27/May r3.1 - MoDaCo Custom ROM for HTC Desire with Online Kitchen (2.1 / Eclair)

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest unikum

I dont think a2sd+ is working for me...

I partitioned my sdcard with gparted livecd. The first partition is fat32 and the second partition is 1Gb ext3.

When I install apps it still installs on internal memory. I cannot find any settings to change this either.

Edit: It does work! I thought there should be some kind of notification that apps was installed on the card. I have never used apps2sd before.

Now I have to figure out how to uninstall wavesecure.

Edited by unikum

Guest Noonski
Loving this rom, altho for some reason the "circle" for updating in the statusbar keeps showing (not animating like it normally would during an update) and i cant seem to get rid of it.

Anyone got any idea how to fix this?

I just ran into this same problem.

It disappears when I disable Auto Syncing and reboot only.

This only started after I Added HTC Facebook to syncing accounts.

Update:

Using Process/Task Manager look for Facebook for HTC Sense and kill that to get rid of the sync icon not disappearing.

Edited by Noonski

Guest Subject Delta

I use the MCR version with default modaco additions, however I do not require wavesecure. How do I remove it from my phone?

Guest medomedo

I generated a ROM using the kitchen today and the result had the name r3-bravo-desire-modacocustomrom-signed-MD5-78864dfeaa1367d95b72d9af62f14d3f.zip .

Should not the result file start with r3.1 or r3_1 ? I am afraid that the kitchen is still using r3.

Thanks

Guest sbrundell

No route to Host

I can't download apps/data via my wifi network as I get a no route to host message. Same message with both 32.36.00.28U_4.06.00.02_2 and latest radio when configured with DHCP (and via 2 different routers at home), works fine with static IP configured/enabled. Anyone have any ideas?

Guest vfrvulcan

Sound notifications.

This is my first root/flash of the Desire. I'm running r3.1 but I'm getting no sound notifications.

Menu/settings/sound/notification sound shows a blank list, there are no sounds for alarms, countdown timers, or email. SMS will allow me to select 'default ringtone' only.

Mail/settings/notification sound is on

Menu/settings/sound/media volume is nearly full, phone volume is up there as well.

Have I missed something? Can't think it would be broken as I'm sure others here would have mentioned it.

Other than that, thanks for a great ROM!

TIA

Aaron

[Edit] Re-flashed (twice) and cleared/wiped several times and now working.

Edited by vfrvulcan

Guest spammyspam

Has anyone managed to get OpenVPN working on this ROM? In adb shell I keep getting a complaint about a missing liblzo.so.

Does MCR1.3 OpenVPN work out of the box or is there further configuration for me to do?

Guest dkodr

I baked a ROM with A2SD (not A2SD+) and immediately after flashing had only 18mb free space on the device. Now it's 15mb and I'm receiving the "low disk space" notification. Note: A2SD is working properly. Does anyone know how to gain some space with this ROM?

Guest lambrospower

hey guys i dunno if anyone had this problem...i searched but didn't find it......when i try to flash a rom with apps2sd i get an error from the recovery that it can't open it....it says 'can't open: the name of the zip' i chose but below says (bad)

Guest Murodese

Do the cooked roms still come with dropbear installed by default? I'm unable to get a connection on port 2222. Failing that, how am I able to install dropbear manually?

Guest Climbatize
hey guys i dunno if anyone had this problem...i searched but didn't find it......when i try to flash a rom with apps2sd i get an error from the recovery that it can't open it....it says 'can't open: the name of the zip' i chose but below says (bad)

try doing it with Rom manager and its last clockwork recovery, it works ;-)

Guest LiorG

I flashed the ROM today, almost everything seems to be working properly, but I've encountered the following problem:

Can't find Google Earth on the market, if I try to download directly from their site, it says that the device is not supported (It downloaded and worked ok with the stock ROM).

Anyone can help with this?

Guest KingDan

Has the kitchen been updated?

I had checked options in the kitchen and some of them have not been installed.

Is there a market update that I can install as my market can't seem to find quite a few things

like ROM Manager Premium.

Guest billydavey

Paul, I flashed this ROM but when it loads I have lots of Force Closes for lots of applications and all I see on screen is black screen with the notification bar at the top, meaning I can't get to my programs at all.

What can I do to fix this as I can't get back to ROM manager to re-flash?

Help please!!