27/May r3.1 - MoDaCo Custom ROM for HTC Desire with Online Kitchen (2.1 / Eclair)

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest jdouce

as for the class 4... seriously how many ppl actually even know what class there sd is :P

+ class 4 is pretty rare and class 6 is down right EXPENSIVE

16gb class 6 is 80£

16gb class 2 is 25£ sandisk

looks like the market doesnt like having cache in dalvik cache

Edited by jdouce

Guest gregDT
have rebootet 10times and market ist still there and functional

Hmmmmmm very odd cause I noticed on reboot my Market had vanished as well? I did the fix and got App Brain installed but that just kept FC. So I've decided to re-install my first custom bake without A2SD. That's a rock solid bake and I really can live without apps on my SD card for now. If the rumours about 2.2 are true and it will have built in support for A2SD then this all seems a bit of trouble for nothing :P

Guest toellby
Sure you have not deselected the sync option in the kitchen? this was the solution for me. fresh baked rom with activated sync and all went fine.

Yes, that seems to be the Prolem.

Next ROM I'll bake will be without A2SD (although it seems to work, but I'll try Darktremor A2SD), Maps, Wavesecure but with HTC Sync...

Guest kie777
no goldcard reqd to get to recover

turn on holding vol down

go to recover

screen goes balck with red triangle

run

./recovery-linux.sh in a terminal in tinycore

hi, jdouce,first of all thanks for your reply, i tried your method but found an error as attached, what did i do wrong? my step was (turn device off,turn back on with holding volume down,plug it to my mac,assign it for the VM, then go to the recovery,got the black page with the red triangle and type the command)

post-694787-1273356229_thumb.png

Guest gregDT

I've had a thought. The first time I installed MoDaCo + the XDA A2SD I did it as two completely separate actions i.e. I installed MoDaCo r1 and ran it for a day and then upgraded with the A2SD app from XDA. It seemed to work without a problem and I had full access to the Market and its icon, I think over multiple boots, although I cannot be sure if I actually rebooted yesterday?

For long and complex reasons I re did the ROM and the XDA A2SD just now but did it as a combined process i.e. wipe, install ROM, format SD card, USB- MS and upload the zip. Install A2SD and reboot. This time the market was not there?

Can others confirm if they just added XDA's A2SD to an existing ROM or if they, like me flashed the ROM and installed A2SD in one hit? Might have made a difference?

Guest Kyaqueroph

@kie777

I am new to all these and also had the same doubts at some point. Thanks to posts in the rooting thread and some testing, I now get into recovery mode simply through my mac (using current r4 rooting guide):

1) Download the required files in the rooting guide and unzip it to a folder

2) Open a terminal and navigate to the unzipped folder

3) Connect device to mac

4) Turn off device and turn it back on holding vol down

5) When red triangle shows up, type in the terminal

./step2-mac.sh

Takes a while but it should take you to recovery mode... If anyone see anything wrong (or potentially wrong), please point it out as I am still at a learning stage myself...

Guest aslocum

i have installed the kitchen with a2sd yesterday. installed my old milestone apps through titanium and some updates and new ones from the market. today i just "upgraded" to the xda a2sd version. dont have any problems for a few hours (and i restarted 10 times because i have pushed some things through adb and recovery)

Guest androiduser1

I'm trying to install/flash this latest ROM, however, it gets as far as copying files and then suddenly aborts the installation. What am I missing here? I've been flashing ROMs for a while now and I've been doing it the same way as the previous Alpha ROMs... I will take any suggestions...

Guest gregDT
I've had a thought. The first time I installed MoDaCo + the XDA A2SD I did it as two completely separate actions i.e. I installed MoDaCo r1 and ran it for a day and then upgraded with the A2SD app from XDA. It seemed to work without a problem and I had full access to the Market and its icon, I think over multiple boots, although I cannot be sure if I actually rebooted yesterday?

For long and complex reasons I re did the ROM and the XDA A2SD just now but did it as a combined process i.e. wipe, install ROM, format SD card, USB- MS and upload the zip. Install A2SD and reboot. This time the market was not there?

Can others confirm if they just added XDA's A2SD to an existing ROM or if they, like me flashed the ROM and installed A2SD in one hit? Might have made a difference?

nope still borked :P

Guest lanxton
Takes a while but it should take you to recovery mode... If anyone see anything wrong (or potentially wrong), please point it out as I am still at a learning stage myself...

1. Your device should now be off. Unplug the device from your computer.

2. Turn it on again while holding down the 'volume down' button this time. The screen will look similar to before, but will say 'HBOOT' instead of 'FASTBOOT'.

3. Use the volume buttons and the power button to select the 'RECOVERY' option. You should then see a screen with a red triangle - at this point, plug it into your computer.

4. Run 'recovery-*.sh' from console. (select appropriate one for your OS)

Guest Kyaqueroph

Yes, thanks for pointing that out... It ran through in my mind but some how I missed the navigating into the recovery menu from HBOOT part between my step 4 and 5... Thats how the red triangle shows up...

Guest edwinbe

Hi, same here: Custom r1 with XDA A2SD which looked running smooth. This morning the Market disappeared. Not sure if I rebooted yesterday. A reboot this moning didn't help. Could Titanium Backup have to do with it?

Guest ascito
Hi, same here: Custom r1 with XDA A2SD which looked running smooth. This morning the Market disappeared. Not sure if I rebooted yesterday. A reboot this moning didn't help. Could Titanium Backup have to do with it?

I haven't it installed, and I have the same problem. Manook temporary solution worked for me. BTW XDA A2SD. has.been upgraded to beta 6.

Guest nahham

Hello,

Can we get Arabic support in the kitchen for the Desire? That would be great I noticed the Nexus One port has it but the Desire ROM doesn't.

Thanks..

Guest snowpepsi

Market disappears on reboot and turns into com.vending.market (or so) on the program list. Launching this oddly named entry causes a FC on sense launcher.

Steps that only temporarily resolve:

Uninstalled market (using adb shell pm uninstall), delete config from /data/data/com.vending*, deleted entries in dalvik-cache.

Steps that get the market back for 1 reboot:

The above post reboot, or a titanium backup restore.

Also the Market started force closing when actually downloading a new app until a titanium backup restore.

odd..

edit: more info, rooted using r1 method, did full wipe of the data/cache/dalvik cache before applying flash. using a2sd v2.7 beta 5 (chka2sd and some manual checkingworking ok)

Edited by snowpepsi

Guest NiTroZiK
Market disappears on reboot and turns into com.vending.market (or so) on the program list. Launching this oddly named entry causes a FC on sense launcher.

Steps that only temporarily resolve:

Uninstalled market (using adb shell pm uninstall), delete config from /data/data/com.vending*, deleted entries in dalvik-cache.

Steps that get the market back for 1 reboot:

The above post reboot, or a titanium backup restore.

Also the Market started force closing when actually downloading something also until a titanium backup restore.

odd..

Also disappear other application (randomly) every time i restart my phone...

Guest mohdkh
Requirements

In order to use this ROM on your device, you must be rooted and be able to launch the custom recovery image using the supplied scripts in the root package. You can read more about how to root and launch the CRI on your device in this topic.

can u pleas cheek the link for Requirements ??

whan i click it its seams to me take me to news page

am i wrong ??

thenx u

Guest ascito
Also disappear other application (randomly) every time i restart my phone...

Can someone verify if it is a ROM issue or it is related to XDA A2SD?

Guest Pyr0x64
Can someone verify if it is a ROM issue or it is related to XDA A2SD?

seems to be related to the xda a2sd for me

i had a working r1 rooted install with a2sd, but couldn't resist messing

i made a rom and flashed it with the intention of running the xda version of a2sd

after installing a2sd the market was broken

unfortunately for me, after flashing back to the standard r1, i can no longer get a2sd working any more and end up stuck in "quietly brilliant" bootloops, lol *shrug*

have no idea what i've done differently

Edited by Pyr0x64

Guest NiTroZiK
seems to be related to the xda a2sd for me

i had a working r1 rooted install with a2sd, but couldn't resist messing

i made a rom and flashed it with the intention of running the xda version of a2sd

after installing a2sd the market was broken

unfortunately for me, after flashing back to the standard r1, i can no longer get a2sd working any more and end up stuck in "quietly brilliant" bootloops, lol *shrug*

have no idea what i've done differently

i have never installed the XDA a2sd but i have the same problem...

for the "quietly brilliant" bootloops do a full wipe and reistall rootupdate.zip.

Guest Pyr0x64

i can stop the bootloops by disabling a2sd in the adb shell (remove, nocache, noswap) and doing a wipe/factory reset brings back the market

but i still have no working ap2sd again yet

i've tried clearing the sd card by repartitioning (since wiping it in recovery doesn't actually seem to work/do anything)

but still no joy yet

Edited by Pyr0x64

Guest Bart1981

Nice one, as we speak installing a custom kitchen rom. Hope everything goes well.

I partitioned the sd card. So hopefully it will also automaticly install the requested A2SD.

We'll see. Right now it's saying Writing radio image (for some time now....) No idea how long this should take.....

Guest NiTroZiK

Still no working as2sd procedure for me...In any solution tryed if i install some applications after the restart, disapper all.....

Tested first paul's package with rootupdate.zip installed and Dont' work

Tested XDA package (fresh) with rootupdate installed and after with paul's kitcken rom but in both cases Don't work

Tested paul's rom with app2sd,Don't work

Tested PaulW21781's modified version with and withoud DK feature in both rootupdate.zip and paul's rom cases but still don't work...

So..now ..i think i'll use rootupdate.zip without Ap2sd or kitcken rom.... :P

Edited by NiTroZiK

Guest Bart1981

Any idea how long it takes to write the radio image? Because now it takes allready more then 5 minutes....

But not shure if I should kill this process or not........ :S

Guest radshag

Hey all.

I am having a similar issue to others here.

Whenever I restart my phone I get a "Process android.process.acore is not responding" popup. If I click wait everything works fine.... Until I reboot the phone.

I am using the A2SD included in the kitchen of this post.

I am wondering if this could be because some app is trying to access information in the cache which is now stored on the sd card. I noticed that the sd card takes some time to load at startup.

Does anyone else of this issue. Better yet a solution or at least direction to start debugging this....

Thanks,

Radshag