15/May r6.1 - BigBearMDC and Paul's Pulse 2.1 ROM

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest rss2k
I thought of that and so I also wiped the ext partition. I even repaired my ext partition and then wiped it...

But still it hangs on Android logo

I had he same, I needed to convert the filesystem to EXT2, but it seems really slow.

I cannot install Google Maps (I get an error), IGO8 and Copilot seem to have problems

with this ROM, I think it's because of low memory.

Guest giryan
The update maintains a list of updates it can 'update from', hopefully yours will be in there!

P

Yeah, I think there's hope for you BB, it would make sense for Hauwei to upgrade phones from beta to the release version, I doubt they'd just bin them, and adding the beta to the list in the final update would be the easiest way to do it.

Guest BigBearMDC
Yeah, I think there's hope for you BB, it would make sense for Hauwei to upgrade phones from beta to the release version, I doubt they'd just bin them, and adding the beta to the list in the final update would be the easiest way to do it.

I guess that means I'll have to wait for the official update ...

Guest mr.a
Ok, for everyone who are stuck in the Android logo :

Go into Recovery mode and repartition your SD card.

After that repair your ext2 partition and wipe it.

This solved my issue :)

Thanx. After so many attempts i got tired and then you came up with the solution! ;) :D :(

Guest MarcusHenrique
And what's up with the vibrate? Is anybody know how can i solve it?

Just tested @ r4 and it's working..

Have you enabled it in settings?

Guest Swift_gti
I guess that means I'll have to wait for the official update ...

I have just been doing some searching and it would appear that dd is in busybox for android.

If we can figure out where the touchscreen firmware lives and it's read / writeable then I will try and get you an image of the one my device.

Guest BigBearMDC
I have just been doing some searching and it would appear that dd is in busybox for android.

If we can figure out where the touchscreen firmware lives and it's read / writeable then I will try and get you an image of the one my device.

Thanks alot!

:)

Guest MarcusHenrique

Just tested Armaggedon Squadron (Nice 3d game), worked great as it did on 1.5.

IGO is working allright, a bit laggy, but ok.

Gonna try copilot now.

Guest starkos
Just tested @ r4 and it's working..

Have you enabled it in settings?

Strange, I'm on r4 and vibration definitely isn't working for me neither & I've turned it on in every option

Guest rss2k
Just tested Armaggedon Squadron (Nice 3d game), worked great as it did on 1.5.

IGO is working allright, a bit laggy, but ok.

Gonna try copilot now.

You use as2d? And an ext2 partition? I have a class2 8GB card. Maybe only now the

speed of the card becomes apparent?

Guest MarcusHenrique
You use as2d? And an ext2 partition? I have a class2 8GB card. Maybe only now the

speed of the card becomes apparent?

With a2sd, ext2 and 2GB pqi microsd that came with the U8220, don't know which class it is..

BTW, removing sd card while phone's on crashes it =P

Edited by MarcusHenrique

Guest jonathonf

For those who are interested:

When you connect to your Google account it automatically sets up Web History. This tracks every web site you visit and uploads this to the Google servers (so you can search your history, for example). This is a feature, not a bug, but I disabled it from the phone settings (under Search IIRC) and deleted web history from my Google account afterwards.

Guest dodge-167
How long is the initial boot meant to take. Because I have been on the Android screen for 5 minutes.

WIPE or move the SD card....

Guest dadme
Yeah but I'm pretty sure that the version string will change from the beta to the final release =/

Did you tryed nandroid backup of MCR1.7?

If u doesen't have one i think we cold upload one.

Guest BigBearMDC
Did you tryed nandroid backup of MCR1.7?

If u doesen't have one i think we cold upload one.

Yap already tried that, not even wiping and reinstalling everything worked =/

Guest Stevos
How long is the initial boot meant to take. Because I have been on the Android screen for 5 minutes.

Make sure you have wiped the phone before doing the update, and also you may need to repartition your SD card for it to boot correctly. This was the problem I had, and it solved it (make sure you keep your nandroid and rom images and backups safe though - I just used another spare SD card to be on the safe side.)

Is it possible to get these FAq / problem issues added to the first post? a lot of people seem to be having the same problems.

Also, is there any good info on how to get 2.1 to talk to the windows (vista) adb / driver? it keeps showing up as unsupported hardware. Someone suggested a possibility of editing the device string in the driver somewhere, but I don't know if this is a good / safe solution, and what implications it will have if any

Guest mr.a

Is it just me or is there no Google maps in r4?

EDIT: And also when i go to settings and check the build number it says r3 even though i have installed r4 just now.

Edited by mr.a

Guest Evil Disco Guy

Going to install the R4 build now.

This morning I was nearly late for work thanks to a "process com.google.acore" and keyboard (Latin I think for some reason) hang which stopped the alarm working after being put into snooze. Woke up twenty minutes before I should have been at work, quickest shower I ever had. Still had the initial buggy release from last night installed.