15/May r6.1 - BigBearMDC and Paul's Pulse 2.1 ROM

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest eckengucker1

did anyone tried the trick to repair the sd and fix the apps with recovery-mod, make a backup, reboot and recover the backup? It was working with the 1.7 MoDaCo-build in that way...

Edited by eckengucker1

Guest jmmL
Thinking about whether to 'kitchen' this ROM or whether to wait for a new leak... thoughts?

P

How long does it take to put together a kitchen usually?

I'd like one if it's relatively hassle-free to make. Otherwise I guess I can wait a week :)

I would probably only use a kitchen to remove RoadSync and add the wifi status indicator.

Does anyone else have the "Prefer 3G networks" option still? Mine's disappeared - and I tried the usual trick of putting a T-Mobile SIM in, which did not work.

Guest sreeramu

Hi Friends,

How much time did it take for first boot ......?

Because My installation is hanged in T Mobile screen for past 10 min....

Edited by sreeramu

Guest fenixorg

Just tried google goggles and the application works great. I didnt find it on the market maybe because Pulse its not marked as compatible.

Now I only have to figure it out how to use voice command, its supposed to be on android 2.1 but I cannot make it work.

I saw some guys saying that you need to hold the green button to open it but it doesnt work.

Do you know how to use it and do you now if there's a text to speech Portuguese version?

Guest tikker
What worked for me was:

boot into recovery, partition SD card (0 swap, 512 ext2, remainder FAT)

add the update to the fat partition on the card (either with a card reader, or via the USB connection after booting)

reboot to recovery, wipe to factory settings, then flash the update zip and reboot.

The acore stuff is not connected to the SD thing as far as I can tell. I think it's to do with running out of memory / resources or somesuch. Someone said that by cutting down on the virtual desktop sizes and number of icons they eliminated it, but I don't know if that's a proper solution.

Thank you for the reply...

however... somehow now market has vanished from my pulse...

Guest Sh4d0w940
Just tested @ r4 and it's working..

Have you enabled it in settings?

That's weird, i'm using r4 too and vibrate is not working.

I've wiped everything using the recovery.

Vibrate is enabled in settings and apps that would vibrate on 1.5 also won't vibrate now.

Does anyone know a solution for this?

Guest sreeramu
Hi Friends,

Pls Some one Help....

Guest eckengucker1
That's weird, i'm using r4 too and vibrate is not working.

I've wiped everything using the recovery.

Vibrate is enabled in settings and apps that would vibrate on 1.5 also won't vibrate now.

Does anyone know a solution for this?

wiped cash?

Guest Sh4d0w940
wiped cash?

Yes, i've wiped data/factory reset, Dalvik-cache, SD:ext partition, battery stats and rotate settings.

That's all the options from the recovery image.

I will make an nand backup now with 2.1 installed and try to wipe everything again after that.

Guest david_dawkins
Hi Friends,

Earlier in the thread someone said the SD card needing reformatting (?) in response to a similar question about boot time. Don't ask me about the specifics, you'll need to scan back through the posts, but it was a only a few pages back.

Guest rss2k
Yes, i've wiped data/factory reset, Dalvik-cache, SD:ext partition, battery stats and rotate settings.

That's all the options from the recovery image.

I will make an nand backup now with 2.1 installed and try to wipe everything again after that.

Did you convert EXT partition to EXT2?

Edited by rss2k

Guest Stevos
Thank you for the reply...

however... somehow now market has vanished from my pulse...

Hmm, I had that happen with one attempt I did, but I think that was when my SD partition was using ext3 not ext2, and I inserted the card after booting the device (which also seems to be a no-no at the moment)

All I can suggest is making sure your partitions are right (ideally freshly formatted), and wiping all the data using the recovery menu to wipe to factory state. Obviously always make sure your backups are safe.

With these various ROMs, radio ROMs, backup systems, data partitions, internal and external phone memory, it's not always clear what needs to be wiped and what flashed, nor what the tools do in detail. I'm digging around for more information on how this all works as I know too little about it.