Daskalos 6.5.5 ROM build 23568 (Full)

Guest daskalos

Guest jero1ste

@Daskalos, i donated a small amount for you good work.

And a dutch 6.5.5 ROM, that would be great :-)

Edited by jero1ste

Guest carlsberg

Hello , nice roms u make !

But i have a prob , my wireless wont start all the time , it just starts sometimes :S

U know a solution or why that is ?

TIA

Guest dgacorp

Since someone asks for a dutch build, I'm supposing that this rom is english-language-only, right? If I try to set Italian Language?

(sorry for my terrible english, but i'm... italian :P )

Guest inside24

Thanks Daskalos .I use 6.5.5 ROM build 23566 and if 23568 more faster I will change to try it .Downloading now.

Guest bcmiko

Ok guys, I am officially helpless. I spent the whole 3 days trying to flash the ideal ROM from MEGALite series, both full and lite, versions 23566 and 23568.

I always ended up with phone unable to wake up from sleep. I did not install any Samsung SDK. Also, I was trying to disable WM Slide Lock, pressing wake up

button for a long time, none of these helped, my phone just does not wake up :P

I tried 2 different eboot versions, 2 different phone version.

I really like the ROMs, but I am just not able to use it. I don't know, what should I try or which eboot/phone/csc to use.

Guest daskalos
Ok guys, I am officially helpless. I spent the whole 3 days trying to flash the ideal ROM from MEGALite series, both full and lite, versions 23566 and 23568.

I always ended up with phone unable to wake up from sleep. I did not install any Samsung SDK. Also, I was trying to disable WM Slide Lock, pressing wake up

button for a long time, none of these helped, my phone just does not wake up :P

I tried 2 different eboot versions, 2 different phone version.

I really like the ROMs, but I am just not able to use it. I don't know, what should I try or which eboot/phone/csc to use.

Well I use

csc: B7610NXTCIL3

phone: B7610XXIK1

But I hope your lock key is not busted...does your device doesn't wake up every time it goes to sleep?

With device awake,can you try pressing and holding the lock key (don't let go, just press and hold), just check if it will activate the lock of your phone, and report it here

Edited by daskalos

Guest dgacorp
Well I use

But I hope your lock key is not busted...does your device doesn't wake up every time it goes to sleep?

With device awake,can you try pressing and holding the lock key (don't let go, just press and hold), just check if it will activate the lock of your phone, and report it here

Hi Daskalos, where I can find this csc and phone part? How to flash it with octans? I had an Omnia i900, and i got B7610 last week... I have no experience yet

Guest viktoroprivatus
Hello , nice roms u make !

But i have a prob , my wireless wont start all the time , it just starts sometimes :S

U know a solution or why that is ?

TIA

For me the same. You press wifi button, and nothing happens. But restart helps for one next time:)

Guest cappuccina

Hi

I also had a lot of issues in the beginning. Although I turned off the lockscreen it would freeze. But now after some use und using s2u2 it seems really ok, response is good and also when i press the button long it turns on again without problems. I guess the only problem is still right after a softreset.

Which is annoying some how because sometimes I turn my phone on and enter the pin code and just leave it, when I come back I have to softreset again. :P

Wfi is also the same with me, sometimes wifi just 'disappears' you can press it and wait wait wait. Nothing. Sometimes after softreset it comes back, sometimes I reset the router and it works. but sometimes this does not work either. Then you just have to wait till it comes back! :D

All in all I'm ok with this rom!

Guest bcmiko
Well I use

Thanks for the info. I tried holding the lock key, device activated lock, so I guess it is not faulty.

Meanwhile, I was browsing through every thread for your every older released rom, reply by reply :P and I found someone was having the same problem in the ROM (23549) in which it did not happen to anyone, he had installed wrong version of .net (he stated, .net from SDK 2). Problem was gone by reinstalling with another version. So I tried this method and it did not help.

Then I decided to try older ROM, so I tried your 23549. I am quite surprised as it seems that it is not suffering from this wake problem.

So maybe there is really something in newer ROMs (or especially in the new WM builds) that in rare occasions cause this kind of problem, but this is only a speculation :D

I'll report when I found or think of something that could cause such a behaviour. But I'm sure It would already happen if there were the same problem with the 23549.

By the way my

csc: B7610NXEUIL4

phone: B7610XXIL1

and now running MEGALite 23549

Guest gmortena

does this work with myphone:

PDA: B7610NXXIK3

CSC: B7610NXEEIK3

PHONE: B7610XXIK1

?

Edited by gmortena

Guest Sumit Bhardwaj

Hi Daskalos,

Buddy, if you remember, I discussed my problem with you before. I am using your modified JC2 ROM and the memory problems are gone in comparison to the original JC2 ROM. But since my country hasn't got the WM 6.5 update yet, I am using the 6.1 CSC which is giving me troubles.

1. Samsung Today and WidgetPLus weren't working (solved).

2. Themes are not being applied properly.

3. Caller information screen that comes on an incoming call is being displayed garbled.

Now I know some of the changes that my WM 6.1 CSC does on first boot. So for the first problem, It copies 3 dlls related to WidgetPlus and Samsung today that break them on the original JC2 ROM, so all one need to do is to delete those 3 files from Windows Folder using resco explorer. The JC2 ROM contains updated copies of these files so after re enabling the Today plugins, the today plugins start to work again.

But the other two major problems I am facing are still there. When I apply any theme other than Samsung's Black, my top and bottom bars (bars with start menu and softkeys) dont appear flat, instead they are oval, extruded, round whatever you call them. It ruins the look of whole theme. Plus, If i change the wallpaper, it get changed for homescreen and start menu, but lockscreen looses its wallpaper and appears cyan colored (like the Windows Default theme in WM 6.1). Something is messing up with themes registry settings i Guess.

Secondly, When a call comes, the caller ID screen appears garbled. I know, in WM 6.1, samsung has customized this screen to show the extra options to send message and disconnect the call, and I think these changes are being applied using CSC. This functionality somehow doesn't work in WM 6.5.

Now I have searched for any DLL file being copied to Windows Folder, but found none. So I think it has something to do with the registry. But without looking at the CSC, I dont know what is being changed. :D

And ya, all these things happen on a freshly, hard resetted phone with absolutely no 3rd party apps installed.

Can you help me with this?

Thanks in advance :P

Edited by Sumit Bhardwaj

Guest daskalos
Hi Daskalos,

Buddy, if you remember, I discussed my problem with you before. I am using your modified JC2 ROM and the memory problems are gone in comparison to the original JC2 ROM. But since my country hasn't got the WM 6.5 update yet, I am using the 6.1 CSC which is giving me troubles.

1. Samsung Today and WidgetPLus weren't working (solved).

2. Themes are not being applied properly.

3. Caller information screen that comes on an incoming call is being displayed garbled.

Now I know some of the changes that my WM 6.1 CSC does on first boot. So for the first problem, It copies 3 dlls related to WidgetPlus and Samsung today that break them on the original JC2 ROM, so all one need to do is to delete those 3 files from Windows Folder using resco explorer. The JC2 ROM contains updated copies of these files so after re enabling the Today plugins, the today plugins start to work again.

But the other two major problems I am facing are still there. When I apply any theme other than Samsung's Black, my top and bottom bars (bars with start menu and softkeys) dont appear flat, instead they are oval, extruded, round whatever you call them. It ruins the look of whole theme. Plus, If i change the wallpaper, it get changed for homescreen and start menu, but lockscreen looses its wallpaper and appears cyan colored (like the Windows Default theme in WM 6.1). Something is messing up with themes registry settings i Guess.

Secondly, When a call comes, the caller ID screen appears garbled. I know, in WM 6.1, samsung has customized this screen to show the extra options to send message and disconnect the call, and I think these changes are being applied using CSC. This functionality somehow doesn't work in WM 6.5.

Now I have searched for any DLL file being copied to Windows Folder, but found none. So I think it has something to do with the registry. But without looking at the CSC, I dont know what is being changed. :D

And ya, all these things happen on a freshly, hard resetted phone with absolutely no 3rd party apps installed.

Can you help me with this?

Thanks in advance :P

The only thing I can recommend if to find back up files of your CSC, so that you can try other 6.5 CSC... or try other Official 6.5 upgrade....

I haven't really explore CSCs, eboot etc, so I can't really pinpoint what's making the issues....

Guest gosiunia1

Hi Daskalos.

I was tryin' Your 23568 megalite as well as full version but unfortunately both versions are making troubles with any versions of Samsung SDK (no matter if it's 2.1/2.2 std or pro). After the installation the device freezes completely always when the screen turns off. Can You do anything with that? I can't say anything about the rom becauses it freezes every time. Please help...

Guest daskalos
Hi Daskalos.

I was tryin' Your 23568 megalite as well as full version but unfortunately both versions are making troubles with any versions of Samsung SDK (no matter if it's 2.1/2.2 std or pro). After the installation the device freezes completely always when the screen turns off. Can You do anything with that? I can't say anything about the rom becauses it freezes every time. Please help...

Maybe this build is not compatible with the sdk

Guest darthveda

@sumit, I am using the CSC "B7610NXEUIL4". Set the language as English UK and everything should work fine. the CSC is present in the official JC2 rom thread.

Guest Sumit Bhardwaj

@darthveda: Thanks. So you mean flashing the eboot that comes with JC2 rom is safe?

As for the CSC, Can you please let me know from where I can download this CSC??

Apart from that, I just found the tool to dump the CSC file from phone! Dumped the CSC, and extracted all the files. Now examining what could be causing the issues. If i can find out, i may not need to flash the CSC as i can remove the affecting files/registry entries after first boot sequence is complete. This way I will be able to keep my existing CSC :P

BTW, the CSC is uploaded in this thread, if someone wants to take a look :

http://www.modaco.com/content/b7610-omnia-...sc-b7610inuij3/

Edited by Sumit Bhardwaj

Guest bcmiko
So what I ask is which SDK is compatible with this build?

I think there are no other SDKs left :D :P I mean apart from those which do not support B7610. I suppose only SDK 2.1 and SDK 2.2 support B7610, but maybe I'm wrong

Guest gosiunia1
I think there are no other SDKs left :D :P I mean apart from those which do not support B7610. I suppose only SDK 2.1 and SDK 2.2 support B7610, but maybe I'm wrong

Yes I know. I've got as well a 2.1 and 2.2 std which is dedicated for b7610 and was working perfect in all other roms (for example 23549). But in this rom I can't install any Samsung SDK. Every version makes my device completely unusable. If I don't install SDK I won't have autorotation and many other abilities...