15/May r6.1 - BigBearMDC and Paul's Pulse 2.1 ROM

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest Bice
When I start the Root Explorer it is stop with "SU Request" sign and a black window.

Turn on the USB Debugging at Applications/Development. :)

*Edit: Sh4d0w940 was quicker. ;)

Edited by Bice

Guest cbate027

I keep getting constant restarts so I want to restore my nandroid image of cupcake.

I can't get to recovery mode though, everytime I choose recovery in Quick Boot it just shows a blank screen with 'SU Request' at the top.

Help!

Guest bobbarnes
I keep getting constant restarts so I want to restore my nandroid image of cupcake.

I can't get to recovery mode though, everytime I choose recovery in Quick Boot it just shows a blank screen with 'SU Request' at the top.

Help!

Hold the power button till you get a menu, then select 'power off'.

when the phone is off press the menu and red buttons then tap the power button to turn on while still holding menu and red. after the t-mobile screen you will get the recovery mode

Guest Bice

Help!

I can just tell you the same what I said to robertopero.

Go to applications/development and turn ON USB debugging.

Guest eckengucker1

"Turn on the USB Debugging at Applications/Development."

Should bring you the SU-Request" buttons

//damn faster ^^

Edited by eckengucker1

Guest hungary

Help!

If Quickboot dont work:

Power off the phone

Start it with: Red + Menu + Power On!

Enjoy Recovery mode.

Guest robertopero

Thanks everyone root explorer is work now. Can somebody write down which things I can delete without any trouble?

Guest Jan M
Anyone else have this problem?

Open contacts, click on a contact that you know has more than one number, click on call contact to see their numbers, their numbers show but at the top it gives the name/picture of a different contact :) ?

I'm on r2 with an o2 sim..

actually this happens to me also...but the other contact appears only after I finished my call...and it's not the next one in line either...weird...r4 t-mob

Guest hungary
Thanks everyone root explorer is work now. Can somebody write down which things I can delete without any trouble?

****Pack.apk (dont delete HungarianPack.apk :) )

DocumentToGo

TopApps.apk

wisepilotvon.apk

and what you don need.

Guest Spooke

Might install this, So the process is just to Nandbackup to be safe, wipe data/dalvik cache, flash .zip update?

How would I go about Apps2SD? Since my SD has alot of stuff on it, Will I have to format it and then partition it? Or can I do it with stuff on it?

Guest DanWilson

@Whoeversaid "Lurve Partay Man" ages ago, you've got the wrong Dan,

Daniel Williamson posted the video,

DanWilson (Me) is Lurve Partay Man. Wanna join me? :)

Ah, must ask, has this ROM got the multitouch kernel/driver/support?

Edited by DanWilson

Guest Sh4d0w940

I have a problem with SU, because it doesn't popup. (not even a black screen)

The problem is SU because it happens on both root explorer and quickboot, root explorer waits a while and says unable to get root acces and quickboot just doesn't do anything :S

Anyone know a solution for this, usb debugging is enabled.

Guest Jan M
I'm getting a lot of restarts. Any one else experiencing this? I'm not using A2SD.

only with A2SD...when I disabled A2SD (by wiping, flashing, removing SD card before restarting) I only got one acore force close at the start and no reboots...with A2SD running I was getting force closes all the time and rebooting randomly.

Guest eckengucker1
I have a problem with SU, because it doesn't popup. (not even a black screen)

The problem is SU because it happens on both root explorer and quickboot, root explorer waits a while and says unable to get root acces and quickboot just doesn't do anything :S

Anyone know a solution for this, usb debugging is enabled.

try a clean install with wiping cash and restoring to standart

BTW: driving with 1.8 beta again vibrations won't work.

Edited by eckengucker1

Guest eckengucker1
How long should it boot initially?

Mine is booting for almost an hour ... :S

wiped cache and restored to fact-defaults? tried to remove your sd-card as written befor?

Edited by eckengucker1

Guest tido
wiped cache and restored to fact-defaults? tried to remove your sd-card as written befor?

Thanks, I've wiped again and wiped cache too and pulled out the SD-card :)

Guest Swift_gti

@BigBearMDC

I have pulled apart the November firmware and find touchscreen upgrade which appears to be a script to write and read back from the touchscreen chip.

I unyaffs the system.img and found the file inside a folder called 'touch', you could check your original 2.1 firmware and see if this folder is present ?

If so, I have attached the November file - it may be possible to replace the 2.1 file with this and then re-apply the 2.1 with the 'update touchscreen option enabled' hopefully this would write back the older instructions to the chip.

Worth a try ?

touchscreen_upgrade.txt

Guest Josh04

Anyone who's complaining that the ROM is slow, make sure you wiped everything before using it, and that you reboot it at least once after flashing it. It takes a few minutes to sort everything through and re-cache it, and it gets very confused over a2sd if it is already there. I can honestly say that mine runs at about the same speed as Vanilla 1.7 did.

Guest Jan M
Might install this, So the process is just to Nandbackup to be safe, wipe data/dalvik cache, flash .zip update?

How would I go about Apps2SD? Since my SD has alot of stuff on it, Will I have to format it and then partition it? Or can I do it with stuff on it?

if you don't have an EXT2 partition on your SD card, and you want to use A2SD, then you need to repartition your SD card (loosing everything on it).

I wouldn't recommend it, however, as the pulse is much more stable without A2SD (even cupcake).

Guest Spooke
if you don't have an EXT2 partition on your SD card, and you want to use A2SD, then you need to repartition your SD card (loosing everything on it).

I wouldn't recommend it, however, as the pulse is much more stable without A2SD (even cupcake).

Ah ok thanks, I was just wondering as there is a lack of internal memory :/