2.1 Vanilla based on r6

Guest Sh4d0w940

Guest goce.nakov
I wrote a fix...

You shure did m8 and im greatfull about that, but to be honest I just can't get it to work (maybe Im too noob about this all android thingy sense is my first android phone), and Im to shy to ask you to wrote step by step guide, so I have to wait new release.

Thanks anyway :)

Guest MarcusHenrique

Looks like my timebomb has been activated again.

After ~15 minutes of Prince of Persia I went back to homescreen and had a FC on adw.

From that on I can't have my homescreen back and nothing works. I keep getting FC's on android.process.acore and can't do anything about it. I've rebooted twice and didn't help it.

Going to flash it again, maybe reseting my timebomb. Will I break the 24hours barrier this time? :)

Guest Sh4d0w940
Looks like my timebomb has been activated again.

After ~15 minutes of Prince of Persia I went back to homescreen and had a FC on adw.

From that on I can't have my homescreen back and nothing works. I keep getting FC's on android.process.acore and can't do anything about it. I've rebooted twice and didn't help it.

Going to flash it again, maybe reseting my timebomb. Will I break the 24hours barrier this time? :D

Wait for update6 before flashing, it's coming shortly.

Edit: I will upload Update6 in a minute, but to give a short hint: http://www.greenecomputing.com/apps/linpac...pack-by-device/

Look by Pulse ;)

Edit2: It's by Legend also :)

Edited by Sh4d0w940

Guest Sh4d0w940
Fix calendar m8 pls pls pls :) love ya

I didn't really fix it (still no vanilla calendar) but I put the T-Mobile version back.

Because the vanilla apps from the nexus one won't work on the pulse and if i change the drawable files and resign and put back it won't work either.

So this is just a temporary fix, I will keep trying to get the vanilla and remove the pink ;)

Guest MarcusHenrique

Damn, I've already flashed v5 again =P

Don't worry I've just turned it off without loosing my time with any configurations.

Waiting for v6. But something tells me that V8 will be the strongest and fastest ROM. ;) :)

Edited by MarcusHenrique

Guest goce.nakov
I didn't really fix it (still no vanilla calendar) but I put the T-Mobile version back.

Because the vanilla apps from the nexus one won't work on the pulse and if i change the drawable files and resign and put back it won't work either.

So this is just a temporary fix, I will keep trying to get the vanilla and remove the pink :)

Btw here is another bug you may want to consider:

If your MP3 song that is atached as phone ring tone is located in the memory card, when you do something with USB or SD card (plug/unplug) after that the phone (or the phonebook) is confused (I'm asuming he cant find the song, either is still on the same place) the phone doesnt ring at all, so you need to do the procedure over again (find the song and tell the phone that is your default ringtone or contact ringtone)

I love your work, keep up

Edited by goce.nakov

Guest MarcusHenrique

Hey now that v6 is JIT enabled, should I stop using adw launcher? Or it won't make any difference?

Edited by MarcusHenrique

Guest phucte

for some reson superuser permissions (root access) doesn't work for me for app like barnanacle wifi tether :)

anyone else had this, it worked with pauls 2.1 rom

Edited by phucte

Guest masterpfa
But something tells me that V8 will be the strongest and fastest ROM. :D :)

;)

Wait for update6 before flashing, it's coming shortly.

Just finished smoothing update 5 out :(

OK update 6 here we come

Edited by masterpfa

Guest Sh4d0w940
I think i found i bug . I cant restore contacts or create new contacts , anyone have this issue ?

Restore from what?

Because when I filled in my google acc it synced my contacts right away.

I love that android feature :)

Guest gusthy
Hey now that v6 is JIT enabled, should I stop using adw launcher? Or it won't make any difference?

I think this is a typical try and error situation.

my experience is that zeam and adw slowed down the phone. but your mileage may vary.

Guest martinmax
Restore from what?

Because when I filled in my google acc it synced my contacts right away.

I love that android feature :)

At first ive tried with Sprite backup , than ive tried to create a new contact but nothing happens

Guest Speckles

Ok, I'm game.

Installed fine, Wizard FC'd near the end and restarted, then Acore FC'd, then Voice services, then it all seemed stable.

Until I connected the USB cable, then it locked solid. No buttons worked, screen remained on, button lights remained on. Had to remove the battery.

Now I'm back to 1.5.

Edited by Speckles

Guest gusthy
Ok, I'm game.

Installed fine, Wizard FC'd near the end and restarted, then Acore FC'd, then Voice services, then it all seemed stable.

Until I connected the USB cable, then it locked solid. No buttons worked, screen remained on, button lights remained on. Had to remove the battery.

Now I'm back to 1.5.

Wizard FC's if you configure gmail during init.

If you skip it, wizard runs correctly.

After that, when configuring gmail, it will FC again, but works correctly.

Guest Epohax

Installing r6 right now, with a nandroid backup but without a full wipe this time. Is this the proper way to upgrade r5 to r6?

My r5 behaved like most people's: first 12 hours are fantastic. After that, many reboots and even lockups.

Guest masterpfa

You lucky you got that far, mine is just hanging on the "Android" screen, not even reaching the Nexus One boot screen :)

Nandroid Restore to update 5 for now, as I have to go out now, retry tomorrow

Edited by masterpfa

Guest phucte

For some resson superuser permissions (root access) doesn't work for me for app like barnanacle wifi tether

It just stays on su request with a black screen.

I also tried reflashing :) on vanilla update 6

Edited by phucte

Guest Sh4d0w940
For some resson superuser permissions (root access) doesn't work for me for app like barnanacle wifi tether

It just stays on su request with a black screen.

I also tried reflashing :)

Enable USB debug in settings

Guest niko1986

Woot r6 is working :)

And i take back my instability claims before, after those 3 restarts its ran fine for over 5 hours on r5.

Edited by niko1986

Guest Speckles

Yeah, I skipped it the second time as it restarts anyway, so no biggee, but it would be even better if it didn't FC at all :)