27/May r3.1 - MoDaCo Custom ROM for HTC Desire with Online Kitchen (2.1 / Eclair)

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest AndreyK

Hi,

I just subscribed as MoDaCo Add free user and i'm trying to flash custom rom from online kitchen i have a problem with it.

I wipe all data and did reformating SD card with swap 0 , ext2 1024Mb and converting ext2 to ext3

After first boot , when i'm click on wizard finish button my phone goes to reboot and from now it's entering in infinite reboot.

Loading reaches lock screen and goes to reboot and reboot ....

I tried three different roms with different checked options baked via online kitchen with same unsuccessful result.

Stock rom and pre-baked MoDaCo + A2SD+ i flashed without any problem.

What i'm doing wrong?

Please help :lol:

Thank you

Sorry if my english is not so good :D

Guest Smilgs

Hello. I have the same issue. Using Rom Manager, so I assume fake-flash tool as well.

Tried to bake another version from the kitchen, same result.

Update - seems it was an issue with ClockworkMod Recovery 2.0.1.7 (there is an option to switch to 2.0.1.4 in ROM Manager) - so ROM Manager can be used.

hi, newbie here!!!!

I'm pretty sure I'm following the instructions carefully but when I go to update my new rom (r3.1 ROM with default MoDaCo additions and A2SD) I get the following error when selecting "Apply sdcard:update.zip"

-- Install from sdcard...

Finding update package

Opening update package...

Verifying update package...

E:signature verification failed

Installation aborted

any ideas? Every I've followed up until this point has worked as shown on here

EDIT: still getting this error...

EDIT EDIT: used the fake-flash tool and it seems to have worked...

Edited by Smilgs

Guest Davey IJzermans
Does anybody have any experience with editing the default.prop? I'm still kind of an Android Noob, so I'd need some help... But let me share my "findings" on my quest for better audio quality in captured videos and a steady framerate of 25.

Here is the juicy part of the default.prop I'd like to edit:

In particular, I was wondering if it's possible to change the following strings:

For audio

ro.media.enc.mprof.codec.aud=amrnb - -> ro.media.enc.mprof.codec.aud=aac

ro.media.enc.mprof.aud.bps=12200 - -> ro.media.enc.mprof.aud.bps=128

ro.media.enc.lprof.aud.hz=8000 - -> ro.media.enc.lprof.aud.hz=44100

ro.media.enc.aud.amrnb.bps=5525,12200 - -> ro.media.enc.aud.aac.bps=96,256

ro.media.enc.aud.amrnb.hz=8000,8000 - -> ro.media.enc.aud.aac.hz=8000,44100

For video

ro.media.enc.vid.m4v.fps=1,60 - -> 30,60

ro.media.enc.vid.h264.fps=1,60 - -> 30,60

So., did you try it? Did it work?

Guest voidwalker

I can't seem to be to able to do pinch zoom on the internet browser?? Is there anyway to add it in? Or will threr be a version where pinch zoom is available?? Thank you!!

Guest roakes

Hey all,

Has anyone noticed a marked decrease in battery life using this ROM over a rooted version of the official one? I have been changing ROMs on my Hero for a long time and now started doing so on my Desire, I started off by just rooting is using Paul's guide but recently went for the 3.1 ROM too, I wiped before doing so. But since I have been using it my battery life has practically halved, I have checked all settings and know my way around Android enough now to find all the battery sucking little things but I am still at a loss as to what is causing the battery life issue.

Has anyone else experienced something similar? Considering moving back to rooted standard ROM and waiting for Froyo but would rather not if I could help it.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Russ

Guest tommo123

OK, total newbie here.

trying to install this (did the clockwork thing via rom manager) but when trying to install this i get a 'signature verification failed' error

this is via (dont know the proper term for it), powering on while holding vol down. the zip the kitchen created was renamed update.zip

Guest Davey IJzermans
Tryed it along with a couple of other things, didn't help!

That's a bummer. If is was that easy... :lol:

Guest Smilgs

Hello Paul, a bug to report:

1) scp in /system/xbin does not have executable flag set

Thanks for the great work done

Edited by Smilgs

Guest nollie

Flashed without wipe, all is working fine on this end. Also the HiRes camera mod and Black status bar zips flashed successfully with reboots in between. Pinch to zoom in the browser working without issue.

Guest DomP

This solves the permanent sync icon problem. Thank you!

You removed one too many things when you baked your rom. I had exactly the same problem. I think it was friends stream or something like that. Others had the same issue. You will have to reflash I think.

Guest itachi46
How do I know if A2SD + is working properly???

check your rom if you have lots of apps installed and still lots of internal phone space then its working. (i have about 20 apps and 110mb free )

Guest MistaJae

Hi All,

Has anyone managed to get wireless tether working on r3.1???

It app starts with no errors and my MacBook Pro can see the network (AndroidTether), but it never actually connects. Access Control doesn't show anything connected.

Sorry if this has already been solved as I have searched for an answer with no luck.

Guest HugoQueiriga

Anyone notice with this rom, that music skips with the default player, not tried another player yet.

It randomly occurs with music, memory card is class 6 with 12MB+ read, will try and replicate this later.

Guest MistaJae
This is what I did extracted from the dev thread.

Download:

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/1496809/fw_bcm4329.bin

1) Mount your sdcard

2) Create a directory named "android.tether" (without quotes)

3) Open this directory and copy fw_bcm4329.bin into it. (downloaded file)

4) Uninstall old versions of "wireless tether"

5) Install the latest 2.0.2-pre release of WiFi Tether from: http://code.google.com/p/android-wifi-tether/downloads/list

Enjoy WiFi tether as it should be!

Amusingly I failed to impress a fellow iPhone user when my wireless tethering displayed the same symptoms - they could all see and kind of connect but after that, nothing.

EDIT: Seems this has already been solved: http://android.modaco.com/content-page/307...desire/page/40/

Worked for me!

I followed the instructions by Reefster (from the link provided by spammyspam) and now my MacBook Pro is connecting!

Thanks guys!!!!

Guest RonnieFrowns

Hi Paul. Please can you help me! I have sat twith this HTC Desire for 2 days now and still don't have any luck with Apps2SD. I've followed the following instructions:

- Use this guide to make SD a gold card and root the phone:

http://android.modaco.com/content/htc-desi...o-1-21-support/

- Install ROM Manger from the market place:

- Load latest ClockworkMod Recovery from the menus

- Partition SD Card (Guide - http://androidforums.com/all-things-root-d...t-apps2sd.html)

- Copy recovery-clockwork-bravo.zip to SD Card, rename to update.zip and flash as you did the previous update.zip

- Flash r3.1-bravo-desire-modacocustomrom-withadditions-a2sd+-signed.zip

I partitioned the SD card using clockwork.

I've checked if Apps2SD was working with:

http://www.forceclose.com/questions/718/ho...s2sd-is-working

These entries did not show anything of SD card so I ran the following commands:

adb shell

(APPS TO SD)

cp -a /data/app /system/sd

rm -r /data/app

ln -s /system/sd/app /data/app

(APPS-PRIVATE TO SD)

cp -a /data/app-private /system/sd

rm -r /data/app-private

ln -s /system/sd/app-private /data/app-private

you can type in "adb shell reboot"after this if you do not want to move the dalvik-cache

(DALVIK-CACHE **OPTIONAL**)

cp -a /data/dalvik-cache /system/sd/dalvik-cache

rm -r /data/dalvik-cache

ln -s /system/sd/dalvik-cache /data/dalvik-cache

With cp -a /data/dalvik-cache /system/sd/dalvik-cache, it complained disk is full.

When I run ls -l /data I could see apps and private-apps correctly linked, but nor dalvik-cache. When I restart the phone and run ls -l /data again, the links to SD have been removed.

Ever since I ran the above commands, all my program icons show green androin and says application no longer on the device.

I would hate to reinstall all applications again.

I made a backup with ROM Manager and copied all contents of my SD card beforehand. Not sure if I need to restore or is it easy to correct?

If I get the phone back to the way it was with all apps back, I still have one major issue: With ClockWorkMod I cannot mount or format sd-ext

I've used ClockWorkMod 2014 to partition SD drive a 0 swap, 512 ext and rest Fat32 (4Gb card)

I heard it must be ext3 for apps2SD to work? How do I see what ext is on the SD card? How do I convert from Ext2 to ext3? Will I loose any data.

I have read so may forums, my head are spinning. Please could you help me.

Regards

Ronnie

Guest norm2002

Doesn't seem to be a way to search just in this thread so not sure if this has been asked. I paid for membership to enable me to use the online kitchen. I thought that was worth it partly because it said I would be entitled to the enhanced Titanium Backup. However, when I install the baked ROM, Titanium Backup shows up as the free version only. How do I get the enhanced version without paying again for it?

TIA

norm

Guest redroom
Anyone notice with this rom, that music skips with the default player, not tried another player yet.

It randomly occurs with music, memory card is class 6 with 12MB+ read, will try and replicate this later.

At one moment I also had this with my stock rom. Only had my Desire for a week. I think i formatted my SD card (no partitions on it at that time) and put everything back on it.

Since then I didn't have this problem anymore.