15/May r6.1 - BigBearMDC and Paul's Pulse 2.1 ROM

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest eckengucker1

that's the stock file with the fix I've recommended on page 49

BTW: the odext version (r5/r6) are faster than the r1 is.

build.zip

Edited by eckengucker1

Guest goce.nakov
that's the stock file with the fix I've recommended on page 49

BTW: the odext version (r5/r6) are faster than the r1 is.

Im seeing ro.product.device=U8230 but we are having U8220 is that OK??

Guest eckengucker1
Im seeing ro.product.device=U8230 but we are having U8220 is that OK??

Should be, yes. The 1.5 version had that too and was working fine. I can't test it because I've no 2.1 live-system. I need my phone tomorrow :)

Guest xarxiusxiii

Yeah, that the one I was using before that worked :D

So are these build.props I've just tested for use with the 2.1r1? If so, my mistake :) ;)

With the stock build.prop, and the ro.product.device=U8220, 2.1r6 runs very smoothly on my Pulse, I'd say around the same speed that the MCR1.7 ran (apart from the app menu with canvas is slowww... Zeam is better, although I miss the zoom animations when launching apps)

Guest goce.nakov
Should be, yes. The 1.5 version had that too and was working fine. I can't test it because I've no 2.1 live-system. I need my phone tomorrow :)

Now it is OK with brightness and slowdown but im still having force closes on android.proces and voice seearch

Guest eckengucker1
Now it is OK with brightness and slowdown but im still having force closes on android.proces and voice seearch

wired but I'll have a look on it tomorrow ;)

gute nacht :)

Guest niko1986

Make a change here ro.board.platform=msm7k will get boot animation and brightness back

Edited by niko1986

Guest Cheadle

Can we please build in the APN settings for all networks into the mods? It would just be a nice feature that would be in the mod and save any playing about afterwards for many people that are not using T Mobile. Im guessing this is simply a drag and drop of the file like we do to add them to the phone?

Guest Tom G
Can we please build in the APN settings for all networks into the mods? It would just be a nice feature that would be in the mod and save any playing about afterwards for many people that are not using T Mobile. Im guessing this is simply a drag and drop of the file like we do to add them to the phone?

I requested this a few pages back. It is simply replacing 1 file, /system/etc/apns-conf.xml.

Guest Tom G
Anybody tried successfully to do tethering with 2.1?

(With Cupcake it was seamless, now it does not seem to work)

pdanets bluetooth DUN appears to work. More info later.

Wifi appears to work in ad-hoc mode (I couldn't get that working in 1.5), but I think iptables will still be a problem.

I'm at a conference this week so don't have much time for testing, but I have no internet connection (except the Pulse) in the hotel so will be trying to get something working.

Guest masterpfa
Ive made a quick video how my pulse performs with this rom with Helix Launcher and Autokiller. Its faster than my gf's pulse, she has 1.7mcr on it. Ive deleted all languages and some other apps too..

WoW that looks smooth and fast (you sure you didn't edit the video :) )

Are you running A2SDor A2SD+ and have you had any FC's?

Hello!

Since build.prop modification, my phone don't reboot, just go and go and go, FC sometimes, but nothing restart.

My configuration:

r4+a2sd (1GB ext2), Zeam, autokiller, device=U8220 in build.prop modified by Rootexplorer.

Thank YOU, it's Great, i like it!!!

Guest gusthy
Hello!

Since build.prop modification, my phone don't reboot, just go and go and go, FC sometimes, but nothing restart.

My configuration:

r4+a2sd (1GB ext2), Zeam, autokiller, device=U8220 in build.prop modified by Rootexplorer.

Thank YOU, it's Great, i like it!!!

Does not restart during phonecalls?

Guest niko1986

Replaced my build.prop and still getting restarts regular and lots of force closes. Seems to be centered around internet use, market, browser and picasa uploads etc.

Also anyone have a link to the post about how to setup an ubuntu development environment?

Edited by niko1986

Guest milun

First, to thank BigBearMDC and Paul on update 2.1

I have put r6.1 2.1 version.

The problems are as follows as in the majority.

Android.closes and the like.

Just once and restart it when I wanted to approach the sd card.

A little slow, for example. When you press the green handset while waiting for the open call log, everything is black and takes a while until it broke or if a android.closes and close the call log.

Normally the problem with the boot when the card is inserted.

And vibration normally.

Nothing else special.

Basically the biggest problem is my card, that is. you must izgasiti and light (without SD card) we lose the applications that I installed before.

Does anyone know how to return the application.

Once again thanks for the update!!

Guest Neron
Replaced my build.prop and still getting restarts regular and lots of force closes. Seems to be centered around internet use, market, browser and picasa uploads etc.

Also anyone have a link to the post about how to setup an ubuntu development environment?

I have got to agree it looks like reboots might be related to the radio's as I use 3 it switches between 3G and 2G alot and that seems to cause the most crashes and reboots!

Guest niko1986
I have got to agree it looks like reboots might be related to the radio's as I use 3 it switches between 3G and 2G alot and that seems to cause the most crashes and reboots!

This may or may not be anything to do with the issue, but you can no longer set it to prefer 3g networks. I do notice it switching alot between 2G and 3G.

Does not restart during phonecalls?

No.

1 incoming call over bluetooth speaker,

1 outgoing call,

30-40 incoming SMS,

in and out emails over gmail and ActiveSync,

install from Market,

post to this forum,

and browsing.

I've got two reboot since my last post, when I want scroll in TouchDown during synchronisation, and when I scroll in Browser

:-)

Guest MarcusHenrique
No.

1 outgoing call,

30-40 incoming SMS,

install from Market,

post to this forum,

and browsing.

I've got two reboot since my last post, when I want scroll in TouchDown during synchronisation, and when I scroll in Browser

OMG you're popular! :)

Guest niko1986
No.

1 outgoing call,

30-40 incoming SMS,

install from Market,

post to this forum,

and browsing.

Notice tearing in the screen when scrolling in the browser before it locks up?

Guest Gyurmaschine
WoW that looks smooth and fast (you sure you didn't edit the video ;) )

Are you running A2SDor A2SD+ and have you had any FC's?

:D Im on A2SD+ and i have some FC's too. But at least with the modified build.prop i havent experienced any reboots lately.. so this is getting better :)

Btw i've tried dodge-167's suggestion and installed the LauncherPro Beta... Its very fast, the menu scrolling is much better than stock and it has better animation!! :(

Edited by Gyurmaschine

Guest Basher52

As i wont avoid this Forces Closes, i installed the Launcher+ from Market. Now it looks like good olt Android 1.5, but includes 7 screens to be fillt up with stuff, great working.

The music player ist terrible -.- the big Problem with the 2,5mm to 3,5mm cable is still gets on my nervs, but starting the player almost eats the whole Sytem performance. Scrolling the Song liberay? Not possible without great lags and a lot of time.

Can anybody confirm this?

The promoted Voice Search takes about 16Megabyte of my ram and ends up in FC this whole time, think i got to build a new room without this features...

Perfect Rom based on BoBos Work:

kick of music player, standard launcher & voice search

replace this apps with better ones from market.

Will see how long this needs :)

Sorry for my bad english...

Edited by Basher52