Pulse Eclair ROM thread

Guest BigBearMDC

Guest dodge-167
To get wifi working you'll need to create a symbolic link from /system/etc/wifi to /data/cust/wifi

Reboot into recovery mode then:-

adb shell

mount -o rw /dev/block/mtdblock1 /system

ln -s /data/cust/wifi /system/etc/wifi

reboot

I dont understand this...

• Replies 441
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Azurren

Didn't take long before I ran back to 1.5 :P

With the constant crashing and lack of a task killer (google navigation filled it up) it was painful.

I sure hope that this release was one that was originally sent back by tmobile all those months ago, then we could be looking forward to a non buggy one :P

If a little more work was put into this rom it could have been great (not by bobo/paul) like resizing the live wallpapers and other subtle changes just to give it a quality finnish.

Still really nice to get a preview if 2.1 do thanks!!! :D

(Oh and this mini ?rant? Was in no way directed at paul and bobo :P)

(just telling it like it is. Don't expect a bed of roses(

Guest Richard_Arkless
I dont understand this...

I think you plug it into the pc go into the bluescreen version of the recovery mode then type those commands in a command prompt, make sure you have adb installed

Guest marcox1987

Wifi not working! :P

Why?

I think you plug it into the pc go into the bluescreen version of the recovery mode then type those commands in a command prompt, make sure you have adb installed

Guest Richard_Arkless
Wifi not working! :P

Why?

Mcspoon said to fix wifi you would need to type in these commands in a command prompt

adb shell

reboot

while in the recovery screen which I guess is the bluescreen (hold volume down and the red button)

make sure you have the adb drivers installed

I havent tested it yet

What is ADB???

ADB is the driver that allows developers access to the phone through the pc so they can potentially, replace system apps, do loads of things

we need the adb drivers to type these commands. the drivers should be on the tmobile cd that we had with the pulse if I am correct

Edited by Richard_Arkless

Guest ernadko

I`m pretty new, i have downloaded amon-ra, run into blue screen and patched phone with install-recovery-windows.exe app, so what next i have to do ? :$ sorry for noob question

Guest davos1
What is ADB???

ADB is the Android Debugging Bridge. You can download ADB here.

Then, copy and paste this:

adb shell

reboot

pause

And save it to run.bat. Copy run.bat and paste it to where you extracted the android SDK /tools.

Run it and hope for the best :P

Guest Blake Loring

Splitting /data/app_s and /system/app up evenly and symlinking gives me 40mb of free space with a fresh install. Just a indication of what we're gohna get once paul cleans this rom (I Also ripped language packs)

Guest davos1
Mind the messy screen, haha!

That is awesome. I'll guess I have to give this a go.

Edited by davos1

Guest Richard_Arkless
ADB is the Android Debugging Bridge. You can download ADB here.

Then, copy and paste this:

adb shell

reboot

pause

And save it to run.bat. Copy run.bat and paste it to where you extracted the android SDK /tools.

Run it and hope for the best :P

for some reason its saying device not found, and its definitely in the bluescreen recovery mode

will someone be releasing a newer version of this rom with a few bugs fixed very soon, paul for example

Guest davos1
for some reason its saying device not found, and its definitely in the bluescreen recovery mode

You're meant to put it to recovery mode. You can do this by turning on the phone while holding menu and the red button.

Guest Rem1x

Install PC Suite, install the drivers included.

Guest xarxiusxiii

Wow, I came home from a drama exam to this! :D

Good work guys, I've tried it out, and it's very promising, but I'm going to roll back and wait until Paul can sort out apps2sd, and perhaps even odex the ROM...

It was a lot smoother than I expected, still quite glitchy (I had the phone reboot on me once whilst browsing the market, sometimes the ROM would freeze and the home process / canvas would crash).

Also, vibration didn't work, but I got WiFi working by doing what McSpoon said a couple of pages back.

I tried installing HelixLauncher2 (just for fun :P) and found that it ran, and the menu animated quite smoothly, although it looked completely wrong (icons in wrong places, text cut off badly and pixelated, fading animation at top and bottom of menu wasn't there). I'm not sure whether that's a problem in the app itself or if its something to do with 3D / OpenGL rendering in the ROM.

Overall I was impressed, and I'm thankful to BigBear and Paul for this, just can't wait to see it with apps2sd, so I can really try it out fully (it ran out of space after updating Google Maps...)

Guest Richard_Arkless
Install PC Suite, install the drivers included.

lol im running windows 7 64bit and last time I checked I was having problems where it had ! by the side of them in device manager, I got ubuntu, will that be better to use

Guest giryan
lol im running windows 7 64bit and last time I checked I was having problems where it had ! by the side of them in device manager, I got ubuntu, will that be better to use

you need to update the drivers and then find the, they're in the directory that you installed the pc suite into, for some reason it doesn't auto install them on W7

Guest Richard_Arkless
you need to update the drivers and then find the, they're in the directory that you installed the pc suite into, for some reason it doesn't auto install them on W7

yep thats after I located the drivers under program files (x86) pc suite then browsed there and it found a few but the rest were because they were an incompatible architecture

god I hate windows

Guest Mike-Mike-Mike

Trying to install but I get:

'E: Can't chown/mod /data/dropbear/.shh

(no such file or directory)

E:Faliure at line 366:

set_perm 0 0 0700 DATA:dropbear/.ssh

Installation aborted'

help please :P

Guest andymac007
Trying to install but I get:

'E: Can't chown/mod /data/dropbear/.shh

(no such file or directory)

E:Faliure at line 366:

set_perm 0 0 0700 DATA:dropbear/.ssh

Installation aborted'

help please :P

Wipe and then try to install again.

Guest Richard_Arkless
I'm on Win7 64bit, I used the drivers in the Vista_amd64 driver. They're the right ones.

thats the one which I selected

I just tried in ubuntu, the linux version of adb and same error device not found