15/May r6.1 - BigBearMDC and Paul's Pulse 2.1 ROM

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest niko1986
The music player ist terrible -.- the big Problem with the 2,5mm to 3,5mm cable is still gets on my nervs, but starting the player almost eats the whole Sytem performance. Scrolling the Song liberay? Not possible without great lags and a lot of time.

You can buy 2.5mm headphones but seem to cost extra. Try music player called "cubed" in market its listed as a superscripted number 3.

Guest Rizzly

Hmm, has anyone else noticed that audio-playback is constantly halted in this rom? It doesn't matter if I use the stock player, the default eclair player or cubed, the playing audio always gets halted. I don't know if it's because the phone is running out of memory, but when I look inside advanced task killer it says that I have between 20-30 mb of space available. I've disabled headset-button pausing via autostarts since I know this has been a reported issue reported before, but I still get these problems.

I've tried the r4 and r6.1 a2sd+ versions rom with and without the fixed build-prop, the problem still occurs. I'm using zeam with 5 homescreens wich I have various widgets on (but I did try with all of the widgets removed, with zero success). I've also tried with and without autokiller, and I've also overclocked the lowest speed of the CPU to 480 MHz.

Has anyone figured out how to stop the constant pausing/fc of audio playback?

Edited by Rizzly

Guest Basher52
As i wont avoid this Forces Closes, i installed the Launcher+ from Market. Now it looks like good olt Android 1.5, but includes 7 screens to be fillt up with stuff, great working.

The music player ist terrible -.- the big Problem with the 2,5mm to 3,5mm cable is still gets on my nervs, but starting the player almost eats the whole Sytem performance. Scrolling the Song liberay? Not possible without great lags and a lot of time.

Can anybody confirm this?

The promoted Voice Search takes about 16Megabyte of my ram and ends up in FC this whole time, think i got to build a new room without this features...

Perfect Rom based on BoBos Work:

kick of music player, standard launcher & voice search

replace this apps with better ones from market.

Will see how long this needs smile.gif

Sorry for my bad english...

After some tries, my own Rom is now much more stable than the one by BoBo & Paul.

Just kicked off Voicesearch, Launcher and Music apk and replaced them with better one(i really dont need voicesearch...)

Maybe i can upload the rom within the next 48 hours :)

Guest Celeb

i see that you are developing this things amazingly fast (wish huawei would be this quick!). I am just curious (as it doesn't seem they are releasing 2.1 anytime soon), how long will it take until your 2.1 will be stable enough even for "regular" people? And also - what is the difference between vanilla version and this one? I am kinda new to Android world (and even newer to these forums) and i didn't quite get the difference. Any clarification to me would be appreciated :)

Guest domjant

I created a U8220 (T-Mobile Pulse) WinXP driver for the leaked 2.1 ROM (adb, modem, etc....)

You can download it from: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=HXWTGDT1

*edit: Rapidshare mirror: http://rapidshare.com/files/388477095/Puls...ed2.1-WinXp.zip

Tested with r6.1 but it should work with other leaked 2.1 variant as well.

Edited by domjant

Guest Rizzly
After some tries, my own Rom is now much more stable than the one by BoBo & Paul.

Just kicked off Voicesearch, Launcher and Music apk and replaced them with better one(i really dont need voicesearch...)

Maybe i can upload the rom within the next 48 hours :)

Well, I've done the same as you (removed the launcher and disabled constant voicesearch by changing keyboard), but I still have problems I described above with playback just seemingly stopping at random.

Guest thisweb
i see that you are developing this things amazingly fast (wish huawei would be this quick!). I am just curious (as it doesn't seem they are releasing 2.1 anytime soon), how long will it take until your 2.1 will be stable enough even for "regular" people? And also - what is the difference between vanilla version and this one? I am kinda new to Android world (and even newer to these forums) and i didn't quite get the difference. Any clarification to me would be appreciated :)

Not sure how long it will be but I'd guess a couple of weeks if Pauls working on this now. Vanilla is just the same but with the T-Mobile branding and 'features' removed. Generally prefered unless you like the T-mobile stuff.

Guest flip360

i have installed the shadows`s modified rom, apps2sd is working great, i have ADW Launcher installed and after apllying build prop fix everything is working smoothly, no reboots or fcs, going almost two days now :)

Guest vladimir.mitevski

Thanks for the rom, its great.

It runs smooth, but still needs some hacking about the speed. My phone does not restart like others, i get that acore.process and voise.process in the start, but a just "wait" them and after that is ok. Most of the live wallpapers dont work, and those who work dissapear after some time. Calls are great, wifi excellent, market is working ok, contacts and call log appear just fine (after the first time). And like a BETA its AWESOME. I'll keep testing it and will report bugs, if i find one :)

Guest Misticdw

i have a few bugs,

I installed a bunch of apps and every time i restart the phone the apps are gone and thats without A2SD and using the internal memory, I couldn't get A2SD to work. And second my data doesn't seem to work, it says 3G in the status bar but when i try to connect or check email only the upload bar is indicating and the download indicates once then does nothing, I get the sever failed to communicate please try again

I'm on T-Mobile and using r6.1 A2SD+

good points, my phone is so much faster and the battery is still near full bars after being on for 24 hours, i got 18 hours standby on a single charge using MCR 1.7 Vanilla

Peace

Lee

Guest Cheadle

Is this rom working as well as the custom one that appears under development? We seem to have two projects on the go and I cant work out which one seems to be working the best. Its fantastic that we have something that works, however shame we cant get to the root of the reboot issue

Can we build in the network APNs into the next rom please?

Guest gusthy
Is this rom working as well as the custom one that appears under development? We seem to have two projects on the go and I cant work out which one seems to be working the best. Its fantastic that we have something that works, however shame we cant get to the root of the reboot issue

Can we build in the network APNs into the next rom please?

Shame or not, we don't have the source code of either the kernel or the T-Mobile stuff...

Guest mattheo

Hi!

I'm not so good in programming linux, so I don't know what do I need..

when I try to install the 2.1, install stops with an error message:

google.apps.maps.apk missing.

if you could upload it to somewhere please..

the other problem is, I'm not able to restore the old and fix 1.7, cause an other error message:

Error: run "nandroid-mobile.shrestore" via adb!

I don't have any idea what does it mean..

I!d trz to do the dec update again as well, but it stops at firmware checking at the beginning of it..

PLEASE HELP ME..

thanx, and keep the good work, best regards

mattheo

Guest Kokkola

My experience with Android 2.1 r4 so far. I am on T-Mobile Pulse.

Vibrate not working (as mentioned).

The camera is giving me some very strange noises. Althrough its performing better (auto-focus mainly), the picture is clear, there is no way for me to take it. Neither the on-screen, nor the button on my phone is working. The strange noise comes also during startup.

Multitouch seems to work somehow, but cant get used to the gesture, will keep trying.

USB is still not working at all (thought it was 1.7 issue). I switch on the USB mode, but when I try to copy something from the PC, the phone and the disk soon after disconnects, without transfering any actual data.

Also, when USB is connected, the message (USB connected) on the top status bar pops-up so often, I cant even see the bar.

Unlike the version 1.7 this version have localizations included as well as the newer RoadSync, I love this.

After boot i get message "Proceess android.proccess.acore is not responding". When I choose to Wait it seems to solve the problem, as the message wont appear again.

And last but not least, nor the microphone, nor the speaker is working. Which is a bit issue for a mobile telephone :-). Cant hear the call, play ringtone, nothing.

Thats all for the moment, will keep trying and if I find something of interest, I will post again.

Thanks for the good work, keep it up !

Guest -Yaya-

My experiences with the 2.1 Rom r4 with A2SD+ :

Pro:

-The cool Settings-Toggle Widget

-Touchschreen does now work if the pulse is placed on a flat table etc!!! VERY GOOD!

-Much snappier, smoother and faster than good old Android 1.5.

-Updated/New Apps like updated Market, Voice Search/Recognition

-2.1-Only-Apps like the all new Gallery, News and Weather App, Car Home work now!

-No random reboots for me!

Contra:

-Dialer App and Music App are crap! --> Download Dialer One from Market! Awesome App!

-Several Force Closes (every second startup there's an .acore FC) --> Use a lightweight Home Replacement like Zeam and use a Taskkiller like Advanced Task Manager with integrated Autokiller...

-Vibrate does not work! PLEASE FIX THIS!

So if you want to have a great 2.1 performance I would recommend you to download the following Apps:

-Zeam

-Advanced Task Manager / Autokiller

-Dialer One

-Nexus One Apps like the all new 2.1 Gallery (still buggy though: Screen Orientation only works if you click on Camera and then hit back) and the 2.1 Weather and News Widget

-xScope Browser Donate with innovative new Zoom Ability and/or Opera

Have Fun :)

Edited by -Yaya-

Guest gusthy
My experiences with the 2.1 Rom r4 with A2SD+ :

Pro:

-The cool Settings-Toggle Widget

-Touchschreen does now work if the pulse is placed on a flat table etc!!! VERY GOOD!

-Much snappier, smoother and faster than good old Android 1.5.

-Updated/New Apps like updated Market, Voice Search/Recognition

-2.1-Only-Apps like the all new Gallery, News and Weather App, Car Home work now!

-No random reboots for me!

Contra:

-Dialer App and Music App are crap! --> Download Dialer One from Market! Awesome App!

-Several Force Closes (every second startup there's an .acore FC) --> Use a lightweight Home Replacement like Zeam and use a Taskkiller like Advanced Task Manager with integrated Autokiller...

-Vibrate does not work! PLEASE FIX THIS!

So if you want to have a great 2.1 performance I would recommend you to download the following Apps:

-Zeam

-Advanced Task Manager / Autokiller

-Dialer One

-Nexus One Apps like the all new 2.1 Gallery (still buggy though: Screen Orientation only works if you click on Camera and then hit back) and the 2.1 Weather and News Widget

-xScope Browser Donate with innovative new Zoom Ability and/or Opera

Have Fun :)

Or no Zeam, but add JIT

Guest Tom G
I have got to agree it looks like reboots might be related to the radio's as I use 3 it switches between 3G and 2G alot and that seems to cause the most crashes and reboots!

I think you're right about the switching. The area I am in this week has very variable signal and my phone has been regularly switching between no signal, 2g and 3g. On Monday it restarted about 20 times (with the build.prop changes applied). On Tuesday I disabled 3g and data services and it ran totally stable all day. FCs are also greatly reduced, the only one I have seen with 3g disabled is an acore fail straight after each boot.

Guest le_lutin
what is JIT actually? can someone explain it to me? sorry newbie questions...

Performance increase. Google it to find out more.