27/May r3.1 - MoDaCo Custom ROM for HTC Desire with Online Kitchen (2.1 / Eclair)

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest waterc00l
Any progress on getting the stock 2.1 messaging app to work? Also would the stock 2.1 lockscreen be possible as an option. :P

did you try the ahmgsk mod? is a cyanogen modmod with n1 boot/lock + stock apps + fixed camera

Guest guitarfreak

Lol i pushed the dalvik update but it hasnt done nothing..

Did i do right right clicking and saving link as? im on mac, maybe it saved it wrong

Guest Golgo
Lol i pushed the dalvik update but it hasnt done nothing..

Did i do right right clicking and saving link as? im on mac, maybe it saved it wrong

I wouldn't advice anyone to try the dalvik-mod atm.

Messed up my device bad.

Thank god for nandroid! :P

Guest guitarfreak
I wouldn't advice anyone to try the dalvik-mod atm.

Messed up my device bad.

Thank god for nandroid! :P

Oh ok lol. Quite annoying i got the low storage in my status bar :D 17mb lol.. When i was on stock i had 80mb! Im sure Paul will sort it :P

Guest Tuborgmann
did you try the ahmgsk mod? is a cyanogen modmod with n1 boot/lock + stock apps + fixed camera

Yeah, thats what i am using right now, i like the stock 2.1 apps but the scrolling is much smoother in the desire rom. Trying to get the best of both worlds :P

Guest yazooo

Another couple of issues I have noticed since flashing

- Battery animation doesn't work when charging - there was one wasn't there before??!

- There is no clear button anymore when I goto the notifications

- I still have the sync icon in the taskbar at the top, don't know what is going on there.

Guest dreamdealer
Thanks again Paul :P

quick question though

I tried running a nandroid backup from the recovery menu (Nand + ext backup)

It ran for a minute or so, then popped up with the message:

Error : Run 'nandroid-mobile.sh' via adb!

being a complete linux/android noob, i'm wondering, should i go looking for this file online or.... ?

Give me a shout if you resolve this, I did some research and as i thought was a possible reason for this error, it said it, is possible that there is not enough space on your sdcard to perform the backup. So I took this advice backed up (copied to my windows) the contents of my fat 32 partition of my sdcard to my pc, formatted the fat 32 part of my sdcard rebooted into recovery did the nand+ext backup and still the same error, so in my case i can confirm space is not the problem.

Guest scotch whisky

Same problems here.

I have gone back to stock without Apps2SD. I can load more programs!

I would give it a few days for Paul to sort out the problems before using this kitchen.

Edited by scotch whisky

Guest U-Man

Ok....got it so far.

I couldn't see the SD card in Gparted because i put it in my adapter, didn't think of viewing it in the phone itself somehow.

So now i've created 2 partitions, the first one (from left) in the bar is fat32 but it's called /dev/sdc2....and was created as #2

The other i created as ext3 and is called /dev/sdc1....was created as #1

Is this correct? Do the numbers matter or is it the order (left to right in the graph) that matters?

sorry for all the noobishness, just trying to get it right :P

EDIT:

This is weird.

When i partition in recovery the whole card shows as "unallocated" in Gparted. If i then partition it in Gparted en restart my phone i get a "damaged SD card" wanring there and have to format it....after which it shows as "unallocated" in Gparted again!!

Any ideas?

Edited by U-Man

Guest Edzilla
Give me a shout if you resolve this, I did some research and as i thought was a possible reason for this error, it said it, is possible that there is not enough space on your sdcard to perform the backup. So I took this advice backed up (copied to my windows) the contents of my fat 32 partition of my sdcard to my pc, formatted the fat 32 part of my sdcard rebooted into recovery did the nand+ext backup and still the same error, so in my case i can confirm space is not the problem.

I get that error when I try to backup from the menu. If you then launch it from an adb shell, it says that it's because it cannot unmount the /system partition to remount it as RO.

What I did was run "nandroid-mobile.sh --backup" from an adb shell right after I went into recovery, without touching the menu.

Guest gregDT
Same problem here. dropbear is missing from custom roms. compared with prebuild rom that contains dropbear binary in system/xbin. Paul could you fix this please.

Ditto for me. Oddly I baked a custom ROM and like a plank I missed out A2SD. That one installed without issue. When I rebaked it with the A2SD (and the Amazon MP3 app) it fell over at th

E: can't chown/mod /system/xbin/dropbear

(No such file or directory)

E: Failure at line 357:

set-perm 0 0 04s77 STSTEM:xbin/dropbear

Installation aborted

Going back to the first sans A2SD bake and I'm up and running again with no problem. I did notice that dropbear is indeed missing from the second bake but not the first.

Edited by gregDT

Guest StuMcBill

Is there any benefit to using the updated radio? Does it improve battery life at all?

Is there anything else that I can remove and / or enable to improve battery life at all?

Will I be able to use setCPU to underclock the CPU after rooting and installing this ROM?

Also, will there be any way to install an undervolted kernel at a later date?

Stu

Guest dreamdealer
I get that error when I try to backup from the menu. If you then launch it from an adb shell, it says that it's because it cannot unmount the /system partition to remount it as RO.

What I did was run "nandroid-mobile.sh --backup" from an adb shell right after I went into recovery, without touching the menu.

what you suggested works ok, until you issue the -e or --ext command after -b or --backup command then get an error message "unable to mount the ext partition" but this is may be due to the fact I am using adb in windows and not Linux hence windows not been able to read ext partitions will try again on Linux at some point . unless i am missing something in the fact that --backup also backs up your ext partition if that's the case then cool, and thanks for your reply.

Guest zw4mp

Anyone else have the problem where everything works perfect on first boot, but after a reboot everything just crashes? acore, sense, lockscreen etc.

All I do on first boot is go through the setup wizard.

Guest Edzilla
what you suggested works ok, until you issue the -e or --ext command after -b or --backup command then get an error message "unable to mount the ext partition" but this is may be due to the fact I am using adb in windows and not Linux hence windows not been able to read ext partitions will try again on Linux at some point . unless i am missing something in the fact that --backup also backs up your ext partition if that's the case then cool, and thanks for your reply.

Yeah, I don't backup the ext partition.

It has nothing to do with the fact that you are on windows, it's the phone that cannot mount the ext partition, not windows.

Guest Rogem
1. Added missing dropbear files/directories to custom rom from prebuild rom.

2. Re-signed custom rom.

3. Flashed successfully!

(4) quietly brilliant bootscreen is now quiet^^

Can you write an How To? I really want to get my kitchen build running tonight.

## Edit ##

Any news on if the dropbear file in the bake?

Edited by Rogem

Guest Emmepi
i can't flash the custom rom made with online kitchen :P

Deleting files...

E:Can't chown/mod /system/xbin/dropbear

(no such file or directory)

E:Failure at line 357

set_perm 0 0 04755 SYSTEM:xbin/dropbear

Installation aborted

Same error for me, when baking a light one...

And available memory still around 94Mb...

Pff...

Guest Daisy Fetherweight

Now downloading from kitchen with 1 MegaByte/second !

I assume the new server is online :P

Guest TSpark
Now downloading from kitchen with 1 MegaByte/second !

I assume the new server is online :P

No, no one likes to cook a rom at 8am :D

The new server is still not online.

Edited by TSpark

Guest martijnd

I did like the TUT, but i'm getting this:

E:can't chownmod /system/xbin/dropbear (no such file or directory)

E:Failure at line 357;

set_perm 0 0 04/755 SYSTEM:xbin/dropbear

Any ideas on solving this issue?

Guest Paul

This custom ROM is now being served by our new server 'Delia'. Feedback on download speed would be greatly appreciated! :P

P