15/May r6.1 - BigBearMDC and Paul's Pulse 2.1 ROM

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest Richard_Arkless
The kernel only supports ext2 so the problem is moot for now.

ok thanks

im flashing r4 now, will I also be having problems or is it just a random occurrence

Edited by Paul

Guest speedme
If you're using r4, you also need to wipe your ext partition or it'll s*** itself.

I thought of that and so I also wiped the ext partition. I even repaired my ext partition and then wiped it...

But still it hangs on Android logo

Guest Stevos
I thought of that and so I also wiped the ext partition. I even repaired my ext partition and then wiped it...

Try booting with the SD card removed - I get the same problem with my SD card installed, but without it I can boot.

Does anyone know what SD card partitioning and formatting is needed to get this to work properly? evidently some people have correct formatting and some don't.

Guest Richard_Arkless

im on r4 now and it boots fine

Guest Swift_gti
Thanks, but I don't know anything that could help me.

I think dd does not work through adb.

The only way I could image to get everything working again is applying the dec update, but this fails because the version strin gof the device is not in the upgradeable versions list of the dec update.

I also tried to edit this upgradeable versions list with the effect, that the updated failed, because of on read error (I guess because there are checksums which didn't match after I modified the file).

How about the other way round, can you edit the string on the actual device to replicate a 'pre december' device - ie. on your current system so that the upgrade thinks you are actually running the older version?

Or, do the nandroid restore, then try to apply the Dec update ?

I'm not sure where the device string is located though, but I intend to do some reading this afternoon and figure out if we can get you going again :)

Guest BigBearMDC
How about the other way round, can you edit the string on the actual device to replicate a 'pre december' device - ie. on your current system so that the upgrade thinks you are actually running the older version?

Or, do the nandroid restore, then try to apply the Dec update ?

I'm not sure where the device string is located though, but I intend to do some reading this afternoon and figure out if we can get you going again :)

Yap I tried that too.

Through editing the system image directly with a HEX editor -> flash error (checksum I guess).

Through repacking the system image -> repacking worked, but phone freezed at the T-Mobile screen (suspend_state_wakeup I think).

Installing the MCR and flash the dec update from there was the first thing I tried, but I got the same error...

Maybe the version string is somewhere in the fastboot image?

If that's the case, I will never be able to return to the dec update I think...

PS: thanks for your assistance ;)

Edited by BigBearMDC

Guest MRond

Ey guys,

I have this morning a few questions asked and bigbear replied!!!

Last question. i'm little noob sorry:).

I have to wipe my system :) but in my recovery there are more options wich one have i to wipe ?? or all ??

Sorry for bad english.

Tanks

Guest robertopero
Ey guys,

I have to wipe my system :) but in my recovery there are more options wich one have i to wipe ?? or all ??

Sorry for bad english.

Tanks

Yeah, wipe it all.

Guest Sh4d0w940

The build.prop from r4 still has r3 as display.

ro.build.display.id=BigBearMDC and Paul's Pulse 2.1 ROM r3

Not that it bothers me, it's in one word GREAT :) to have 2.1 before the T-mob release (if they would release it).

Guest BigBearMDC
Ey guys,

I have to wipe my system ;) but in my recovery there are more options wich one have i to wipe ?? or all ??

Sorry for bad english.

Tanks

I think you should just wipe everything, except battery and rotation stats :)

Guest BigBearMDC
The build.prop from r4 still has r3 as display.

Not that it bothers me, it's in one word GREAT :) to have 2.1 before the T-mob release (if they would release it).

I feel really honoured that my name is in the display id ;)

Guest PacX
Try booting with the SD card removed - I get the same problem with my SD card installed, but without it I can boot.

Does anyone know what SD card partitioning and formatting is needed to get this to work properly? evidently some people have correct formatting and some don't.

booting without the sd card works, thanks

Guest starkos

Sounds like what happened to me when I was using my original ext 3/4 partition, which is incompatable

If you want to use A2SD then u need fat32 & ext2 partitions. If like me u just need to change the ext partition to 2, Tom G posted how a couple pages back (http://android.modaco.com/index.php?s=&showtopic=308392&view=findpost&p=1270704). If you don't mind re-formatting the whole sdcard, then just partition it using recovery menu: swap file=0, ext2=whatever you want (300-500mb), & the rest fat32

Edited by starkos

Guest Josh04
Maybe the version string is somewhere in the fastboot image?

If that's the case, I will never be able to return to the dec update I think...

This is probably the case, tbh. OTOH, the december update was installable over itself, so I see no reason the new update won't be installable over the beta.

Guest BigBearMDC
This is probably the case, tbh. OTOH, the december update was installable over itself, so I see no reason the new update won't be installable over the beta.

Yeah but I'm pretty sure that the version string will change from the beta to the final release =/

Edited by BigBearMDC

Guest speedme

Ok, for everyone who are stuck in the Android logo :

Go into Recovery mode and repartition your SD card.

After that repair your ext2 partition and wipe it.

This solved my issue :)

Guest BigBearMDC
The update maintains a list of updates it can 'update from', hopefully yours will be in there!

P

I know.

I tried to edit this list, but that didn't work.

I also hope it will be in this list.

Guest Csöpi
I know.

I tried to edit this list, but that didn't work.

I also hope it will be in this list.

Heve you tried this?

November 2009: T-Mobile Pulse software

This software update should be used ONLY when your T-Mobile Pulse has been security locked and you do not have a valid password.

If you right-click on your mouse here and select the "Save target as.." option - it should take about 2 minutes to download depending on your internet connection speed.

PLEASE NOTE: Installing this update will remove all existing data on your T-Mobile Pulse.

Guest Richard_Arkless

would it be possible to hide the camera controls after a certain time and show when tapped or maybe set the background of the border to transparent so we still see the buttons