2.1 Vanilla based on r6

Guest Sh4d0w940

Guest Minus616

Hey

I'm having some problems with this (And the T-mobile version).

My data service isn't connecting, as in it wont come up using 3G or 2G networks, I can't access the net without wifi!

I'm using an O2 sim, could that be the problem? Does anyone have a fix for this? :)

Guest Daniel Williamson
Hey

My data service isn't connecting, as in it wont come up using 3G or 2G networks, I can't access the net without wifi!

I'm using an O2 sim, could that be the problem? Does anyone have a fix for this? :)

I think there was a post a while back about this, try searching for it ;)

dan

Guest Sh4d0w940
Hey

You probably just need to add the apn's for O2 in the settings.

Guest Rizzly
I'm majoring in advertising and I can say that: at semiotic (don't know the english equivalent ;)) point of view Pink on Black refer to Classy High-Tech Product. Altought from my personal point of view it only looks cool for the first 5 minutes, then it's starts looking very annoying :)

I'd have to agree, it was indeed a smart move of T-mobiles marketing department to make pink "their" color. Also, you instantly see it because it really screams out for attention (and this of course for various reasons wich you could write an essay about).

Well, that's enough off topic for me :D.

Guest JingleManSweep
then......3 reboots in the last hour for no reason! :) Wasn't even using the phone the first time, just felt the dreaded vibrate at boot lol!

I've noticed this too.

1) Flash any ROM

2) No reboots for about 10-15 hours

3) Random reboot

4) Next reboot after about 5 hours

5) Next reboot after about 2 hours

6) Next reboot after about 1 hour

7) Next reboot after about 30 minutes

8) Next reboot after about 10 minutes

I'm not sure what causes it, but it seems to get progressively worse after the initial 10-15 hour period, and I've even hard-powered-off sometimes, so whatever is causing the logarithmic delay between reboots must be persisted to physical state/media.

Guest le_lutin
Well, been using my own build for almost 24hrs now without a single FC or reboot & has been running very smoothly, then......3 reboots in the last hour for no reason! :) Wasn't even using the phone the first time, just felt the dreaded vibrate at boot lol!

Well at least we know the Pulse is actually capable of running Eclair smoothly, just wish they would hurry up & release a stable final!

I'm still using your release from a couple of days ago. The one with the adw launcher.

Its incredibly fast. Keyboard blazes along. Really impressed. BUT, as you've found out, it does reboot the odd time. I've had a few reboots while using opera which makes me think it's memory related.

Really like adw launcher.

Edit: actually, maybe you only released it yesterday and not a couple of days ago. Can't remember.

Edited by le_lutin

Guest MarcusHenrique
I'd have to agree, it was indeed a smart move of T-mobiles marketing department to make pink "their" color. Also, you instantly see it because it really screams out for attention (and this of course for various reasons wich you could write an essay about).

Well, that's enough off topic for me :).

It's indeed a smart move. A very risky, fortunately succeeded, one. But it still gets annoying for most of users after some time.

Enough off topic [2] ;)

Guest MarcusHenrique
I've noticed this too.

1) Flash any ROM

3) Random reboot

I'm not sure what causes it, but it seems to get progressively worse after the initial 10-15 hour period, and I've even hard-powered-off sometimes, so whatever is causing the logarithmic delay between reboots must be persisted to physical state/media.

As I own an U8220-6 symptoms differs but same end.

1) Flashed r6 + zeam

2) First 24 hours Perfectly fast

3) Started to get slower and slower as time passes

4) Uninstalled zeam

5) Fast again for the first 24 hours

6) VERY VERY VERY SLOW and getting slower each second.

Looks like hardware starts to fail for abusive use (SetCPU tweaks to run at maximum core speed comes to mind).

Guest goce.nakov

Btw guys, how I can add specific ring tone to a specific contact (in T-Mobile version it was easy) can't find it in Vanilla version

one more thing......I can't sync my accounts via the PC-Suite it's saying its unrecognized phone....I am conected to the PC and I'm seeing the contact's in the software ( under Phonebook) but when I'm opening contact's in the phone the directory is empty...tho it's saying sync sucesfull

Edited by goce.nakov

Guest le_lutin
I've noticed this too.

1) Flash any ROM

3) Random reboot

There must be some logging or debugging we can put in place to see what the cause of the crash is. Anyone any ideas?

Guest Rem1x
I've noticed this too.

1) Flash any ROM

3) Random reboot

As I own an U8220-6 symptoms differs but same end.

1) Flashed r6 + zeam

2) First 24 hours Perfectly fast

3) Started to get slower and slower as time passes

4) Uninstalled zeam

5) Fast again for the first 24 hours

6) VERY VERY VERY SLOW and getting slower each second.

Looks like hardware starts to fail for abusive use (SetCPU tweaks to run at maximum core speed comes to mind).

I've got these problems.

ROM was so stable yesterday. Now it's rebooting every 10 mins.

Guest starkos
I've noticed this too.

1) Flash any ROM

3) Random reboot

Yea it does seem that way, I'm starting to think the following reboots may be due to the ext2 partition (sure I read that it can't handle crashes but most likely wrong ha), so after the first it's unstable. I've just booted to recovery to repair ext2 anf fix uid mismatches & see if it continues to reboot often...

I'm still using your release from a couple of days ago. The one with the adw launcher.

Its incredibly fast. Keyboard blazes along. Really impressed. BUT, as you've found out, it does reboot the odd time. I've had a few reboots while using opera which makes me think it's memory related.

Really like adw launcher.

Edit: actually, maybe you only released it yesterday and not a couple of days ago. Can't remember.

It is a shame considering the general speed of these roms. In the end I made another rom yesterday & swapped adw for the vanilla launcher (like cupcake) and left more of the t-mob apps that didn't have branding, which felt really smooth. I then installed launcher pro beta off the market and am using that now.

By the way, did u install the framework update zip to change the status bar colour as that messed up my ability to install from the market :)

Guest Rem1x
Yea it does seem that way, I'm starting to think the following reboots may be due to the ext2 partition (sure I read that it can't handle crashes but most likely wrong ha), so after the first it's unstable. I've just booted to recovery to repair ext2 anf fix uid mismatches & see if it continues to reboot often...

It is a shame considering the general speed of these roms. In the end I made another rom yesterday & swapped adw for the vanilla launcher (like cupcake) and left more of the t-mob apps that didn't have branding, which felt really smooth. I then installed launcher pro beta off the market and am using that now.

By the way, did u install the framework update zip to change the status bar colour as that messed up my ability to install from the market :)

I have the same problem as JingleMan, but I don't use an ext2 partition.

Guest starkos
I have the same problem as JingleMan, but I don't use an ext2 partition.

Well that's my theory out ;) Shame as it would've been a relatively easy fix :)

Guest le_lutin

I still have the black status bar and gray dropdown. I prefer that tbh.

Also, I have the reboots, but I don't use adsd.

Edited by le_lutin

Guest MarcusHenrique
Well that's my theory out :D Shame as it would've been a relatively easy fix :)

I think my theory is up then ;)

Because it's logarithmic getting more unstable it could be only two things:

- Hardware failure (as I said, for abusive work)

- Don't know how it's cache works but could be the result of a sum of errors, crashes and force closes always increasing.

Guest MarcusHenrique

Ok, I'm downloading update 5 and it'll be my first vanilla 2.1.

Which Launcher you guys recommend, look vs. stability? Cause I really find vanilla launcher too simple :)

EDIT: Is upd 5 JIT enabled?

Edited by MarcusHenrique

Guest Epohax
Downloaded, extremely fast (3MB/s np). Will report.

Installed r5 just now, everything went fine, but just before the initial setup the Voice Search had to be force closed. I did a Nandroid backup and full wipe before the installation.

Certainly feels fast in every aspect.

Edited by Epohax

Guest starkos
I still have the black status bar and gray dropdown. I prefer that tbh.

Also, I have the reboots, but I don't use adsd.

Yea me too but I couldn't install market apps, which I think I now know the reason of. Unfortunately it required re-flashing to fix :)

Guest gusthy
Ok, I'm downloading update 5 and it'll be my first vanilla 2.1.

Which Launcher you guys recommend, look vs. stability? Cause I really find vanilla launcher too simple :)

EDIT: Is upd 5 JIT enabled?

It depends.

With JIT, vanilla.

Otherwise zeam or awd.