15/May r6.1 - BigBearMDC and Paul's Pulse 2.1 ROM

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest DanWilson
Short answer: low res

Long answer: use smart keyboard!

Long answer wasnt that long! :)

But smart keyboard? EXPLAIN! ;)

Guest Daniel Williamson
I have my booted for 8 hours now, with not a single reboot, a2sd and vibration working.

Some advices:

- Root explorer: deleting unwanted things stopped almost all Force closes.

- AutoKiller: Improve ALOT the system speed, it's almost a requiremment to have this rom.

That'll help, i'm sure.

Hi when i open root explorer it keeps saying i dont have root, im using r4 rom.

Dan

Guest MarcusHenrique
Hi when i open root explorer it keeps saying i dont have root, im using r4 rom.

Dan

Disconnecting the USB cable solved that for me

Guest robot1000
Hi !

I found the 2.1 Gallery if someone is interested

Gallery

nvm.. eckengucker1 was faster : )

Good when it's in portrait mode, until it goes horribly wrong when the phone is tilted to landscape

Guest Jan M
I have my booted for 8 hours now, with not a single reboot, a2sd and vibration working.

do you have a U8220-6?

did you ever try this rom? http://android.modaco.com/content/t-mobile...e-com-analysis/

did vibrate also work for you there? from the thread it seems the only person it worked for was robot1000...

its strange how people are reporting that they went back to 1.5 and vibrate still didn't work...I just tried MCR 1.7 and vibrate works fine. (maybe they meant the above rom?)

Only just seen this thread, not been visiting the site that much lately but definitely great news that there is still a good future for our Pulses...

Guest le_lutin

"smart keyboard" is a keyboard on the market. There is a free and a paid version. Try the free version to see if you like it.

I used the ht keyboard for ages (and i've tried almost every other keyboard), smart keyboard (fairly recently released) is the best.

Guest Totyasrác
"smart keyboard" is a keyboard on the market. There is a free and a paid version. Try the free version to see if you like it.

I used the ht keyboard for ages (and i've tried almost every other keyboard), smart keyboard (fairly recently released) is the best.

Well, I can't find this on market... Found 10-12 italian/Portugese/Danish/etc for Smart Keyboard but not the sw itself... How can that be?

Guest r.bobbington

I've just installed it and everything seems to work fine, except for one thing – I can't load up the Terms of Service for the Market and so I can't actually access the Market. Anyone have a solution? Should I just wipe and try again?

EDIT: Forget that, it appears to work now.

Edited by r.bobbington

Guest HunteronX
Good when it's in portrait mode, until it goes horribly wrong when the phone is tilted to landscape

Exactly the same for me.

Guest Daniel Williamson

Hi all,

Well heres the thing i installed the r4 today and everything worked perfectly well had root and everything, but i just installed root explorer and tried to open it but said i didnt have root permission :S so i tried to open it again and again, kept turning debug mode on and oof to see if that affected it but no luck. And now also Setcpu says i dont have root anymore which was running fine before. So i decidded to return back to my nandroid backup of r4 that i did but i still have no rooott :) please help.

Dan

Guest AndyTaylor

Hey guys, long term lurker here. Decided to register so I can thank Bobo for all his hard work. You da man!

I'm currently booting for the first time after flashing, how long did it take you guys? And is there anything I can do to help it along? I know I should install autokiller ASAP, and I will once it boots. Anything else I should do?

Guest ogiogi

Charging the Phone using the charger made all the sounds to go through the Earpiece.

looks like it's another bug.

Reboot to fix it :) .

Edited by ogiogi

Guest alpha232

If you can get on the beta of Swype, it's a fuggin awesome keyboard

Guest blork
In case anyone's interested, with enough bashing it's possible to get the standard Contacts application working.

How? Also, is there anyway to change what actions the bottom buttons take, so I could change the terrible 'groups' thing to open regular contacts?

I tried using HelixLauncher but it seemed quite a bit slower than Canvas.

Guest le_lutin
Well, I can't find this on market... Found 10-12 italian/Portugese/Danish/etc for Smart Keyboard but not the sw itself... How can that be?

It's the very first result when I search for Smart Keyboard in the market.

Edited by le_lutin

Guest Rem1x
How? Also, is there anyway to change what actions the bottom buttons take, so I could change the terrible 'groups' thing to open regular contacts?

I tried using HelixLauncher but it seemed quite a bit slower than Canvas.

Zeam.. Use Zeam.

Guest martinmax

Im getting too many adnroid.process.acore force closes , ive tried awd and the default launcher and its the same

Any sollutions ?

Guest MarcusHenrique

I'm using zeam now for about an hour, and it's the best thing I've tried! Not a single force close, and it made the system fast enought for regular use.

Guest eckengucker1

Possible that the vibration rights aren't correct? For apps you've to set <uses-permission android:name="android.permission.VIBRATION" /> to manifest. Dont know whats to do for the os...

Guest TehStiggles

Just updated to r4 and going great so far.

Few force closes but just rebooted phone and all good since then. Very impressed so far and thanks for the hard work guys :)

Edited by TehStiggles