2.1 Vanilla based on r6

Guest Sh4d0w940

Guest Csöpi

mine rebooted this morning while it was in my pocket, but this one was the first restart. I hope it wont happen again. I talked with it on the phone a couple of times and there was no problem.

Guest starkos
Anyone managed to get voice search and keyboard voice working again? I've chucked voicesearchwithkeyboard.apk pikotts.apk and the other apk but no joy.

Bit confused, you say u want it working but then you say u've chucked it lol? Using the odexed apk's from Paul's r6.1 release in my own build it appears to be working fine with no FC's, so maybe try those ones

Guest HunteronX

I've found out that whenever you use OpenGL in landscape, like in the cooliris 2.1 gallery or cubed media player from the market, all the graphics rendered in OpenGL get corrupted, and just look like a bunch of triangles.

Could someone try to fix this, by using a driver (libhgl.so I think) from G1 android 2.1 roms instead?

Guest hungary
I've found out that whenever you use OpenGL in landscape, like in the cooliris 2.1 gallery or cubed media player from the market, all the graphics rendered in OpenGL get corrupted, and just look like a bunch of triangles.

Could someone try to fix this, by using a driver (libhgl.so I think) from G1 android 2.1 roms instead?

OpenGL ES on 2.1 Eclair:

http://www.2shared.com/file/10740867/b3f8770e/libhgl.html

Root your phone, copy the libhgl.so to /system/lib/libhgl.so . Reboot phone.

Is it possible to put hungarian(or any other) languagepack back? As this version uses A2SD+ anyway, size is not the most important point.

I think a lots of us would appreciate it if we could finally use our phones with our own language.

Guest robertopero
Is it possible to put hungarian(or any other) languagepack back? As this version uses A2SD+ anyway, size is not the most important point.

I think a lots of us would appreciate it if we could finally use our phones with our own language.

I think we only need to copy it to the system/app folder with root explorer. Somebody please upload the HungarianPack.apk somewhere.

Edited by robertopero

Guest gusthy
i had today a s*** lots of reboots. Something is not working right here:( Im going back to MCR 1.7 again:(

A short question: do you have a synchronized gmail account?

Or more than one?

Guest Csöpi

only one. I had one reboot in my pocket. Then i had 2 while i was trying to write a mail. One when i tried to lock the screen, one after a phone call and one in the middle of the phonecall.

The screen freezes i cant do anything. And then the phone restarts.

Is there a core change for update 4? i was using update 2. Maybe i wait for update 5 tonight and try that one out. I'm really in to this 2.1 andrdoid stuff:D

Guest andreass4

found a problem:

always when an app (like root explorer or quickboot) ask for superuser permission it trys to open su request, but doesnt work... has anyone the same problem?

Guest goce.nakov
found a problem:

always when an app (like root explorer or quickboot) ask for superuser permission it trys to open su request, but doesnt work... has anyone the same problem?

Enable USB debugging then try again

Guest andreass4

hmmm... got another problem. cant get my position with the mobile network (didnt test gps yet) so also my weather widget isnt working ;)

is this a bug or do i make something wrong :)

Guest screwface
Bit confused, you say u want it working but then you say u've chucked it lol? Using the odexed apk's from Paul's r6.1 release in my own build it appears to be working fine with no FC's, so maybe try those ones

Ha thats what happens when you're insanely tired, i made 0 sense.

I've fixed it now anyways :)

Edited by screwface

Guest gusthy
only one. I had one reboot in my pocket. Then i had 2 while i was trying to write a mail. One when i tried to lock the screen, one after a phone call and one in the middle of the phonecall.

The screen freezes i cant do anything. And then the phone restarts.

Is there a core change for update 4? i was using update 2. Maybe i wait for update 5 tonight and try that one out. I'm really in to this 2.1 andrdoid stuff:D

Indeed, you probably didnt try JIT :) It is much smoother with that.

But many restarts ;)

Go back to MCR...

AFAIK there is no change in core, only polishing.

Guest goce.nakov

can we have voice typing at least back pls (don't need voice search, but voice typing is kinda cool future), and why on this keyboard buttons are much smaller then on the Bobo and Paul's ROM?

Edited by goce.nakov

Guest Simon Taylor
Thx ;) that was it :)

Oh my! I was finding this EXACT same problem with Louder Volume Hack (the LIFESAVER if you are a Pulse Owner who also listens to podcasts from the speaker on the phone around the house!) I can confirm, you are SO right.

Thanks so much

Guest Xudonax

I seem to have found a bug. When I try to connect to my school network (Eduroam, WPA2 Enterprise protection) the Android settings manager force closes. Not really a big deal, but still annoying :)

And another little problem, when booting the phone and entering the PIN code, the 0 is overlapped by the emergency call button. I can see this is a problem for users who have a 0 in their PIN code.

Guest masterpfa
Thank you... ;) I have U8230 and this firmware is working 100% super fast, and no crash or problems :D

I wish I was so lucky

So far I have had

1. FC after making a call

2. FC on Phone apk.

3. Unable to connect to Wi-Fi (Sitting alongside are a Hero and iPod Touch, both connected)

4.Random reboots

This is without adding or removing anything from the ROM/Phone

Complete wipe and SD card formatted with 512 of EXT 2 and Rest Fat32 (P.S. should it matter if ext partition is ext2 or ext3?)

:(

OK trying with ext3 partition, Wi-Fi connected at the mo.... back in a while! :)

:( android.process.acore

Edited by masterpfa

Guest biron_w

After saying i'd had no problems with this I had about 5 restarts within a couple of hours. I'm going back to MCR 1.7 for now until the official 2.1 release comes out.

Guest starkos
I wish I was so lucky

So far I have had

1. FC after making a call

2. FC on Phone apk.

3. Unable to connect to Wi-Fi (Sitting alongside are a Hero and iPod Touch, both connected)

4.Random reboots

This is without adding or removing anything from the ROM/Phone

Complete wipe and SD card formatted with 512 of EXT 2 and Rest Fat32 (P.S. should it matter if ext partition is ext2 or ext3?)

:D

OK trying with ext3 partition, Wi-Fi connected at the mo.... back in a while! :)

;) android.process.acore

Lol, ext3 shouldn't even work! What rom are you using & is a2sd definitely functioning when using ext3?