15/May r6.1 - BigBearMDC and Paul's Pulse 2.1 ROM

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest Tom G
if you don't have an EXT2 partition on your SD card, and you want to use A2SD, then you need to repartition your SD card (loosing everything on it).

I wouldn't recommend it, however, as the pulse is much more stable without A2SD (even cupcake).

If your SD card has only one partition, then that is true, however as I have said before if you already have a second partition on the card (in any format) you can reformat that partition to ext2 without effecting the first (fat) partition. Use mkfs.ext2.

I don't know why its not mounting the ext3 partition as ext2, but probably because it tries to auto-detect the format when it mounts. Specifying the fs as ext2 should hopefully get the ext3 partitions working again (as ext2 ie. without the journaling an ext3 fs should have). I'll take a look at how it mounts the partition tonight and try to fix the ext3 problems.

PS. I almost have the rom working in the emulator (its fairly stable but a few things aren't right). I haven't tried it on a real device yet.

Guest racingclub

gone back to my Cupcake Nandroid backup.

Was fun to try & props to Paul & BigBear, but just too many errors made Eclair unusable for me.

Top of the list was constant reboots (I was running without A2SD) and acore FC's. Turned it on this morning and the clock was 20mins out, then rebooted again.....Enough was enough! :)

Good to see all the energy going into this guys, much love x

Guest robertopero

Which Task Killer is the best? I use Advanced Task Killer, is there a better?

I only installed 2-3 apps, but my free memory (in Adv.Task Killer) is 36 M. I think this isn't too much, how can i increase it?

Guest Rem1x
Which Task Killer is the best? I use Advanced Task Killer, is there a better?

I only installed 2-3 apps, but my free memory (in Adv.Task Killer) is 36 M. I think this isn't too much, how can i increase it?

36mb is more then enough.

Guest goce.nakov

Except vibration problem and few force closes running smooth so far.....tho no vibration is giving me a headache :)

Guest Dalius
36mb is more then enough.

I deleted lots of system Apps and make the RAM 47,but after a while I found the Google market can't be open ...............................\

:)

Guest Jan M
I deleted lots of system Apps and make the RAM 47,but after a while I found the Google market can't be open ...............................\

:)

you probably deleted one too many apps =]

Guest goce.nakov
Im getting constant reboots on every 20 minutes , someone else experience this problem ?

Nothing like that so far, using it for 10 hours......

Guest robertopero
Im getting constant reboots on every 20 minutes , someone else experience this problem ?

Nope. I last reboot (manually) 16 hours ago.

Guest marcox1987

bugs:

1st start: com.android.inputmethod.latin and android.process-- fore close windows

start : force closes window

call ended: restrat or power off the phone

no vibrate

no charcing mode-- phone reset and start android os-- but no sound

what is the problem?

Error: run "wipe dalvik" via adb! -- the massage in the recovery mode- amon ra

Guest _melchett

Not sure quite why, but I downloaded the rom at around 10.00pm (BST) last night and although the zip folder said r4 the rom name on the phone says Big BearMDC and Paul's Pulse 2.1 ROM r3. I also had to install text to speech from the market (although it doesn't seem to work) which suggests r3 (or was the name simply not update before r4 was released?)

Other than that its a great rom. Yes no vibrate and everytime it wakes from sleep it has a force close/wait for gapps but appart from those minor gripes it seem quite quick and useful. Glad i update at least to try it out before the official one is released. So great work Bobo and Paul!!

Guest gusthy
im missing this:

android21-gmailcontactpopup-180x300.png

no google maps icon and i thing there should be a facebook icon as well.

Any idea?

What is this? Google talk?

Guest le_lutin

I think BigBear might have said it before, but I can (re)confirm that the touchscreen no longer has any issues with 2.1 and works without have to touch the back of it. This was always a problem for me where the touchscreen wouldn't responsd when it was in my car's phone holder.

Apart from the vibrate issue, the r4 release is very stable for me.

Lack of vibrate *may* make me switch back to 1.5 though as it's very important.

Guest rjm2k

Not sure if it's a co-oincindeance or not but since I put the 2.1 rom on and reverted back to 1.5 my phone keeps complaining about running out of space, has something been resized? I guess I can put the Dec update back on and then restore my backup again if needed.

Guest Jan M
although the zip folder said r4 the rom name on the phone says Big BearMDC and Paul's Pulse 2.1 ROM r3

the phone info wasn't changed to r4...but if you installed r4 then its r4.

Guest Jan M
Not sure if it's a co-oincindeance or not but since I put the 2.1 rom on and reverted back to 1.5 my phone keeps complaining about running out of space, has something been resized? I guess I can put the Dec update back on and then restore my backup again if needed.

nothing resized...did you wipe your ext partition (and data, dalvik-cache, etc) before going back?

Guest gusthy
im missing this:

android21-gmailcontactpopup-180x300.png

no google maps icon and i thing there should be a facebook icon as well.

Any idea?

For me it is there. Its content depends on the information in Google Address Book.

Guest Csöpi

k thx and whats about facebook? I think in 2.1 there should be a integrated facebook client which is obviously not here. under what name should i add the facebook link under the contacts that it shows up here.

My only other problem is the low free space now. Speed is ok and it hasnt rebooted or anything.

Can anybody give me a detailed instruction or a link how can i remove all the unneded apps to get more space? Like roadsync and stuff.

Guest blork
Im getting too many adnroid.process.acore force closes , ive tried awd and the default launcher and its the same

Any sollutions ?

I was getting this for a while. What I did was to format my SD Card, wipe, re-flash, then reboot without the SD Card in.

I wasn't using A2SD so I don't know why this made a difference but it did.