15/May r6.1 - BigBearMDC and Paul's Pulse 2.1 ROM

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest ogiogi
When You set some picture as desktop, it asking you to cut it. So maybe through this way can find the exact resolution..

It ends up stretched even if u cut it :)

Edited by ogiogi

Guest xarxiusxiii

Something else I've noticed about this ROM is that bluetooth file transfers (from PC to Pulse) are now a lot slower, on cupcake I was getting speeds between 50 - 100kb/s, now I'm getting between 5 and 30kb/s.

Guest lilim_ac

yeah.. working on my u8230!!! got force close in the first boot like everybody else, only 1 reboot since 7.45 pm this evening (5hours ago). the camera is great, more setings, even macro exist, a lot faster, and brighter!!!

I think it's more sensitive.

also I got the vibration!!!!

I use the r6 non a2sd.

Guest putzaa

hi there,

at first I have to thank paul and bigbear for their great work ! :)

i just installed the r6.1 +a2sd , but i have to report that i still have to pull out the sd card to boot it ..

now i'm gonna check if at least the apps stay installed and are usable ..

but as you said, it's weekend ;) so take your time guys

edit: no, for me it's the same problem like it was with r6 ... i have to pull out the sd card to boot

and after restart all apps are away :( --> so now i install the non-a2sd version again, hoping for a

working fix :D

Edited by putzaa

Guest loljpgp
yeah.. working on my u8230!!! got force close in the first boot like everybody else, only 1 reboot since 7.45 pm this evening (5hours ago). the camera is great, more setings, even macro exist, a lot faster, and brighter!!!

I use the r6 non a2sd.

I also have a U8230. Can you tell me how did you do?

Thanks

Guest Hectic

I use the r6 non a2sd.

joke?

Guest Tom G
hi there,

at first I have to thank paul and bigbear for their great work ! :)

i just installed the r6.1 +a2sd , but i have to report that i still have to pull out the sd card to boot it ..

now i'm gonna check if at least the apps stay installed and are usable ..

but as you said, it's weekend ;) so take your time guys

edit: no, for me it's the same problem like it was with r6 ... i have to pull out the sd card to boot

and after restart all apps are away :( --> so now i install the non-a2sd version again, hoping for a

working fix :D

The ext partition is mounted at boot time (through the init.d/40a2sd script). It will not automount when you insert a card, so the sd card needs to be in at boot time. You could manually mount it later, but you will need to do more than just mount it for it to recognise the apps. How is your sd card formatted? ext3 is a known problem. I mentioned a possible workaround for the ext3 problem a few pages back, but I haven't tested it yet. I will try to find my spare sd card today and give it a try.

Guest starkos
The ext partition is mounted at boot time (through the init.d/40a2sd script). It will not automount when you insert a card, so the sd card needs to be in at boot time. You could manually mount it later, but you will need to do more than just mount it for it to recognise the apps. How is your sd card formatted? ext3 is a known problem. I mentioned a possible workaround for the ext3 problem a few pages back, but I haven't tested it yet. I will try to find my spare sd card today and give it a try.

Just remembered that I gave your possible workaround a go, it seemed to allow the phone to boot with an ext3 partition but I think it also broke a2sd all together lol

Guest cgoran
r6.1 uploaded that includes the missing directory for A2SD. That is the ONLY change.

Hey, it is the weekend. :)

P

Hello to you all,

I have tried installing r5, then r6 and r6.1 with APP2SD+ support, every time I go with wipe and then install from sdcard trough recovery mode but funny thing is that even after applying r6.1, when I check in about phone it shows r5 and the phone is not booting with sdcard. I don't know what I am missing, please help.

Best regards,

Goran

Hello!

Does anyone know if I can install this ROM on my Swedish version of Huawei U8220? I do NOT have the T-mobile Pulse but the Swedish version of it with Swedish language.

Guest gusthy

It seems that the cause of instability is definitely the lack of memory.

This kernel doesnt contain swap support. So neither the swapon console command, nor the Swapper application from Market does not work.

Paul, is it possible to add swap kernel support?

Guest le_lutin
It seems that the cause of instability is definitely the lack of memory.

Just wondering: what led you to this conclusion?

Guest zerosignull

The instability is in the HW apps in because they suck. The 21 apps all run fine and you get no thrown exceptions.

The hardlocking, however, is caused i think by the OS clock throttling the CPU to fast. just download setcpu and watch the cpu core speed.

Edited by zerosignull

Guest phildrip

I'm guessing the kernel source isn't available for this leak? I'm wondering if the problems with vibration are in the kernel, and whether they could be fixed by looking at the source for the 1.5 kernel.

Guest biron_w

Need a bit of help.I've put this on but i'm having problems going back to 1.7.

If I go into recovery and try to use nandroid it just says "error: run 'nandroid-mobile.shrestore' via adb". And I can't use quickboot from the 2.1 beta as it just goes to the superuser permission screen and then gives me an error.

Any ideas what to do?I don't want to reflash 1.7 if possible as i'll lose some things.

*edit* got it sorted.

Anybody know why it superuser won't work?I know it's a beta but it's worked before when i've put this 2.1 on(i've put it on a few times!)?

Edited by biron_w

Guest Neron
r6.1 uploaded that includes the missing directory for A2SD. That is the ONLY change.

Hey, it is the weekend. :)

P

Thanks Paul!

Guest ciluu

hm, i tested this rom and i seen a lot of bug. First: i have got a t-mobile pulse sim card. When somebody sendt me an sms message, i doesnt received that. In message sending the phonebook doesnt work.

Guest eckengucker1
The instability is in the HW apps in because they suck. The 21 apps all run fine and you get no thrown exceptions.

The hardlocking, however, is caused i think by the OS clock throttling the CPU to fast. just download setcpu and watch the cpu core speed.

Settings in "init.qcom.sh" 2.1 are exactly the same as 1.5

"U8220" | "U8226" | "U8230")

echo "ondemand" > /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/scaling_governor

echo 76 > /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/ondemand/up_threshold

echo 60 > /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/ondemand/down_threshold

echo 200000 > /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/ondemand/sampling_rate

echo 245760 > /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/scaling_min_freq

;;[/codebox]

But I've found the error:

The "ro.product.device=Pulse" in "System/build.prop" is wrong. Of cause it should be "ro.product.device=[b]U8220".[/b]

That's "why init.qcom.sh" gets a wrong input (or how ever programmers call that :))

Maybe that causes the vib-probs too?

Solution:

Change the line using "root explorer" on your live-system and reboot or edit build.prop befor you flash it (extract boot.img=>unpack ram-disk (http://android-dls.com/wiki/index.php?title=HOWTO:_Unpack%2C_Edit%2C_and_Re-Pack_Boot_Images))

tschüss

Edited by eckengucker1

Guest geolo253
Hello!

Does anyone know if I can install this ROM on my Swedish version of Huawei U8220? I do NOT have the T-mobile Pulse but the Swedish version of it with Swedish language.

Hi,

yes, I am using the R6 AP2SD+ rom edited by Sh4d0w940, I have a 8 GB SDHC class 2 card and it works great! Even vibrate works! I get the fc ...acore at startup (After entering the pin code) other than that it works great.

PS. I could write this in Swedish but it wouldn't be fair to the other forum members :) DS.

Edited by geolo253

Guest starkos
But I've found the error:

The "ro.product.device=Pulse" in "System/build.prop" is wrong. Of cause it should be "ro.product.device=U8220".

That's "why init.qcom.sh" gets a wrong input (or how ever programmers call that :))

Maybe that causes the vib-probs too?

Solution:

Change the line using "root explorer" on your live-system and reboot or edit build.prop befor you flash it (extract boot.img=>unpack ram-disk (http://android-dls.com/wiki/index.php?title=HOWTO:_Unpack%2C_Edit%2C_and_Re-Pack_Boot_Images))

tschüss

Little confused, what results/changes have you got by changing that line in the build.prop?

Guest JingleManSweep
Little confused, what results/changes have you got by changing that line in the build.prop?

the "init.qcom.sh" shell script that runs on startup seems to change runtime kernel parameters (such as CPU throttling), however, the shell script checks for "U8220", "U8226" or "U8230" in the "build.prop". As it was set to "Pulse", it means that these tweaks weren't applied, and therefore could be causing the CPU/RAM usage problems.