27/May r3.1 - MoDaCo Custom ROM for HTC Desire with Online Kitchen (2.1 / Eclair)

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest RODNiC

Guys.. quick question! :-)

Currently on MCR Froyo with Sense and updated the radio to the Froyo one aswell.

Now, if I had to go back to MCR 3.1... should I re-flash the radio as well??

Guest ZiCoN

To all of you with issues. Did you try wiping all?

This means "dalvik, cache, and system" Dalvik is important to wipe if you want to be sure.

Guest lescorpio

thanks Paul. Great work. The - r3.1 ROM with default MoDaCo additions works like a charm. But I have noticed that the browser does not support flash. How can I upgrade it?

Guest EricGolan

Well finaly made my r5 working again , it appears its not working with circle r4 battery addon

plus one thing there is , my anysoftkeyboard is working properly, for some reason i dont see it in the default option menu ,

is it anysoftkeyboard problem ?

thanks in advanced

Guest boosin

There must be some kind of bug in this r3.1

Theres an app called txtract, you can save sms and mms to csv and mail it. It works perfectly with r5 and the rooted stock rom, but with r3.1 no sms are listed.

Guest pcb007

Can someone help me please, have baked the rom and copied it to the root of the sd card but when i select flash zip from sd card i cant see the rom file in the list. If i select flash sd.update zip it cant find that file, can any one help please?

Guest audio2u

Quick question, guys.... I baked a ROM (which I absolutely love! Thanks, Paul!) but the one thing I don't see which I'm kind of confused about, is the option in the notifications bar to select 'charge only/htc sync/disk drive/usb tethering'.

Any ideas on why that's NOT there?

Thanks in advance for any info!

Guest kjesle

Im trying to install an custom ROM, but this is what I get:

-- Install from sdcard...

Finding update package...

Opening update package...

Verifying update package...

E:failed to open /sdcard/update.zip(no such file or directory)

E: signature verification failed

Installation aborted.

I also dont get the option "PERFORM A NANDROID BACKUP FROM THE MENU"

Is the radio safe to use on Orange? Unlike the previous one...

Cheers Paul.

I have no issues with radio on Orange Im using r2.4 at the mo and to be honest its runing much better than the original, about to check out this latest ver. will let you know

Guest darmwand
Anyone notice with this rom, that music skips with the default player, not tried another player yet.

It randomly occurs with music, memory card is class 6 with 12MB+ read, will try and replicate this later.

I'm also getting that. Never had any similar issues with the stock ROM...

Guest WhiT3Kr0w

Thanks for this rom :(

I have been using it for a month give or take and I am very satisfied. It's faster than the stock Rom and with A2SD+ is great.

My phone was bought from O2 and although it was unlocked it was a branded one.

I still have the O2 splash screen and this makes me believe that this rom did not "unbrand" my phone. Is this correct?

My question is regarding the new OTA updates. I guess I will not see an automatic update using this rom.

I've also searched for a way to take that horrible O2 splash screen from my phone but with no success. Is there a way of doing that?

Once again, many thanks for this great rom :(

i have to install something to enable the a2sd? or its enabled by default?

thanks!!!!

If you use the Rom with A2SD it will be enabled by default.

Edited by WhiT3Kr0w

Guest Asselberghs

Have the Kitchen been updated recently or was I just too much asleep when I baked my last rom?

Was the Nexus One Boot Animation an option from the beginning of this topic or at least when Kitchen became an option?

I tried to follow the guide elsewhere on how to get Nexus One bootscreen on the device but I coulden´t get it to work this time around. On the stock rom it did work. Is there something quick and neat I can do to get Nexus One bootscreen on my MoDaCo rom? (I´d prefer it with sound, it wasen´t there last time)

Or do I have to bake another image and reflash my device with Nexus One Bootscreen and sound selected?

Guest andrewsoong

Sorry if this is asked a lot but if I pay for the kitchen and then deselect everything HTC, does that mean it's just like vanilla froyo? Not just in terms of looks but will it be like no part of Sense is installed? And any issues, FCs, etc?

Am not a fan of Sense at all, you see.

Thanks.

Guest xTc is loVe
Sorry if this is asked a lot but if I pay for the kitchen and then deselect everything HTC, does that mean it's just like vanilla froyo? Not just in terms of looks but will it be like no part of Sense is installed? And any issues, FCs, etc?

Am not a fan of Sense at all, you see.

Thanks.

All that can be removed is in the Kitchen the Stuff that cause in FC´s u cant delete with the Kitchen ;-)

Guest rekekjeks
All that can be removed is in the Kitchen the Stuff that cause in FC´s u cant delete with the Kitchen ;-)

Could you rephrase that? =P

I'm wondering the same.

Also, please explain what FC means.

Edited by rekekjeks

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

anyone has experience with camcoder issues on this ROM (MoDaCo r5 pre-baked without addons)?

I found that the camcoder fully reset my phone, when starting video recording. It is affect only camcoder (video mode), not the camera (photo mode). The file format, encoder and resolution is irrelevant, the issue is general.

Thanks to advance,

Nusy

• 1 month later...
Guest sleeves_007

When installing this or another modaco desire rom I get this?

E: can't symlink /system/xbin/bb

E: failure at line 43

symlink /system/bin/su system:xbin/bb

Help, what does this mean?

SD Card partitioned in rom manager

Nexus one was running cyanogenmod 6 no problems and I can load that again with no problems.

Am I missing something, radio? SPL? SD Card EXT

HBOOT 0.33.0012

Radio 4.06.00.12.7

Relative newbie..

Edited by sleeves_007

• 3 weeks later...
Guest senis1

Hello.

Now my ROM is Leedroid_V2.1a (Android 2.2) and Radio 32.44.00.32U_5.09.05.30_2.

If I want to flash MCR r3.1 (Android 2.1), what is procedure? Most likely MCR r3.1 won't work with this radio. Must I at first flash another radio compatible with Android 2.1 and then MCR r3.1, or at first MCR r3.1 and then radio? What radio do you recommend for MCR r3.1?

Thank you.