Pulse Eclair ROM thread

Guest BigBearMDC

• Replies 441
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest ernadko

ppls i have big problem now :S, first i had: E:

Can't chown/mod /system/xbin (no such file or directory)

E: failure at line 10:

set_perm_recursive 0 2000 0755 0

755 SYSTEM:xbin

then i did wipe and flashed rom succesfully but now it is restarting on boot screen, i dont have december update maybe because of that?

Guest tux880

anyone notice how the icons at the bottom dont correspond to there pic? i asked b4 no one got back, is this just me or everyone?

can it be fixed?

cheers guys

Guest McSpoon
anyone notice how the icons at the bottom dont correspond to there pic? i asked b4 no one got back, is this just me or everyone?

I've noticed that happens if using the phone without a sim.

I think it automatically changes some of the pre-installed applications and settings depending on which country your T-Mobile sim belongs to. Perhaps that fails if you don't use a T-Mobile sim? or maybe something else is causing it?

Guest Stevos

Looks great, many thanks to Bigbear and Paul :P

I'm having a bit of trouble, in that it's not rooted (so no quickboot), and my adb doesn't work, as the driver with the vista android SDK doesn't recognise the device. I've tried pointing to the files to reinstall it, but it keeps telling me it could not find driver software.

Anyone got any suggestions?

Guest marcox1987

not vibrating: incoming call, sms, touch the screen......

Vibration does seem to be broke, but on the upside the improved camera can scan 1D barcodes now.

Guest Stevos
Looks great, many thanks to Bigbear and Paul :P

I'm having a bit of trouble, in that it's not rooted (so no quickboot), and my adb doesn't work, as the driver with the vista android SDK doesn't recognise the device. I've tried pointing to the files to reinstall it, but it keeps telling me it could not find driver software.

Anyone got any suggestions?

It works as a USB mass storage device, but won't recognise as an android device for use with adb etc.

Booting into recovery mode by holding down red and volume down whilst powering on gives a blue screen saying Fastboot v0.5, and then a machine ID and build date. The serial number is listed as "Unknown". The blue screen remains and there's no obvious way to get it to do anything. I can reboot only by removing the battery.

Slightly concerned I may not have a way to restore 1.5 now... Unless I'm being stupid?

Guest dadme
Unfortunately, the best keyboard ever (HTC_IME) keeps force-closing :P

You should try Smartkeyboard. Is way better then HTC ime.

Guest Stevos
It works as a USB mass storage device, but won't recognise as an android device for use with adb etc.

Booting into recovery mode by holding down red and volume down whilst powering on gives a blue screen saying Fastboot v0.5, and then a machine ID and build date. The serial number is listed as "Unknown". The blue screen remains and there's no obvious way to get it to do anything. I can reboot only by removing the battery.

Slightly concerned I may not have a way to restore 1.5 now... Unless I'm being stupid?

Ah slightly less worried now, but still being stupid. I have found the recovery mode (menu and red) which offers reflashing options, which I was mixing up with the other recovery mode for use with adb (red and vol down).

Trying to reflash one of the old stock ROMs gives an error at line 3, and reflashing the 1.7 MCR appears to work, but then leads to a permanent reboot cycle between the t mobile and android logos.

Remembering something from the depths of one of the threads somewhere, I did a factory wipe and reflashed the 1.7. but no luck so far.

I'm trying to remember if I need to re setup the SD card partitions and format it, but at least I seem to be able to flash stuff, and have an idea of something else to try.

agh this will teach me to mess with this stuff in the middle of the night after a long day...

Guest Josh04

Moving dalvik-cache onto the SD partition can be done without messing with boot.img, for a boot cycle, and leaves enough free space to make the ROM usable. I've installed Google Goggles and Swype.

Guest shisan
Mcspoon said to fix wifi you would need to type in these commands in a command prompt

adb shell

mount -o rw /dev/block/mtdblock1 /system

ln -s /data/cust/wifi /system/etc/wifi

reboot

while in the recovery screen which I guess is the bluescreen (hold volume down and the red button)

make sure you have the adb drivers installed

I havent tested it yet

ADB is the driver that allows developers access to the phone through the pc so they can potentially, replace system apps, do loads of things

we need the adb drivers to type these commands. the drivers should be on the tmobile cd that we had with the pulse if I am correct

See this

post-641761-1273631768_thumb.jpg

i can't find the driver with t-mobile cd

but if the 1.5 rom on my pulse

the driver can be found

so

adb shell

error : device not found

what can i do?