.. Any solution?

I'm trying to install the Notes widget, maybe someone has the apk?

Guest Psychedelic Squid

A request for Paul: could you please clarify in the kitchen item descriptions that removing Sync removes the entire Connect to PC (Charge Only/HTC Sync/Disk Drive/Internet Share) selector, making it difficult to mount the sdcard to the PC.

From the description, it seemed it would remove only HTC Sync and leave the chooser intact, just without that option, and because of this unclearness, I had to do a complete rebake.