15/May r6.1 - BigBearMDC and Paul's Pulse 2.1 ROM

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest Lord_Shaithis
You've had it for less than 24hrs :)

I'd be able to tell in 24hours......I'm lucky if my battery lasts a day!

Guest Evil Disco Guy

R4 installed.

- Bluetooth works fine, paired with computer (iMac) and sent files with no troubles

- Vibrate not working for me either

- I wiped, installed update and then partitioned the SD to: Swap = None, EXT2 = 512MB and the rest FAT32. Booted up fine, installing apps fine (although slightly slower funnily) and overall it feels far more stable

I also seem to have two versions of Android Keyboard installed (one with no options if you choose it in settings) alongside TouchPal (which feels far slower). I wonder if this is why I keep getting "Application Android keyboard (in process com.android.inputmethod.latin) is not responding".

Guest flip360

i hope that we have the dalvik-cache in the proper place for the MCR release :)

Edited by flip360

Guest robertopero

F*ck! The boot is stop for the android logo. But unforunately i deleted my nandroid backup. So I can't restore it. So I think I need to flash it again. But the ROM's zip file isn't in my sd card and I haven't got any other device to copy to it. How can I solve this problem? Is any way to copy to the SD card without booting?

Guest Sh4d0w940
F*ck! The boot is stop for the android logo. But unforunately i deleted my nandroid backup. So I can't restore it. So I think I need to flash it again. But the ROM's zip file isn't in my sd card and I haven't got any other device to copy to it. How can I solve this problem? Is any way to copy to the SD card without booting?

You can enable the usb from recovery

*edit* Is it supposed to work WITHOUT battery?

I upgraded my ext2 to ext4 and its stuck on boot now, but when i remove the battery it stays on.

When i unplug usb it turns off (obviously) but when i reconnect i can use the phone without battery :S

Edited by Sh4d0w940

Guest Csöpi

I go now back to MCR 1.7 its to slow for me and to much FC.:S

I hope later we will have a faster better port of 2.1 android.

I was so exited, but I cant use it that way:(

EDIT: But i loved the fetures, like voice recognition and live wallpapers. Im so disappointed now:()

Edited by Csöpi

Guest Bigsy

Can anyone tell me if you still need to do a ext repair if you restart the phone?

you always had to on MCR 1.7 otherwise apps wouldn't install.

Guest eckengucker1
Can anyone tell me if you still need to do a ext repair if you restart the phone?

you always had to on MCR 1.7 otherwise apps wouldn't install.

works without it. but if it occurs: repair ext and apps, make a backup, reboot and recover the backup you made. worked in that way on 1.7

Guest Rem1x

Get Root Exploer. Lets you delete loads of crap that comes with the phone, other languages, top apps, roadsync, wisepilot etc.

Guest Sh4d0w940
Get Root Exploer. Lets you delete loads of crap that comes with the phone, other languages, top apps, roadsync, wisepilot etc.

+1, it also worked great on MCR 1.7

Guest HunteronX

Thanks so much Paul and Bobo - Android 2.1 is great!

The annoying thing is that I was given a new phone for my birthday, which was an Xperia X10 - I appreciate it a lot - but it doesn't seem to be hackable, and so it seems like it will be stuck on 1.6 until Q4, whereas the Pulse is already on 2.1...

Guest Daniel Williamson

Hi is this the same as droid explorer ??

Dan

Guest robertopero
+1, it also worked great on MCR 1.7

When I start the Root Explorer it is stop with "SU Request" sign and a black window.

Guest Mast0r

Hi,

New on this forum! Installed vanilla 1.5 today and just browsing the forum a bit.... an saw this 2.1 ! installed it right now, looks very nice!

Just the good day to register myself on the forum :)

Keep up the good work.

Guest Sh4d0w940
When I start the Root Explorer it is stop with "SU Request" sign and a black window.

Did you disable usb debugging in settings?

If so, you need to enable it or SU won't work properly.