2.1 Vanilla based on r6

Guest Sh4d0w940

Guest goce.nakov
Hi,

I'm from Spain and I have many problems with Data Service (no GPRS or 3G with 2.1), but I have wifi. Anyone have the same problem? I search if anyone has the same problem but I don't found anything.

Thank you.

Try to set manualy APN

Guest Pq2son2

I try to make it manualy and doesn't work. the APN Backup & Restore application and doesn't work too. I know that this versions is Beta, but in 1.7 Modaco work automaticaly, and I don't have anyproblem to make it works there. Is working fine for the T-Mobiles clients? work to some other non-client?

Thank you.

Guest goce.nakov
I try to make it manualy and doesn't work. the APN Backup & Restore application and doesn't work too. I know that this versions is Beta, but in 1.7 Modaco work automaticaly, and I don't have anyproblem to make it works there. Is working fine for the T-Mobiles clients? work to some other non-client?

Thank you.

That's strange, because in 1.7 Vanilla I have to set it manualy to work, but not in 2.1 and I'm on T-mobile network

Guest Pq2son2

Okey, now I found the problem I must to turn on the "Data Roaming" option into Mobile Network Settings Menu. I don't understand why... because I'm into my country but this solve the problem.

Thank you.

Guest Sh4d0w940
Just made an update which changes the framework-res.

I can upload it if you want, it's based off espresso graphics.

How did you go about changing the framework-res?

Because every try I make results in a boot loop :rolleyes:

Sh4d0w940

Guest LeoTheStyler

With update 7, does the phone still reboot ?

Sorry if you discussed this already and i missed it :rolleyes:

Thanks for the great work !

Guest niko1986

On R6 after a few days of use its become unusable and I was going to go back to 1.5. Before that I uninstalled Autokiller and changed SetCPU to max settings for the minimum speed. Also set a profile to lower the minimum speed to the lowest value during sleep. The phone is still unstable but resets much less often.

Leads me to think that Autokiller does good for awhile then perhaps over time begins to conflict with androids own memory management?

Guest Rem1x
Explain how to flas it pls mate and what I will get if I do that :rolleyes:

Haha, just flash it like any ROM, but it'll only effect the framework.

It basically changes the graphics to be like the graphics like the HTC Espresso UI, Black statusbar, etc. :D

Guest Blake Loring
Haha, just flash it like any ROM, but it'll only effect the framework.

It basically changes the graphics to be like the graphics like the HTC Espresso UI, Black statusbar, etc. :rolleyes:

Thanks! :-)

Guest -Yaya-

So i flashed the 2.1 Vanilla Rom and want to flash Rem1xs updated framework.

But every time I want to apply the updated framework it shows "install" for 1 sec and then Im back to the recovery menu.

WHy is that?!

Guest JingleManSweep

VANILLA 2.1 UPDATE 7 REBOOTED AFTER 1 HOUR OF UPTIME

Yes, I am running Vanilla 2.1 (Update 7), and my phone just crashed and restarted with only an hour or so uptime. Previous versions used to run without crash/reboot for at least 12 hours.

So, it appears that the latest "Update 7" hasn't resolved the reboot issue.

Guest niko1986

But every time I want to apply the updated framework it shows "install" for 1 sec and then Im back to the recovery menu.

WHy is that?!

Same here, tried to flash twice no effect.

Guest Daniel Williamson

WHy is that?!

Same here, tried to flash twice no effect.

You didnt wipe the 2.1 vanilla rom did you ? because this is simply to go over that, just install without a wipe. :rolleyes:

And also this is for Update 7 of the vanilla rom.

Dan

Guest ozren

For me everything is OK with this update for more than 20hours. Even this patch forks fine... I am happy as it is now but you could maybe look into the font for the date and a mobile network, they remain black on black background, but I can live without them, imortant thing is that clock is now visible. One other thing I have noticed is that phone is working much more stable and smother if I remove a clock widget of any kind. Not a single FC this whole time. Maybe this is an issue with launcherpro I am using, since it FC when I try Beautiful widgets home, but it allows any regular clock... it is just that then it runs a bit laggy.

P.S. I have just noticed that I cant mount SD card? On ver6 I could so dont know what is up with that!

Edited by ozren

Guest niko1986
You didnt wipe the 2.1 vanilla rom did you ? because this is simply to go over that, just install without a wipe. :rolleyes:

And also this is for Update 7 of the vanilla rom.

Dan

Installed update 7 then tried to apply the update and no effect.

Guest Rem1x

Alright I'll upload my update again soon, I'll resign it.

I just got new computer parts, so I'm playing with those right now :rolleyes:

Guest gusthy
VANILLA 2.1 UPDATE 7 REBOOTED AFTER 1 HOUR OF UPTIME

Yes, I am running Vanilla 2.1 (Update 7), and my phone just crashed and restarted with only an hour or so uptime. Previous versions used to run without crash/reboot for at least 12 hours.

So, it appears that the latest "Update 7" hasn't resolved the reboot issue.

Two questions:

- Did you do full wipe?

- Did you NOT use autokiller?

Guest Spooke
Two questions:

- Did you do full wipe?

- Did you NOT use autokiller?

I didnt Wipe Dalvik cache as it does not let me through recovery, my phone resets every 30-1 hours,

do you think that this could solve the rebooting (If I wipe dalvik cache by ADB)

I will try it later

Guest gusthy
I didnt Wipe Dalvik cache as it does not let me through recovery, my phone resets every 30-1 hours,

do you think that this could solve the rebooting (If I wipe dalvik cache by ADB)

I will try it later

I cant promise anything, my one works since yesterday noon w/o reboot.

Dalvik cannot be wiped with amon ra if it is not on the sd card.