2.1 Vanilla based on r6

Guest Sh4d0w940

Guest Sh4d0w940
Hi,

I am looking at installing a custom ROM and am wondering:

If I want to get rid of some of the stock apps, say the browser for example would it just be the case of unziping the rom, deleting the browser.apk and .odex?

If I wanted to then put another browser in (opera mini 5) would I then just put the .apk for that in the ROM in place of the browser?

Then i just have to zip and resign it?

Thanx

Aaron

Yes, that's how you do it. Just keep in mind some browser use the default htmlviewer like dolphin browser.

AFAIK Opera Mini doesn't need the standard browser to function.

Sh4d0w940

Guest Epic-Emodude
Yes, that's how you do it. Just keep in mind some browser use the default htmlviewer like dolphin browser.

AFAIK Opera Mini doesn't need the standard browser to function.

Sh4d0w940

Thanx

How do i go about signing it?

Also, am i right in thinking that the more free space for apps (free RAM) the faster the ROM will run?

Thanx

Aaron

EDIT: How can i get the .Apks for the Apps I want?

EDIT 2: Is there an easy way to change the default background from the t-mob thing whilst im editing the ROM

In another post i have seen people using things like panda hero and launcher pro. Is there a way i can put these into the ROM so they start up with the ROM as default?

Edited by Epic-Emodude

Guest Spooke

Installed ur latest version, at the boot menu now, nice boot screen :rolleyes:

Will update this post with how it goes from here..

Edit- It booted up quickly, just doing the start up setup..

Edited by Spooke

Guest Spooke
Did anybody try fixing the white clock on this rom?

I believe this was a problem with the 1.5 rom, where we wanted a black status bar and white text, but it was stuck as black, I think someone came up with a fix though, Il have a dig through for it

So far this Rom is great! feels speedy, I have had no FC so far.. good job!

Edited by Spooke

Guest Simon O
I believe this was a problem with the 1.5 rom, where we wanted a black status bar and white text, but it was stuck as black, I think someone came up with a fix though, Il have a dig through for it

So far this Rom is great! feels speedy, I have had no FC so far.. good job!

Cool. If there is a fix for this, it'll be nice to add to the rom. I wonder if framework needs editing.

Guest goce.nakov
Cool. If there is a fix for this, it'll be nice to add to the rom. I wonder if framework needs editing.

I think Ecken already tried with editing the frame work but the problems was when aplying the edited framework ROM the phone goes in to boot loop animation and doesn't even boot up

Guest Spooke

Mmm, well the rom just crashed on me, It was just in the menu sitting there.. :/

Edit- It crashed again, It still better than the stock 2.1 rom that crashes like every 5 minutes.

Edit2- Just crashed again lol, its getting worse and worse..

How can I get a log of what is happening??

Edited by Spooke

Guest Sh4d0w940
I think Ecken already tried with editing the frame work but the problems was when aplying the edited framework ROM the phone goes in to boot loop animation and doesn't even boot up

There are several problems, and that's one of them yes.

If you search google for fixes they all say to change .line 46 but that line is missing from our version.

If you edit an other line wich is very similair it results in a boot loop.

Sort of solution is to change the statusbar color, that should be possible altough when I tried it it also resulted in a boot loop.

Sh4d0w940

Guest eckengucker1
There are several problems, and that's one of them yes.

If you search google for fixes they all say to change .line 46 but that line is missing from our version.

If you edit an other line wich is very similair it results in a boot loop.

Sort of solution is to change the statusbar color, that should be possible altough when I tried it it also resulted in a boot loop.

Sh4d0w940

I've tried any solution and I wasn't able to fix it. Replecing the framework results in bootloop. Huawei-guys changed a lot. The only solution is to replace the background.

Guest goce.nakov

Running without any problems for 2 hours now...nice and smooth...if you only suceed to get vibration to work "me will love you long time" :rolleyes:

Guest Epohax

Just a stupid idea, but I have reboots every so many hours. However, during the night it has never rebooted. It will stay stable for hours and hours and my alarm will go off properly. I assume he will put himself in some kind of sleep state, and will stop using any outside signal (or he will use my wifi network instead of 3G?).

Anyway, not sure what point I want to make. Just noticing that during the night he survives, always, for a week now.

Guest ogiogi
This with launcherpro is smooth as silk, it's insane.

Seem like LauncherPro restarts, or takes time to appear, when going back to Home screen. Have you noticed?

Guest Rem1x
Seem like LauncherPro restarts, or takes time to appear, when going back to Home screen. Have you noticed?

Not yet, but I just installed the ROM/LauncherPRO, so that might be still to come :rolleyes:

Guest goce.nakov
This with launcherpro is smooth as silk, it's insane.

Much slower for me then the usual one (contacts and dialer opening much slower).......

Guest Rem1x
Much slower for me then the usual one (contacts and dialer opening much slower).......

The dialer opens here in a split second.

Guest goce.nakov
Is everything working out since the systematic cleanup of errors?

Just one FC on voice dial when restarting...no reboots so far (sense yesterday from 8pm)...much faster and smoother...sometimes when exiting maps home screen need more time to reload and you got FC but just push wait and everything its OK

Edited by goce.nakov

Guest eliotpoon

I tried all versions at all. Basically, the 2.1 for pulse is stable after the update 4 version. However, even the update 7 version, I found that if I installed any third party internet-related software, such as opera mini, MSN, Syncmypix, the system will restart randomly. When I uninstall them, the system became stable again.

Guest Pq2son2

Hi,

I'm from Spain and I have many problems with Data Service (no GPRS or 3G with 2.1), but I have wifi. Anyone have the same problem? I search if anyone has the same problem but I don't found anything.

Thank you.