27/May r3.1 - MoDaCo Custom ROM for HTC Desire with Online Kitchen (2.1 / Eclair)

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest norm2002

Another question please. How do I get Earth back after installing the ROM? It doesn't show up in the Market as far as I can see.

TIA

norm

Guest redroom
Another question please. How do I get Earth back after installing the ROM? It doesn't show up in the Market as far as I can see.

TIA

norm

Search the apk on other sites, put it on your sd-card and install it again with an app like appsinstaller

Guest RonnieFrowns
Hi Paul. Please can you help me! I have sat twith this HTC Desire for 2 days now and still don't have any luck with Apps2SD. I've followed the following instructions:

- Use this guide to make SD a gold card and root the phone:

http://android.modaco.com/content/htc-desi...o-1-21-support/

- Install ROM Manger from the market place:

- Load latest ClockworkMod Recovery from the menus

- Partition SD Card (Guide - http://androidforums.com/all-things-root-d...t-apps2sd.html)

- Copy recovery-clockwork-bravo.zip to SD Card, rename to update.zip and flash as you did the previous update.zip

- Flash r3.1-bravo-desire-modacocustomrom-withadditions-a2sd+-signed.zip

I partitioned the SD card using clockwork.

I've checked if Apps2SD was working with:

http://www.forceclose.com/questions/718/ho...s2sd-is-working

These entries did not show anything of SD card so I ran the following commands:

adb shell

(APPS TO SD)

cp -a /data/app /system/sd

rm -r /data/app

ln -s /system/sd/app /data/app

(APPS-PRIVATE TO SD)

cp -a /data/app-private /system/sd

rm -r /data/app-private

ln -s /system/sd/app-private /data/app-private

you can type in "adb shell reboot"after this if you do not want to move the dalvik-cache

(DALVIK-CACHE **OPTIONAL**)

cp -a /data/dalvik-cache /system/sd/dalvik-cache

rm -r /data/dalvik-cache

ln -s /system/sd/dalvik-cache /data/dalvik-cache

With cp -a /data/dalvik-cache /system/sd/dalvik-cache, it complained disk is full.

When I run ls -l /data I could see apps and private-apps correctly linked, but nor dalvik-cache. When I restart the phone and run ls -l /data again, the links to SD have been removed.

Ever since I ran the above commands, all my program icons show green androin and says application no longer on the device.

I would hate to reinstall all applications again.

I made a backup with ROM Manager and copied all contents of my SD card beforehand. Not sure if I need to restore or is it easy to correct?

If I get the phone back to the way it was with all apps back, I still have one major issue: With ClockWorkMod I cannot mount or format sd-ext

I've used ClockWorkMod 2014 to partition SD drive a 0 swap, 512 ext and rest Fat32 (4Gb card)

I heard it must be ext3 for apps2SD to work? How do I see what ext is on the SD card? How do I convert from Ext2 to ext3? Will I loose any data.

I have read so may forums, my head are spinning. Please could you help me.

Regards

Ronnie

Hi

To be more to the point: I have successfully rooted my HTC desire and an app like shootme works just fine, but Apps2SD does not work. How can I partition and format my SD card using ADB commands on Windows XP to have ext3 and be compatible with Pail's ROM: r3.1-bravo-desire-modacocustomrom-withadditions-a2sd+-signed.zip?

Please, need some urgent help! Will be much appreciated!

Regards

Ronnie

Guest redroom
Hi

To be more to the point: I have successfully rooted my HTC desire and an app like shootme works just fine, but Apps2SD does not work. How can I partition and format my SD card using ADB commands on Windows XP to have ext3 and be compatible with Pail's ROM: r3.1-bravo-desire-modacocustomrom-withadditions-a2sd+-signed.zip?

Please, need some urgent help! Will be much appreciated!

Regards

Ronnie

Are you sure it does not work? You can by example install google earth. The size of the normal installation is around 23MB. But with apps2SD it is still 17MB or something like that. It still uses some memory.

When it's not that I would say install Rom Manager partition your sd card again with Rom Manager. This worked for me.

Guest RonnieFrowns
Are you sure it does not work? You can by example install google earth. The size of the normal installation is around 23MB. But with apps2SD it is still 17MB or something like that. It still uses some memory.

When it's not that I would say install Rom Manager partition your sd card again with Rom Manager. This worked for me.

Hi

Yes I am sure it does not work. What recovery did you use? ClockWorkMod 2.0.1.4 through ROM Manager? I heard that ClockWorkMod 2.0.1.4 can only make ext2 partition on SD and not ext3 partition that is required for r3.1-bravo-desire-modacocustomrom-withadditions-a2sd+-signed.

I've double checked it with adb shell ls -l /data and using Quick System Info. Apps2SD definitely not working.

How can I check whether my ext partition is ext2 or ext 3 and how can I convert ext2 - ext3. Another forum mentioned to use Paul's recovery. Where can I get this recovery for the HTC desire, or send me the location where I download any other recovery for the HTC Desire that can partition Ext3 please. Read about another recovery other than Paul's recovery, but cannot find the download for any of them.

I would really appreciate any help!

Regards

Reggie

Guest DomP
Hi

Yes I am sure it does not work. What recovery did you use? ClockWorkMod 2.0.1.4 through ROM Manager? I heard that ClockWorkMod 2.0.1.4 can only make ext2 partition on SD and not ext3 partition that is required for r3.1-bravo-desire-modacocustomrom-withadditions-a2sd+-signed.

I've double checked it with adb shell ls -l /data and using Quick System Info. Apps2SD definitely not working.

How can I check whether my ext partition is ext2 or ext 3 and how can I convert ext2 - ext3. Another forum mentioned to use Paul's recovery. Where can I get this recovery for the HTC desire, or send me the location where I download any other recovery for the HTC Desire that can partition Ext3 please. Read about another recovery other than Paul's recovery, but cannot find the download for any of them.

Regards

Reggie

Here you go. Unzip, reboot your phone holding volume down, select recovery from the menu, when you see the red triangle connect your phone to the pc cable, Run the script in the pushfiles folder (recovery-[your os]). from the recovery menu now on your phone, select partition menu. You will find everything you need in there, including the piece to convert from ext2 to ext3.

pushfiles.zip

Edited by DomP

Guest dancedreamfly
Doesn't seem to be a way to search just in this thread so not sure if this has been asked. I paid for membership to enable me to use the online kitchen. I thought that was worth it partly because it said I would be entitled to the enhanced Titanium Backup. However, when I install the baked ROM, Titanium Backup shows up as the free version only. How do I get the enhanced version without paying again for it?

TIA

norm

The enhanced version of Titanium is only free for MoDaCo Plus users, not Ad-Free.

Guest Koh KW
Hi

Regards

Reggie

I partitioned my sd card through ROM Manager, and it worked like a charm. Don't need to go down to the adb shell level.

But you must have flashed your device with Paul's ROM release that has a2sd component included.

Thanks.

Guest RevoWution

Android noob here.

With my limited knowledge, I managed to successfully root with "Paul's 14/Jun r6" mod. However, I can't for the life of me get Apps2SD to work with it. But more importantly, the software version is only v1.15, whereas I would prefer v1.21 (hence my desire to root this r3.1 mod).

My question is that if I root with "27/May r3.1 + Apps2SD+", should I go about partitioning my SD card BEFORE I root again, or am I able to partition it AFTER rooting?

Any help will be greatly appreciated!! :)

Guest dodolom

Hi Guys,

I baked myself a rom on the front page of this thread and all went fine, flashed it. I also added the Apps2SD+ but I have no idea if it is working or not. What is the best way to figure it out if things are going into the SD Card or not? The SD Card has to be partitioned, right? For that, I installed ROM Manager and I chose Partition SD Card and when I do that, it tells me that it will wipe off everything from my card and it does and then it re-starts the phone, how do I know what is going on after this step?

Some help would be really helpful.

Edited by dodolom

Guest Diggedy

ive had a read through this thread but cant seem to find what im looking for.

Is this ROM stable or is there a list of known bugs? Im itching to get my apps onto SD but I want a fully working phone at the same time

Guest endursa

i'm using mcr 3.1 rom on my desire, but i can't download widgets from htc within the widget selector, is there some fix that can be applied?

Guest rowanparker
ive had a read through this thread but cant seem to find what im looking for.

Is this ROM stable or is there a list of known bugs? Im itching to get my apps onto SD but I want a fully working phone at the same time

Yeah, stable as any stock rom I'd say.

Guest ronilse
i'm using mcr 3.1 rom on my desire, but i can't download widgets from htc within the widget selector, is there some fix that can be applied?

Hi,

I have the same problem here with the 3.1 rom.

Guest RonnieFrowns
Here you go. Unzip, reboot your phone holding volume down, select recovery from the menu, when you see the red triangle connect your phone to the pc cable, Run the script in the pushfiles folder (recovery-[your os]). from the recovery menu now on your phone, select partition menu. You will find everything you need in there, including the piece to convert from ext2 to ext3.

Thanks for the feedback. In the end a friend helped me to partition and format the memory card correctly for Modaco 3.1. I paste the commands here he used in Ubuntu, so users can use these in future or useDomP's download:

Commands in linux, how to partition your sdcard

$ sudo fdisk /dev/sdb #(sdb might vary, depending on how you hardware is configured for the sdcard)

p - print partitions (there should only be 1 – w95 FAT32)

d - delete partition

n - new (primary 1) partition, starting at default (4?), ending at 360 (maybe go to 358 or so)

p - print partitions again

n - new (primary 2) partition, 361, default end

p - print again

t - set the type of primary partition 1

b - FAT32

p - print again

w - write partition table

make 2nd partition ext3:

$ sudo mke2fs –t ext3 /dev/sdb2

Format partition 1 in windows again as FAT32

Regards

Ronnie

Guest MistaJae
I followed the instructions by Reefster (from the link provided by spammyspam) and now my MacBook Pro is connecting!

Thanks guys!!!!

I have wi-fi tether working perfectly but I have a different issue now:

I can't connect my phone to any wi-fi networks. It just says 'unable to scan for networks' when I turn on wi-fi. I'm not sure if this problem occured before or after doing the wi-fi tether fix (I didnt actually try to connect to a wi-fi network before).

It's not a huge problem as I rarely connect to wi-fi networks, but it's always nice to have the option!

Can anyone please help? (I have searched, but I can't find any relevant info)

Guest Rooksx

After installing the default rom, I can't turn off the keyboard vibrate. I've definitely unchecked the "Vibrate on keypress" option. No idea how to fix this.

Guest Careh

Hi all,

I just rooted my desire using the appropriate guide and applied a custom rom in the same manner. I rebooted my phone and get the following message, continuously, "Sorry! The application HTC sense (process com.htc.launcher) has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again."

When I FC the message just pops back up again, instantly.

Anyone got any suggestions... ?

Guest ApostoloZ

Hi,

I'm a new member and i have a question since I'm very new to all this.. I have a Desire with Greek language support. I'm i going to lose it if i upgrade with MoDaCo Custom ROM? Do i have to root it first in order to have this custom rom? Even though I'm Greek it's all Greek to me :angry:

A Q&A and step by step instruction link will be grandly appreciate it

Edited by ApostoloZ

Guest r5ingh

Questions for paul!

Sir, will this rom be updated or will you be moving to froyo based releases? I'd like to know if you will be releasing an update to work with the new froyo radio's? (I flashed the latest version but the rom suffers from auto reboot on camcorder and non functioning youtube)

I'd also like to know if the reported GPS issue's will be looked at in any potential future releases....

Edited by r5ingh

Guest Johnny Doe

I don't get it with the firmware version. In the features it says Based on the 1.21.xxx.x ROM series, but in the screenshots it says firmware 2.1-update 1. So which firmware is it then? 2.1 or 1.21? Or am I getting something completely wrong here? thanks

Guest r5ingh
I don't get it with the firmware version. In the features it says Based on the 1.21.xxx.x ROM series, but in the screenshots it says firmware 2.1-update 1. So which firmware is it then? 2.1 or 1.21? Or am I getting something completely wrong here? thanks

2.1 is the version of the android os that this rom is built on..

1.21.xxxx is the HTC ROM version that the MCR is built upon.

so I guess the answer is it's a 1.21.xxx. eclair (code name for 2.1) rom!! Hope that helps!