Urvasi trial [UPDATE]

Guest amo

Guest gpedder

would it be illegal to upload the sd card contents for people to take a look at the proggy? I guess some people might find it interesting....

personally i think its a bit rubbish although i havent played with it too much

Guest Monolithix [MVP]

I got my pack through on Saturday it seems :lol:

Think i'm going to wander off to bed and play with it now...

Guest Firaas
would it be illegal to upload the sd card contents for people to take a look at the proggy? I guess some people might find it interesting....

personally i think its a bit rubbish although i havent played with it too much

It would be if you didn't have the express permission of the developers (i.e. copyright owners).

Guest FooFighterUK

Anyone know what music service this links to ?

The booklet from O just mentions an American service.

It would be nice to be able to have an app for the PC so I could boost my "Karma" a bit quicker, BTW what exactly does the Karma rating give you !

Also has anyone got problems logging in today ? Worked fine over the weekend but cant get connected today, GPRS is working fine as I can get to other sites, just not able to log in. A good start to their trial !!

Foo

Guest neilg

agree it would be good to be able to initially recognise the tracks from a PC but I guess this defeats the point for O - getting lots of GPRS revenue in the future. Personally getting really annoyed with it already. The database only seems to recognise all my chart music and none of my slghtly less known dance music (all from popular CD's though) and it is a pain going through each track in turn in order to add it to the list, would be good to select all. :x :x

Guest mantrac

Got my card this morning (Monday 7/4).

The app was inside.

I've installed it onto the SD card but each time I launch it, it gives me a warning, that in order for the software to recognise my SD card, the phone has to be restarted.

I restart my phone (even take the battery off) but it still wants me to restart it.

I can bypass this screen and I've managed to register and log on without a problem...

I haven't copied any tracks onto it yet but it'd be nice if I could get that nagging screen off my back...

Any one else had that??

Guest FooFighterUK

Mine did that to start with and now that I've loaded some music appears to be working OK.

Just found some UK members that have been registed since February, anyone know which program / service this is using ? There must be something available for the PC.

Guest simonastro

just loaded this music lounge and the first thing it does is

RECERT MY S*DDING PHONE !!!!

having had so much trouble decerting I am not a happy bunny.

don't think I will be any use to O as I don't listen to chart music

but if anyone wants a chat about post 1960 european and american free-improvised jazz

drop me a line

Guest simonastro

ps

if O want their 64mb SD card back they're gonna have to come round and get it!

having to set up my phone again is already too much trouble for this trial !

Guest spacemonkey

simonastro, you are aware that there is now an easier "official" way to de-cert your phone?

Look in development discussion, it's a sticky thread up the top

Guest neilg

shame that O do not provide an online feedback forum on the trial site to provide comment, this is the way things have been done with other trials I have done for other companies. You can also then raise bugs/features which the devpt team review.

So far I have:

1) SHould at least be able to register with PC to make things a bit quicker - no reason why couldnt put your phone number in so it would still be recogised when you dial up the service, or even use the orange.net profile and add the service to it.

2) Should be able to 'select all' from your local music list and add them all at once instead of one at a time (unless I am doing something wrong here)

3) Even if a peice of music is not in the DB if it has a valid tag from another database (eg Windows Media, ID3, Realaudio etc) then you should be able to add it (perhaps to a group call unverified?, so that O can check it is a valid tune)

4) SHould be able to add albums as albums not just individual songs. (And search, by album etc)

5) The program should search folders on the SD card so you dont have to put everything in the root drectory (eg I can copy a folder from MY MUSIC like Folder-Coldplay a rush of blood to the head, and it automatically finds all the MP3's in it from the SD card)

perhaps some of this is possible and I have missed it so far. so I wait to be corrected!

CHeers

:n)

Guest Chic0

I agree with those points mentioned Neilg. Especially no. 3!

I think what would also be good is that when you use the 'Find' song feature, it then brings up the usernames of people with that song in their favourites, but it doesnt take you to the exact page in the favourites. So if you want to find that song and add it to your list using the 'Use List' function, you have to go through their favourites songs page by page to find it.

Anyone contacted Orange yet to find out who incurs the GPRS costs?

Guest Monolithix [MVP]

Finally got time to play with it properly. Going to go look through the Manual thing now :lol:

(Happy birthday Clinteastman btw ;) (assuming you gave the real date))

Guest Monolithix [MVP]

Not sure.

BTW: i like after having to reencode all my mp3's to .wma for mediaplayer MusicLounge only has support for .mp3...

Guest Rob.P

I just recieved mine in the post today, after installing it I only have 23% of mem left on the phone, judging by the response so far it doesn't seem worth it, but will give it ago anyway.

Guest neilg

have to say the spped of the Music Lounge is pretty dire to, unfortunatly but I am trying to remember it is Beta and there is always a bit of pain in these things but it is our feedback that makes it better.

Has anyone worked out what service this? I cannot believe that it is possible to get 5, 10,000 points or more like some of the poeple on there on a mobile device (it would take years at the speed mine works!), the majority of users (assuming correct info) seem to be in the states too. Trying to find it out there somewhere think it might be something along the lines of http://rateyourmusic.com/community ????

Guest spacemonkey

They do state in the docs that it is joining a already existing american music community. This may also relate to the fact that some of our music isn't found, american tastes are quite a bit different to the UK.

I haven't played with mine much yet, but one thing that's a bit suss, is cos it's not integrated with a player it's basically telling the community that you play a song if you put it on your sd card, I presume the desktop users in the community "play" a song and therefore put it towards top 20 etc when they ACTUALLY play it on their pc.

It sounds like an OK tool if you get into that kind of thing and I'll play with it for the trial, but I really can't see the long term use I will get out of it myself...

Still, free SD Card :lol:

Guest Monolithix [MVP]

Yep ;)

On te suject of Karma...

If i were to copy over an identify all my mp3's (~3000), then rate then all, thats nearly 20,000 points already! :lol:

Guest neilg

Not a long term thing for me either really. ALthough I like to have a few tunes on the SPV to play if I am on a long trip or something and I do have a few MP3's sat on my PC to save carting my CD's around I am not especially bothered about rating music and unless the prices were very cheap on O I would stick to CD-WOW, PLAY, etc etc and good old Amazon for the more obscure stuff!

In any case I use my PC with a GPRS card as possibly the most expensive Radio1 player ever, especially on roaming GPRS (it does about 8 meg and hour at a decent sample rate).

Guest neilg

Mono, any idea that would take? Copy, go through list, rate on an SPV? I am guesing 3000 would probably take months of solid work, and probably 5 new SPV keyboards!! :lol: ;) - need to find the PC version!