MCR 4.0 ROM Its Way!

Guest Fleming

Guest klutsh

Well the official European HTC Hero 2.1 update is due to hit starting in June, and thats only 3 weeks away, or as some would say, soon.

Guest cezent
Well the official European HTC Hero 2.1 update is due to hit starting in June, and thats only 3 weeks away, or as some would say, soon.

Dec2009 was only 3 weeks away back in Nov2009, yet we are still on Android 1.5

Guest klutsh

Yes, but this time, N1, Desire etc will get 2.2 as we get 2.1, meaning they can still get people to buy newer devices, as the Hero sadly will not be getting Flash 10.1 etc.

Guest ikamatos
I suspect that the Droid Eris 2.1 OTA due very soon maybe behind this.

I got this yeaterday, from HTC.

Kindly be informed that HTC will be providing a free update to Éclair for European HTC Hero variants. Starting in June, anyone owning an HTC Hero will receive an initial preparatory update, shortly followed by the full Éclair update. For the full update, we would recommend using a free Wi-Fi hotspot or an unlimited data plan, otherwise standard data charges may apply, please note that we apologize for the inconvenience, however it will require some time to update Sense for this new version of the Android OS. Please be patient while we work to provide you with a tightly integrated experience like the one you are already enjoying on your Hero. Please note that the information above is confirmed for HTC branded devices not network branded ones if your handset is network branded, kindly contact the network operator for further information.

Guest jonathanmusto
Yes, but this time, N1, Desire etc will get 2.2 as we get 2.1, meaning they can still get people to buy newer devices, as the Hero sadly will not be getting Flash 10.1 etc.

If the Desire gets 2.2 with Sense sometime soon i'll be buying one straight away... 4.5x faster!

I really hope there will be a official 2.1 soon... Like next month. Then I'm looking forward for a new, speedy MCR. I switched to Villain for 2.1s sake, but it's so terribly laggy compared to MCR.

I bet 2.1 will not be out before end of July ^^ Go, HTC, amaze me.

Guest RoskaL

im thinkn bout getting a desire for 2.2 seeing as the performance increase is 450% going by benchmarks, but if htc cant sort out 2.2 quickly think i might just get a nexus one

Guest 1immortal

i think that there's some bug with the linpack software for the android , there is no way that the preformance increase will be that high .

Guest sik_gerar
Looks like that's the end of it now that Paul is all excited over the Desire's kernel being released :)

guess that he will wait a bit if teknologism is working on it, maybe a teknologist kernel for desire, then mcr on top of it.

Guest ikamatos

Instead of complaining about the lack of Modaco ROMs why not fill the support email of the brands? Always talk about how disappointed you are - in terms of customer satisfaction - as this rings some alarms in companies.

There's always a survey, after the question to the support has been answered from HTC, which is the right spot to show them how pleased you're with them.

Just my humble opinion.

Edited by ikamatos

Guest RoskaL
i think that there's some bug with the linpack software for the android , there is no way that the preformance increase will be that high .

no its true, something to do with the fragmentation has been fuly optimized/ fixed or whatever, i did alot of reading into it lol and seems to all make sense how it was being explained. it basically a full overhaul of android and fast as fooook so no reason why it cant be made for hero only things like flash 10.1 or whatever the hero isnt powerful enough for but the os itself wuld run sweeet

Guest zorm
no its true, something to do with the fragmentation has been fuly optimized/ fixed or whatever, i did alot of reading into it lol and seems to all make sense how it was being explained. it basically a full overhaul of android and fast as fooook so no reason why it cant be made for hero only things like flash 10.1 or whatever the hero isnt powerful enough for but the os itself wuld run sweeet

The speed increase in linpack is down to 2.2 including JIT within the Dalvik Virtual Machine. This will result in significant speed increases to most aspects of Android which are implemented in Java. That includes most apps, but note that much of the core plus the likes of Flash, which are already implemented in native code, will obviously not benefit from this.

Guest sik_gerar
For long time, i dont see Mr Paul on HTC Hero forum ?

he is around, just waiting till the new 2.1 for hero is released. ive seen him around desire this last few days.

Guest XStylus
he is around, just waiting till the new 2.1 for hero is released.

I don't think that wait will be too much longer now. There's a new leak of the 2.1 ROM out. Some sprint reps in the comment threads are calling it the official final ROM, but we'll see.

http://www.androidcentral.com/sprint-htc-h...software-leaked

Edited by XStylus

Guest Mansn
I'm around... :)

P

You're such a tease Paul. I'm dying for a 2.1 update on my Hero. I love my phone so much I even gave it a name. I call it Henry.

When will Henry be faster and smarter Paul?