15/May r6.1 - BigBearMDC and Paul's Pulse 2.1 ROM

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest Neron
I think you're right about the switching. The area I am in this week has very variable signal and my phone has been regularly switching between no signal, 2g and 3g. On Monday it restarted about 20 times (with the build.prop changes applied). On Tuesday I disabled 3g and data services and it ran totally stable all day. FCs are also greatly reduced, the only one I have seen with 3g disabled is an acore fail straight after each boot.

I have left the wifi and set to stay on when charging and my phone doesnt reboot so does look to be the radio's or something to do with switching mobile data on and off. This did used to hang on the 1.5 rom so there could be a setting somewhere that auto reboots the phone on hang that could be the issue? (I was think like ASR on a server)

Guest sebweb02

Hello :-D

1.st I want to say : Great Work, works on my pulse without probs.

But I have a question : On my old 1.5 mcr firmware I was able to use Apps2SD. Since the Update the Downloaded Contet from the Market is installed to the normal space for apps......

Can someboby help to fix this ?

I have parted my 8GB SD Card with my G1 ( 1024MB for Apps ( ext2) the rest for Music, Pics, Vids, etc...)

Edit : Now everything works, but with the vanilla style update5...... Just fixed and repaired ext2 in the bootloader.

---> How can I see the current Memory of the ext2 ? On the G1 it is shown in the memory settings as secondary memory :-/

Edited by sebweb02

Guest pandinusimp

Hello,

i wanted to install r6.1 with A2SD+. I wiped everything. I formated my SD card. It stops at the android screen. I waited 10min and more. Nothing happened.

SD card formated in ext2.

Any ideas?

Edited by pandinusimp

Guest HyDeNoW

I had the same problem with r6.1 with a2sd+. I could not get past the android screen. The only thing that fixed it for me was to manualy creat the /system/sd directory suing adb. I know this seems strange since r6.1 is supposed to do this for you but since i created the folder my phone booted in under 3 minutes and is now working faster than without A2SD+.

Guest SoundSurfer
I had the same problem with r6.1 with a2sd+. I could not get past the android screen. The only thing that fixed it for me was to manualy creat the /system/sd directory suing adb. I know this seems strange since r6.1 is supposed to do this for you but since i created the folder my phone booted in under 3 minutes and is now working faster than without A2SD+.

This happened to me too... had to create /system/sd

Guest Rizzly
Hello,

i wanted to install r6.1 with A2SD+. I wiped everything. I formated my SD card. It stops at the android screen. I waited 10min and more. Nothing happened.

SD card formated in ext2.

Any ideas?

Somehow 6.1 fails to mount the sd-card and thus it fails (you can fix this by booting without the sd-card in the phone, but a2sd won't work if you put it back in after boot), you should try out the vanilla-rom instead. If you like the t-mobile stuff you can do what I did and just copy all the apps in /system/app to /system/app and framework-res.apk to /system/framework from this rom and then zip and re-sign everything.

Guest pandinusimp
Somehow 6.1 fails to mount the sd-card and thus it fails (you can fix this by booting without the sd-card in the phone, but a2sd won't work if you put it back in after boot), you should try out the vanilla-rom instead. If you like the t-mobile stuff you can do what I did and just copy all the apps in /system/app to /system/app and framework-res.apk to /system/framework from this rom and then zip and re-sign everything.

Can you tell me a link or how i copy the apps and frameworks? I have no idea how to do this. Thanks!

Guest Rizzly
Can you tell me a link or how i copy the apps and frameworks? I have no idea how to do this. Thanks!

Well, you just unpack the roms (they're just zips after all), then delete /system/app and /system/framework/framwork-res.apm from the vanilla rom. After this you copy the /system/app directory from the pulse rom and put it in /system of the vanilla rom, you also copy /system/framework/framework-res.apk to /system/framework in the vanilla rom.

After this you just zip the vanilla rom contents and sign the zip. Signing in windows and linux don't work completely the same way, and since I'm using the latter OS, and I presume you're using windows, you'll have to ask someone else about that part (or google it).

Guest pandinusimp
Well, you just unpack the roms (they're just zips after all), then delete /system/app and /system/framework/framwork-res.apm from the vanilla rom. After this you copy the /system/app directory from the pulse rom and put it in /system of the vanilla rom, you also copy /system/framework/framework-res.apk to /system/framework in the vanilla rom.

After this you just zip the vanilla rom contents and sign the zip. Signing in windows and linux don't work completely the same way, and since I'm using the latter OS, and I presume you're using windows, you'll have to ask someone else about that part (or google it).

I'm using Mac OS X.

Guest Rizzly
Thanks!

I looked for "sign android zip mac" with google.

Heh, it's funny how just a word can affect the result that much :) . You probably didn't find anything since mostly developers .apk-files and not .zip-files.

Guest pandinusimp
Heh, it's funny how just a word can affect the result that much ;) . You probably didn't find anything since mostly developers .apk-files and not .zip-files.

Now i made it! Thank you for your help and hints! I only was surprised by the Nexus One bootscreen. :)

Guest Rizzly
Now i made it! Thank you for your help and hints! I only was surprised by the Nexus One bootscreen. :)

Congratulations ;).

Guest dodge-167
Any word on an update to this rom Paul or are you waiting for official release now?

I think that they are waiting for official ROM....

Guest thisweb
I think that they are waiting for official ROM....

I guess. T-mobile/Huwai would be better of just releasing the source and let the community build it. This wait is sofrustrating and doesn't benefit anyone.

I've given up all hope of ever getting 2.2 on the pulse!

Still at least this site exists!!

Guest Samlock

Please forgive me for not reading through the 50+ pages of this thread to find the answer to this question which has no doubt been asked numerous times, but are random reboots a known problem with r6.1?

Yes, I know its a beta and yes I know its unstable! :rolleyes:

Guest le_lutin
Please forgive me for not reading through the 50+ pages of this thread to find the answer to this question which has no doubt been asked numerous times, but are random reboots a known problem with r6.1?

Yes, I know its a beta and yes I know its unstable! :rolleyes:

The answer is yes.

Guest saintVTi

App2SD wont work with r6.1, cant install ROM with it.

Without App2SD works fine.

In settings information shows BigBearMDC and Paul's Pulse 2.1 ROM r5

Is this correct?

There was 2 update after r5 (r6, r6.1) and nobody was changed this information, or there is a wrong ROM called r6.1?

Was looked in .zip and there is no /system/sd folder in r6.1 ROM, in build.prop the ro.build.display variable shows r5, so i think that wrong ROM was linked as r6.1 :rolleyes: its an r5 ROM :D

Edited by saintVTi