Android 2.2 Development

Guest eckengucker1

Ah yes. I just did that actually, sorry haha. It's all up and working now.

Though I don't think it likes my sd card much. It says "Blank SD card. SD card blank or has unsupported filesystem." in the notification bar. :/

Guest Simon O
Ah yes. I just did that actually, sorry haha. It's all up and working now.

Though I don't think it likes my sd card much. It says "Blank SD card. SD card blank or has unsupported filesystem." in the notification bar. :/

Nah that's normal for now. It's having problems mounting the SD card when it has been partitioned. I just shoved another SD into the phone whilst testing Froyo. That's another bug that should be fixed soon.

I've restored my 2.1 backup now. The market issue was annoying me and the problems with mounting partitioned sd cards meant that a2sd wouldn't work. There are a lot of apps that don't use the Froyo SD method yet.

Oh, so we can't access any apk files from our SD cards? :huh:

I need that to install my APN Backup & Restore app, to restore my APN settings otherwise I can't do much. ;) Dammit.

edit: nevermind, I'm restoring 2.1 now. I really, really hope 2.2 is fully working soon. I'd really like to get used to having all my texts right away etc. 2.2 felt so fresh and quick too. Mmm.

Edited by Willz

Guest Simon O
Oh, so we can't access any apk files from our SD cards? :huh:

I need that to install my APN Backup & Restore app, to restore my APN settings otherwise I can't do much. ;) Dammit.

edit: nevermind, I'm restoring 2.1 now. I really, really hope 2.2 is fully working soon. I'd really like to get used to having all my texts right away etc. 2.2 felt so fresh and quick too. Mmm.

Not unless you format the SD card :(

Guest totiadrenalin
thinking more about this market issue.. maybe it's because this rom has been compiled as a debug version rather than release version?

No more Market BUG!

Just use this!

Unzip and put in the sdcard

and than just install it.

But you will ned a super user permissions.

Which will lead to this:

Flash this

And you will be able to mount your sdcard without formating it.

And su on the other hand with Terminal emulator.

And than you know what to do with the market enabler.

to mount the sdcard just type:

su

mountsd

in the terminal

MarketEnabler_v3.0.8.zip

Edited by totiadrenalin

Guest igor_anta
It hasn't worked for me. Did the fix work for you?

Haven't tried the 2.2 build so can't say, but based on the experience with MarketEnabler on 2.1 it seems the results vary. I always select T-Mob US as the emulated network and it works, shows all the apps on the market, but I remember there were people that complained the app didn't work for them.

So flibble, try setting the network to US in Enabler and see if it helps. Great work guys, Tom G you should give T-Mobile and Huawei lessons on Android upgrades :huh: Cheers!

Guest Simon O

Seems to be an issue installing or moving apps to SD under Froyo:

09-02 03:23:42.508: DEBUG/VoldCmdListener(1068): asec create com.eolwral.osmonitor-1 2 fat {} 10025

09-02 03:23:42.681: ERROR/Vold(1068): Error opening devmapper (No such file or directory)

09-02 03:23:42.681: ERROR/Vold(1068): ASEC device mapping failed (No such file or directory)

09-02 03:23:43.251: ERROR/PackageHelper(2895): Failed to create secure container com.eolwral.osmonitor-1

09-02 03:23:43.251: ERROR/DefContainer(2895): Failed to create container com.eolwral.osmonitor-1

09-02 03:23:43.261: INFO/PackageHelper(1134): Forcibly destroying container com.eolwral.osmonitor-1

Vold issue again?

The other sensor that is presumably missing a driver is the compass. There are various options for that, Huawei's one in the 2.6.27 source at drivers/i2c/chips/akm8973.c and Motorola and HTCs ones on the AOSP site. HTC's one at http://android.git.kernel.org/?p=kernel/om...oid-omap-2.6.32 seems to be the cleanest code.

Kernel drivers aren't what we need at the moment (we are using a precompiled 2.6.29 kernel since we don't have source).

We need an application layer driver (libsensors). I'm hoping a modified passion driver will do the trick (I think the passion uses akm8973 for compass, accelerometers and temperature). I had a quick look at the passion sensor driver source last night and it looks promising. Up until now sensors have been very low priority.

I will take a look at the kernel source differences between the Huawei and HTC code, hopefully the implementation of akm8973 is the same in the kernel.

No protected apps in the market. Even after I use a fixed build.prop with a different fingerprint. Wiped all phone settings, cleared caches, did the checkin. Nothing seems to work :huh:

Did you do checkin (*#*#2432546#*#*) after changing the fingerprint?

here is a few fingerprint to try. I will have a play with them later (at work now and don't have gapps).

ro.build.fingerprint=verizon/voles/sholes/sholes:2.2/FRG22D/50454:user/release-keys

ro.build.fingerprint=verizon/voles/sholes/sholes:2.2/FRG01B/45394:user/release-keys

ro.build.fingerprint=htc_wwe/htc_bravo/bravo/bravo:2.2/FRF91/218634:user/release-keys

ro.build.fingerprint=google/passion/passion/mahimahi:2.2/FRF50/38042:user/release-keys

Seems to be an issue installing or moving apps to SD under Froyo:

Vold issue again?

Vold doesn't recognise the sdcard properly so anything it uses the sdcard for will fail. The sdcard fix that totiadrenalin has posted doesn't fix anything in the application environment (it just mounts the card in the underlying OS) so all sd features from within android (usb mass storage, format, unmount etc) I would expect to still be broken. For the application environment to recognise the sdcard vold needs to be fixed (or maybe some environment variable can be set).

Does it still do that with only a single fat partition on the card?

These roms are only intended as a development project. I will probably never include end-users programs (like Gapps). Hopefully people like flibblesan will one day use this rom as a base for their custom roms and will add all of the nice end-user bits.

Edited by Tom G

Guest Simon O
Kernel drivers aren't what we need at the moment (we are using a precompiled 2.6.29 kernel since we don't have source).

We need an application layer driver (libsensors). I'm hoping a modified passion driver will do the trick (I think the passion uses akm8973 for compass, accelerometers and temperature). I had a quick look at the passion sensor driver source last night and it looks promising. Up until now sensors have been very low priority.

I will take a look at the kernel source differences between the Huawei and HTC code, hopefully the implementation of akm8973 is the same in the kernel.

Did you do checkin (*#*#2432546#*#*) after changing the fingerprint?

here is a few fingerprint to try. I will have a play with them later (at work now and don't have gapps).

ro.build.fingerprint=verizon/voles/sholes/sholes:2.2/FRG22D/50454:user/release-keys
ro.build.fingerprint=verizon/voles/sholes/sholes:2.2/FRG01B/45394:user/release-keys
ro.build.fingerprint=htc_wwe/htc_bravo/bravo/bravo:2.2/FRF91/218634:user/release-keys
ro.build.fingerprint=google/passion/passion/mahimahi:2.2/FRF50/38042:user/release-keys[/code]

Vold doesn't recognise the sdcard properly so anything it uses the sdcard for will fail. The sdcard fix that totiadrenalin has posted doesn't fix anything in the application environment (it just mounts the card in the underlying OS) so all sd features from within android (usb mass storage, format, unmount etc) I would expect to still be broken. For the application environment to recognise the sdcard vold needs to be fixed (or maybe some environment variable can be set).

Does it still to that with only a single fast partition on the card?

These roms are only intended as a development project. I will probably never include end-users programs (like Gapps). Hopefully people like flibblesan will one day use this rom as a base for their custom roms and will add all of the nice end-user bits.

Yes I tried the checkin when I changed the fingerprint so I really don't know what the issue is. With 2.1 roms I just changed the fingerprint and wiped market cache and dalvik-cache and that was usually enough to force a market update. Something is obviously different with 2.2 but I don't know what.

I've swapped my SD card to a spare 2GB card and it has one partition. Android mounts it on boot but just can't save any apps to it from the market.

A small help for guys who want to make long-run test: Opera Mini is downloadable from Opera website too.

Edit:

And Market Enabler didn't solve the market issue.

Edited by gusthy

Guest niko1986
There are a lot of apps that don't use the Froyo SD method yet.

Not sure if it would work but afaik to enable the froyo sd its just a matter of adding some code to enable it.

I know theres a program by brut on xda to modify apks, theres also a modified version that does a few extra thinks like resigning.

EDIT: This sounds better? http://www.mydroidworld.com/forums/droid-d...2-sd-froyo.html

Edited by niko1986

i can't mount my sdcard with this

sumountsd

it says me that

mount:mounting /dev/block/mmcblk0p1 on /sdcard/ failed: Device or resource busy

why is that?

by the way I'm lovin' this alpha mod, it would be very great if i could mount the SD card and then I would have market and the other stuff i'm usually using

Edited by Sh4rky

Guest flip360

i noticed that the ringtones dont loop themselves, e.g. they ring just once for the lenght of the ringtone. Any reason why? Apart from that it stable and very much responsive, thanks Tom G again :huh:

I've been watching this thread pretty eagerly for a while now and I'd like to say good job

I can't test this because I need my phone at the moment so I can't install a new ROM which is annoying because I'm on the UK 2.1 which isn't receiving texts but I can't wait to try this

hopefully I'll play with my mates desire for a few minutes if I see him soon and see what it's like :huh:

I can not download this

Who can help me ?

upload another web site?

thank you

I've been watching this thread pretty eagerly for a while now and I'd like to say good job

I can't test this because I need my phone at the moment so I can't install a new ROM which is annoying because I'm on the UK 2.1 which isn't receiving texts but I can't wait to try this

hopefully I'll play with my mates desire for a few minutes if I see him soon and see what it's like :huh:

I can not download this

Who can help me ?

upload another web site?

thank you

OR send to me?

[email protected]

Froyo ROM 0.40

Changes

-----------

Fixed GPS

Fixed Wifi

Maybe fixed the Network unlock message (I don't get the message so can't test it)

Known Bugs

--------------

SD card doesn't mount correctly if multiple partitions

3G data doesn't work. See my previous post about chmod of netcfg to fix. I will look at including the fix in the next rom.

Wifi has some bugs (signal strength and link speed are reported incorrectly). These can probably be fixed by using wpa_supplicant for a 2.1 rom (I haven't tested). I will look at using a modified wext driver that implements these features correctly at some time.

Network selection doesn't work.

Not yet implemented

------------------------

Lights

Camera

Sensors (It looks like some of these may be shared with the HTC Passion, so a modified Passion driver might work).

I'm sure I've forgotten a lot.

Link: Froyo-Pulse-0.40

Let me know what problems you find :huh:

I can not download this

Who can help me ?

upload another web site?

thank you

OR send to me?

[email protected]