2.1 Vanilla based on r6

Guest Sh4d0w940

Guest goce.nakov
Download app "CacheMate" and report how much free cache-space the app tells you

Ecken...can you pls fix the calendar missing bug in R5 pls mate?

Guest eckengucker1
Ecken...can you pls fix the calendar missing bug in R5 pls mate?

sorry, I'm not the dev of these build... But maybe I can tell you how to :)

Guest JingleManSweep
Download app "CacheMate" and report how much free cache-space the app tells you

Downloaded the free version, but couldn't find how much cache free I had. I did click "Clear Cache" and it said that it liberated 7MB? Do I need the "Full Version"?

Guest JingleManSweep
tell tell tell PLX :)

To be honest, it is really quite simple to roll your own update package. I have a little work area with some pre-made shell scripts that package and sign everything ready for release. What operating system do you use? Windows? Linux?

Guest goce.nakov
To be honest, it is really quite simple to roll your own update package. I have a little work area with some pre-made shell scripts that package and sign everything ready for release. What operating system do you use? Windows? Linux?

At the moment im on Mac but at home win 7 (I will be doing that at home I guess)

Guest eckengucker1
Downloaded the free version, but couldn't find how much cache free I had. I did click "Clear Cache" and it said that it liberated 7MB? Do I need the "Full Version"?

I've "CacheMate for Rootuser"

It shows:

Total: 105 mb

Used 25 mb

Free: 79 mb

but I'm under [email protected].

Calendar solution (just a fix):

You've ofc to change into a folder which contains adb.exe

su
mount -o remount,rw -t yaffs2 /dev/block/mtdblock6 /system
cp -f /system/app/calendar.apk /sdcard/calendar.apk[/codebox]

than install calendar.apk like any other app from sdcard to your phone.

Simply moves calendar.apk from system/app to your sdcard :)

Edited by eckengucker1

Guest deadphill

Ok

I have installed the latest rom. I have wiped the sd card, partitioned with swap at 0mb, ext2 at 512mb and the rest to be used for fat.

When booting the phone it still will not boot past the android logo with the sd card inserted.

Any ideas?

Cheers

Phill

(yes I am still a noob as far as android is concerned!)

Guest JingleManSweep
CAN SOMEONE WITH OCCURING REBOOTS PLEASE POST A LOGFILE?

I'm waiting for my reboots to start again. I only flashed last night, so enjoying the grace period at the moment.

What logs do you require? Logcat is usually blank and "dmesg" doesn't give many clues either?

Guest eckengucker1
Ok

I have installed the latest rom. I have wiped the sd card, partitioned with swap at 0mb, ext2 at 512mb and the rest to be used for fat.

When booting the phone it still will not boot past the android logo with the sd card inserted.

Any ideas?

Cheers

Phill

(yes I am still a noob as far as android is concerned!)

Try to boot without sdcard

You've ofc to change into a folder which contains adb.exe

Can you pls explain this...I'm not much in to Linux :)

You can just use Windows.

Open the folder containing your "adb.exe". You can use the adb from http://loadbalancing.modaco.com/download.p...mb0k87f9c51eqg9

Change into the folder with

Windows-key+"R"

"cmd"

"cd /folder/with/adb/inside"

"adb command"

@Jingle:

The problem is, that I'm not very familiar with android-log and I'm still running 1.5 because I need a reliable phone.

Wayne, plase try first "adb bugreport"

BTW: How to enable logcat: http://developer.android.com/guide/develop...adb.html#logcat

Edited by Paul

Guest deadphill
Try to boot without sdcard

Lol thats what Im saying!!!

I can boot without it in but how do I make it boot with the sd card in!

Cheers

Phill

Guest robertopero

Is somebody know how can I change this ROM notifications panel or the clock color? Because white clock on white panel isn't the best choise.

Guest eckengucker1
Lol thats what Im saying!!!

I can boot without it in but how do I make it boot with the sd card in!

Cheers

Phill

create folder "sdcard" in "/" using "Root Explorer"

Is somebody know how can I change this ROM notifications panel or the clock color? Because white clock on white panel isn't the best choise.

I'll post a fixed services.jar as soon as I'm back @home...

Meantime you can do it for your own.

1. Connect phone using USB and check that you can see your device using: adb devices
2. in your SDK/tools directory from command line do: adb pull /system/framework/services.jar services.jar
3. Make a backup of the services.jar file that just popped in the tools folder just in case!
4. Download smali and baksmali from [url="http://code.google.com/p/smali/"]http://code.google.com/p/smali/[/url] and place them in the tools folder. Rename the files to baksmali.jar and smali.jar to save on typing later
5. Open the services.jar file with something such as winrar or 7zip or whatever you prefer
6. Copy out the classes.dex file to your SKD/tools folder
7. run following from command line: java -jar baksmali.jar -o classout/ classes.dex
8. Now browse to your new folders classout/com/android/server/status
9. Open the file StatusBarIcon.smali in something like notepad or context or any text editor
10. Locate a line that says: .line 46, under this line it should have something like:
const/high16 v6, -0x100
11. Change this to say: const/high16 v6, -0x1
12. Save the file
13. Now back to the command line and from your SDK/tools folder run: java -Xmx512M -jar smali.jar classout/ -o new-classes.dex
14. If the above finishes without errors you should have a file called new-classes.dex in your SDK/tools folder now that is the same size as your classes.dex file.
15. Rename the old classes.dex file to classes-old.dex and rename the new-classes.dex file to classes.dex
16. Open the services.jar file with your archiving tool again from step 5 and replace the existing classes.dex file with our new classes.dex we just created.
17. From command line run: adb remount
18. also from command line: adb push services.jar /system/framework/
19. Finally run: adb shell reboot[/codebox]

Edited by eckengucker1

Guest JingleManSweep

Read through that, and tried most things... When I type "adb logcat" it just sits there, not outputting anything. I've tried changing the buffer (radio, etc.) and the verbosity level, but still nothing...

$ adb logcat
$ adb logcat -b radio
$ adb shell setprop log.redirect-stdio true
etc.
etc.
[/codebox]

Guest eckengucker1
Read through that, and tried most things... When I type "adb logcat" it just sits there, not outputting anything. I've tried changing the buffer (radio, etc.) and the verbosity level, but still nothing...

$ adb logcat
$ adb logcat -b radio
$ adb shell setprop log.redirect-stdio true
etc.
etc.
[/codebox]

tried to restart your phone?

Guest deadphill

Is there a free version of root explorer available that I can do this with?

Cheers

Phill

Guest MarcusHenrique

This is the best 2.1 rom so far. Flashed it yesterday and I can't say I have issues with that.

Faster than 1.5 for sure! Congrats! :)

Guest eckengucker1
Is there a free version of root explorer available that I can do this with?

Cheers

Phill

You can try http://www.androidpit.de/de/android/market...droid-Mate-Free or just use google+"appxyz apk" :)

Another free explorer http://www.androlib.com/android.applicatio...id-pop-znE.aspx or "Astro File Manager"

Edited by eckengucker1

Guest robertopero

I'll post a fixed services.jar as soon as I'm back @home...

Okay, thanks.

Guest deadphill
You can try http://www.androidpit.de/de/android/market...droid-Mate-Free or just use google+"appxyz apk" :)

Another free explorer http://www.androlib.com/android.applicatio...id-pop-znE.aspx or "Astro File Manager"

Thanks for that mate.

There is a folder in / called sdcard already. I have just rebooted the phone and I now seem to be able to reboot! Go figure!!!

All I now need to do is to figure out how to get apps to install onto sd card after titanium backup and all is well....

(any help in this matter is appreciated btw!)

Cheers

Phill

Guest eckengucker1

FIXED WHITE CLOCK BUG:

Pah, had to install java-offline installer without administration rights. Damn workstation ^^

Shoudl work but isn't testet yet :)

How to install:

unpack services_jar.zip

adb remount
adb push path/to/services.jar /system/framework/
adb shell reboot[/codebox]

Services.jar-zipped attached ...

services_jar.zip