Urvasi trial [UPDATE]

Guest amo

Guest mcfc2134

People in the US are using an online service called DotClick. My boss at work was interested in what service they were using so i asked "Nicole!!" Not actually searched for it yet tho!

Hope that helps

Guest Rob.P

Anybody connected to teh Music Lounge via a Pass Through on a network with a Firewall?

Reason I ask is that our firewall will not allow me to chat/note. Just thought I'd mention it.

I take it everybody else is suffering from the "Music database is offline".

Guest neilg

thanks for letting us know what service it is www.dotclick.com as you say, going to try and download now and see if I can log in with the orange details

Guest Chic0

Just tried logging in but cant even get to the login screen.Got feeling might have to download the software that it mentions first. Wont be able to do that till tonight as I'm at work. :?

Guest neilg

downloaded dotmusic and logged in using O ID but it isnt very happy, it seems to half work but i am not sure this is because of the O connection or if the servers are just dead. ill try and create a new profile just on the web version and see. (and if it works see if I can log onto this using the SPV)

Guest Chic0
downloaded dotmusic and logged in using O ID but it isnt very happy, it seems to half work but i am not sure this is because of the O connection or if the servers are just dead.  ill try and create a new profile just on the web version and see.  (and if it works see if I can log onto this using the SPV)

cool. Let us know what happens.

Cool avatar by the way! :lol:

Guest Chic0

OK.

During the whole 3months of this trial, do we HAVE to use Music Lounge? Is there a minimum amount of time that we have to use the software? The reason I'm saying this is cause once the unlimited GPRS runs out, I dont think I'll too keen on using the software anymore. I think it is a good concept, but it's just not ideal using it via SPV.

Got orange bill last week. Used over 200mb on my unlimited GPRS! Think that mainly becuase I been using it on my laptop to browse interent. :lol:

Guest neilg

guess we will get more instructions/things to try as time goes on. The way other trials I have done for other comnpaies has worked is that the more you contribute the better the incentives you get. If you dont log on I expect you just send everything back at the end of the trial - only guessing at this though.

Guest neilg

Hi all,

It all seems to be back up and running now so as promised some more feedback.

I can log in and out of the profile created on Orange and the profile created at www.dotmusic.com both on SPV and PC.

If you are logged onto dotmusic with PC just playing a few seconds of each clip seems to build your profile and add karma points (I am using realplayer).

It seems to give karma points for every pc track you play even if previously registered with O.

Still playing........

Guest neilg

chic0,

file is only 824K not too big.

btw the karma thing seems a little flawed as you may be able to tell by my total.......i cant help it mono.....i got hooked on the points...........! (cheated)

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Chic0

Anyone still regularly using the trial?

I downloaded and installed the dotclick software onto PC. I used it a few times but I've kind of got bored of the whole thing now.

I still havent recieved anything from Orange either notifying me of the focus groups. Anyone else not received anything?

Guest Rob.P

After intitial honeymoon period have got bored of it. It's not like it does much, just a glorified IM system with a theme. I think I was expecting too much, hence why I'm not that keen on it.

Guest neilg

ive pretty much given up too - dont think the SPV is really the ideal device for this kind of applicaion, although that is probably because i also have access to a pc 24x7, perhaps if you didnt then it might apply more.

That said as you need a pc to covert to mp3 and to put them on the card in any case it seems unlikely anyone would go the long way round to do this rather than just logging straight into dot music.

perhaps in the future when we are all buying our albums on SD Cards it ill make more sense.........:-)

Guest Jason Etheridge

I have,

Orange want me to goto Birstol and talk about it and stuff.

would have gone but my car failes it's MOT. ;-(

Oh well! ;-)

Take Care

Jase.

Guest Monolithix [MVP]

Can't say i was all that impressed myself. I also havent heard anything from Orange since the starter pack...

As has been said, its nothing more than ~another~ IM client really...

Guest neilg

HI all,

got the questionaire today which is really badly done! There was even one set of questions that said has music lounge made you use a whole bunch of services more, less, same, etc etc but there was no space to put in these different responses so you couldnt say if it was more or less or same etc!! Nice questionaire!

Anyway tried to answer it constructivly at least but i think the SPV is not really the type of device for this service- take too long to input music and to navigate the menus and write text and IM for this service.

CHeers

Neil

I agree with you - though I haven't looked at the questionaire yet. I haven't used it in ages. Might work on a PC, but I just got bored of it. There's just not that much too it and it's far to slow and painful to use. Even if they fixed the speed issues I still don't think it's ideally suited for a phone. Maybe if it was an established PC app (as apparently it is in the US) and you got addicted to it, you could put up with it, but I can't see it starting off on a phone platform.

Guest Monolithix [MVP]

As "amazing" as it is on a mobile phone, i bearly have time to listen to mp3's or watch DivX's, let alone search for people who like the same music as me (after reconverting all my /wma's back to mp3 so it detects them...).

The questionaire was shocking, too.

Guest spacemonkey

I answered the questionaire... one thing I liked, in the "other, please specify" boxes you were limited to a maximum of 20 characters, how in hells name can I specify with that.

Anyway, the software itself is poo and I told them so. If it ran offline as a catalogue of your music and played the music within Urvasi itself (and based it's favourite songs stats etc on what you actually played) then it might be a nice little piece of software...

The other interesting part of the survey was where they asked a whole heap of questions like, "would you pay for your urvasi service by a fixed fee or per-byte" "would you pay to chat by message or by chat session" "would you pay to download urvasi to your phone" "would you buy urvasi instead of some general chat mechanism". Hang on, the only way this thing will make Orange money is by giving it to orange customers to drive GPRS usage... I would pay jack for it, in fact if it was free I wouldn't install it.

DISCLAIMER - the trial version may differ from the final version... you never know, the final version may be good.

Guest spacemonkey

Well, I had my focus group... an interesting experience...

It was all fair enough and I could totally see what they were after and why they asked the questions they did... Unfortunately (and maybe I'm just too cynical) I don't believe they'll actually manage to turn the service into a genuine useful service for smartphone customers...

We'll have to wait and see though... they still spent a lot of time talking about pricing, but hang about, isn't Orange gonna make loads of money from the GPRS usage this app creates? I was a little dissapointed by the poor turnout, apparently there were supposed to be 8 of us there and only 3 turned up... bit slack...

Oh, well, they did "gimme da cassssssssshhhhhhhh" which is the main thing :)

Guest cmc2

Hey

I was with spacemonkey tonight at the focus group (well trio).

I felt we were given the opportunity to give our views to this Market Researcher he seemed to keep popping out to talk to the guys behind the glass* - maybe he was checking we were saying the right stuff!

(*There were Orange (I think) people behind a mirrored glass watching us)

He also showed us the keyboard which I had not seen before, but overall I think the 3 of us gave the impression that we werent that impressed.

Lets see what they do over the next few months with the trial - I don't mind attending another Focus group - specially with the incentive :)

Craig

p.s. Can the 2 others who attended PM me.