27/May r3.1 - MoDaCo Custom ROM for HTC Desire with Online Kitchen (2.1 / Eclair)

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest jfran
Hi all,

Just arrived on this forum a couple of days ago.

I installed the custom rom. But after a few days I decided I didn't like Wavesecure.

Searched and tried many things. It does not uninstall.

Any suggesttions?

Go into recovery mode and uninstall?

Love the rest of the rom by the way. But I do not want to reintall all of my apps for the moment.

The easiest way to remove wavesecure would be to bake a new MCR without wavesecure and flash it!

Guest zoltar99

Baked a custom ROM yesterday, installed it but it seems that the apps I chose to leave out are still in the ROM, and others I wanted to be included are not there. I am baking a new ROM and will reinstall but was wondering if anyone else had the same problem. Although I chose to leave WaveSecure out, it is still there, another zip file I uploaded is nowhere to be found, Spare Parts and Titanium Backup are also not in the ROM.

Edit: seems to have worked better the second time, installed apps I selected, however the hosts file I uploaded was put in the wrong place. I created a /etc folder in which i put the hosts file, which i then zipped and uploaded into the custom ROM. The hosts file has gone straight into the sdcard root instead. I thought i did it the right way, but it didn't work. I tried copying the file to /etc/hosts using Root Explorer but I always get the message: There was not enough free disk space to complete the paste operation.

If I edit the hosts file manually, the phone will soft reset and all the changes will be lost.

Edited by zoltar99

Guest blackhorse
Done a rather schoolboy error! :)

Flashed r2 and ticked the radio update (after reading another thread the radio update is not reccomeneded for Orange)

Now i get silly network locked message

Which of the generic roms include the radio i need?

Or even better still is there an update file with previous radio version

So save the messing around ive just had the phone sim unlocked which has sorted my issue.

I guess it will add resale value in the future!

Guest StuMcBill

OK, having a little problem.

When I connect my Desire to my PC, it no longer gives me the option to select what USB connection type to select, I have included the HTC Sync option in my Kitchen (r2), and I have "Ask Me" selected in "Connect To PC" in options. If I manually select "Disk Drive" in Options, it doesn't show in Windows or Ubuntu.

ADB still lists the phone when I run "ADB devices".

It worked yesterday, and I have no idea why it wouldn't work now.

OK, I have just rebooted my phone, and it now works?

Any ideas why this would be? Anyone else experienced this?

Edit - It only seems to happen once I have started my phone and I have stopped the calendar services?

It doesn't work after I restart the calendar until I reboot the phone?

Edit 2 - Its Obexservice that causes it not to show the screen, and I read that Obexservice is one of the rouge services that cause your battery to drain excessively, hence why I was stopping it.

Edited by StuMcBill

Guest Emmepi
@ Paul..

When do you think you will be able to completly root the Desire read/write access every where)

Same question here ! :)

Guest Edzilla
Edit 2 - Its Obexservice that causes it not to show the screen, and I read that Obexservice is one of the rouge services that cause your battery to drain excessively, hence why I was stopping it.

Which goes to show that you shouldn't believe everything you're told... A phone like a desire is perfectly capable of managing its own memory and processes, and blindly killing tasks is stupid, and doesn't help at all...

There is a reason people like Cyanogen don't accept bug report when made with a phone using a taskiller...

Guest fatwolf

Hi Paul

Any chance there's going to be a rom out that has a kernel/bluetooth library that includes bluetooth DUN support.

Given how cross compiled and common the library is for bluetooth to support the DUN profile i am guessing it was left out of the OS deliberately.

I am not finding much detail and was curious if you had seen anything around the place.

Guest toellby

I don't know if it is an Issue, but the Sync-Symbol in the Task-Bar won't go away.

There is no difference if Sync is enabled/disabled using the Energy-Bar-Widget or check/uncheck the Sync-Settings for Exchange, Google and Weather.

Anybody else got this Issue?

Is it really syncing all the time? Will it use Battery? Is there only the Symbol showing up?

Guest ourfear
Has anyone noticed any issues when charging? Since flashing mine will stop charging at ~90%. If I unplug it, and plug it back in again, it'll carry on charging until full.

Would it be worth clearing the battery info/stats in recovery?

I have the same problem.... help plz

Guest Ediso_On27
OK, having a little problem.

When I connect my Desire to my PC, it no longer gives me the option to select what USB connection type to select, I have included the HTC Sync option in my Kitchen (r2), and I have "Ask Me" selected in "Connect To PC" in options. If I manually select "Disk Drive" in Options, it doesn't show in Windows or Ubuntu.

ADB still lists the phone when I run "ADB devices".

It worked yesterday, and I have no idea why it wouldn't work now.

OK, I have just rebooted my phone, and it now works?

Any ideas why this would be? Anyone else experienced this?

Edit - It only seems to happen once I have started my phone and I have stopped the calendar services?

It doesn't work after I restart the calendar until I reboot the phone?

I have similar problem but, i cant get it to work. When i connect to PC, phone is charging but windows dont detect nothing.

I also baked rom with Sync.

Any ideas what can i do to get to phone storage ?

thanks

Guest ascito
Has anyone noticed any issues when charging? Since flashing mine will stop charging at ~90%. If I unplug it, and plug it back in again, it'll carry on charging until full.

Would it be worth clearing the battery info/stats in recovery?

The same here...Now I downgraded radio to save battery, and this morning I hadn't the problem.

Guest Jamsi

Boy, that was easy!! ...nerve wracking but easy :).

Just applied the MCD with A2SD+ on my Desire and 16gb sd-card.......and everything went OK.

A big thanks to Paul for his fantastic work, and also to all the folks here who share their knowledge to help everyone!!

Terrific forum!

Guest aslocum
I created a /etc folder in which i put the hosts file, which i then zipped and uploaded into the custom ROM. The hosts file has gone straight into the sdcard root instead. I thought i did it the right way, but it didn't work. I tried copying the file to /etc/hosts using Root Explorer but I always get the message: There was not enough free disk space to complete the paste operation.

If I edit the hosts file manually, the phone will soft reset and all the changes will be lost.

next time put your hosts into /system/etc

/etc is just a symlink and is maybe not present at flashing time

to change it now go into recovery (the one from step 2 in the rooting process) fire up a second terminal, adb shell mount /system and then adb push hosts /system/etc

Edited by aslocum

Guest Graffen

Just completed the rooting and installing the MCR with app2sd+ and everything is working as expected. Got full GPS/Wifi/USB connectivity and battery charges to 100%. Now to see how much juice this custom rom eats :)

Guest Gnuel

Paul you are doing great stuff... you have my respect!! I am a newbie and the Desire is my first Android phone.

I have baked some roms and did some testing, all seems to work very well!!

Unfortunately it seems with the custom roms I cant get HTC Battery seem to work anymore.

Does anyone has this same issue ?

Guest bbawden

Great ROM.

I've got an odd problem, that also occurred on my old Hero. The HTC weather widget always seems to show "no weather data available".

It only applies to the current location, manually added locations do show weather. Odd.

Does anyone know how to fix it?

Guest Pyr0x64

R2 still running well here :)

Is there any chance of adding a deodex option to the kitchen please Paul ?

Why does this come with Launcher2.apk without an option? ;)

i believe the launcher2 is present so that removal of sense is possible for those who don't like it

with sense installed, you can still just install home switcher from the market to still be able to use launcher2

Guest ejstans

Got R2 loaded so far so good. But the Home button doesn't seem to work, the screen just blinks but doesn't go back to the home screen.

Has anyone else experienced this? or know how to solve it.

Guest Bokaj

If I have flash one custom rom(Thanks for that) with app2sd+ and i want to flash another custom rom with app2sd+, would there be a problem with that?

Guest EddyOS

Have a small issue. I baked an MCR ROm and flashed it but it didn't flash the radio even though I ticked the box to include it in the ROM. Is there a way of getting the radio to update?

Guest Golgo

So what does it actually mean that the ROM is now unified with Nexus ROMS?

I mean besides the quicker delivery of new versions, are there any other advantages?

Guest Paul

The main advantage is the quicker delivery of ROMs (saves me a ton of work), and easier Desire ports to Nexus.

I plan to do the reverse too, my next Nexus One MCR (without Sense) will also be unified with a Desire version.

P