2.1 Vanilla based on r6

Guest Sh4d0w940

Guest JingleManSweep
To enable logcat output on 2.1 you need to do the following:

adb shell

echo 1 > /sys/kernel/logger/log_main/enable

echo 2 > /sys/kernel/logger/log_main/priority

taken from http://android.modaco.com/content/t-mobile...ogcat-is-dumb/#

Cheers. I assume this is temporary as you are poking with SYSFS (e.g. /sys/kernel). Can we add this to startup on r7 of the firmware please? So we can all start submitting "logcat" dumps. Obviously, if/when we identify any issues and fix them, it can be removed?

Guest Jan M
To enable logcat output on 2.1 you need to do the following:

adb shell

echo 1 > /sys/kernel/logger/log_main/enable

echo 2 > /sys/kernel/logger/log_main/priority

taken from http://android.modaco.com/content/t-mobile...ogcat-is-dumb/#

I got logcat results without editing any files...just 'adb logcat'...too many reboots though so going back to 1.5...here's my latest logs...

dmesg2.txt

logcat2.txt

traces2.txt

Guest igor_anta

Has anyone seen this app: Swapper for Root v1.7? What does it bring to the table for us, will it improve the ROM and more importantly does it work like it should? I have it, created 200MB swap on my FAT partition and rebooted my phone. No errors but I have no idea if it works like it's supposed to. Cheers.

Guest gusthy

Swap is not enabled with this kernel.

Other interesting thing: The logarithmic reboot theory seems to fail as well.

My phone worked for around 10 hours, then started rebooting more and more rapidly, (finally in every 5 minutes), but finally it became stable again. It is running for around 2 or 3 hours again.

* edit: config:

- vanilla update6

- vm heap set to 32m

- cache clean in every 2 or 3 hours

- autokiller set to optimum

Edited by gusthy

Guest gusthy

after watching more than one hour of logcat, it seems that huawei is actually right.

Eclair suffers lack of memory.

when only two apps are running, batteryminder and barnacle, barnacle activity pushes batteryminder to low memory condition.

it is pernently garbage collecting.

it seems that the case when it reboots in every few minutes is caused by sqlite -its tables reach an incorrect state.

if the tables can be fixed by sqlite, the situation stabilizes. if not, not.

Edited by gusthy

Guest niko1986
after watching more than one hour of logcat, it seems that huawei is actually right.

Eclair suffers lack of memory.

when only two apps are running, batteryminder and barnacle, barnacle activity pushes batteryminder to low memory condition.

it is pernently garbage collecting.

it seems that the case when it reboots in every few minutes is caused by sqlite -its tables reach an incorrect state.

if the tables can be fixed by sqlite, the situation stabilizes. if not, not.

How do G1 ROM devs get around this issue. I would assume they have similar RAM limitations? I know they have some sort of RAM hack, I guess thats not a possibility in this case or else someone would have thought of it.

Guest Pq2son2

My pulse with this ROM works really fine without SD Card, like 17h without reboot.

The principal bugs are:

- No Data Service.

- No vibration.

- Connect the phone using USB (mount, dismount and other time mount) and the USB comes to be crazy and the Android all the time say "USB Connected...".

If I put other time the SD Card in 1h the systems reboots. Maybe a problem with A2SD?

Guest maiden30403
If this continues after applying the december update, I would return the phone under warranty.

Unfortunately this isn't an option, I bought the phone in the UK, took it back Ireland and unlocked it. Is it not strange that this is fixed with Pauls v2.1 and also my camera which refused to work with barcodes now works.

Guest gusthy
How do G1 ROM devs get around this issue. I would assume they have similar RAM limitations? I know they have some sort of RAM hack, I guess thats not a possibility in this case or else someone would have thought of it.

good point, i will check it

*edit: it seems it uses compcache.

I will download it to see if it is compiled as a kernel dependent module or not

Edited by gusthy

Guest Sh4d0w940

The g1 also has some ram for the gpu, and with the hack they can use that like the normal ram.

The pulse doesn't have that.

And like gusthy said it also uses compcache wich the pulse could use too. (at least in theory)

Guest goce.nakov
good point, i will check it

*edit: it seems it uses compcache.

I will download it to see if it is compiled as a kernel dependent module or not

Are you planning to release update mate or you will wait to see what is going to be with 2.2?

Guest eckengucker1

you've to compile compcache against the kernel. wherefor you could you the stock android kernel but the problem is, that till now we don't have drivers. These drivers are absofuckinlutly necessary for e.g. wlan or vibration.

I'll try to compile the 2.2 kernel with the 1.5 huawei drivers and compcache but I'm not sure that it will work.

Guest robertopero
I'll try to compile the 2.2 kernel with the 1.5 huawei drivers and compcache but I'm not sure that it will work.

I hope it will work! :rolleyes:

Guest gusthy
Are you planning to release update mate or you will wait to see what is going to be with 2.2?

It is far from releasing anything.

Currently I am trying to play with the kernel, in order to find out, if it is possible to add somehow swapfs, ramzswap xvmalloc and so.

Guest eckengucker1
It is far from releasing anything.

Currently I am trying to play with the kernel, in order to find out, if it is possible to add somehow swapfs, ramzswap xvmalloc and so.

proof me wrong but it's not possible adding components after compiling the kernel with "make"-command

Guest gusthy
proof me wrong but it's not possible adding components after compiling the kernel with "make"-command

no, linux has a modular kernel.

btw did anybody check android kernel git,if huawei occasionally checked in dtiver sources? 2.6.27 is opensource

Guest kevmaster
It should be A2SDless if you just don't make an ext partition on your sd card :rolleyes:

I made the sd folder in system, just like Paul did in r6.1.

Mine is based on r6 because I already made the folder before r6.1 and tested it: working :D

I am kinda new to this so can some one walk me trough how to install the ROM it would much appreciated

Guest goce.nakov
I am kinda new to this so can some one walk me trough how to install the ROM it would much appreciated

Search the forum mate...there is step buy step guide with and without pictures