Android 2.2 Development

Guest eckengucker1

Guest rulerofkaos
Oh, it's working now? I couldn't mount my SD card without formatting it when I tried it the other day. :/

There's a fix to flash anywhere in the topic, then you have to open terminal and type

su

mountsd

and you can mount it at the settings.

For me this worked two days ago.

Guest flip360
I dont use the Market Enabler. If you see the video, no pay apps showing. I dont know why working for me, and why not for you. I think its some cache or network provider error (like i cant change my network, system give me scan error) First time the market dont work for me, after try some method to fix it, its working. I do nandroid backups, and its still working.

I cant find networks too, also your market has some pictures of paid or free apps seems like its another vending.apk? it works, i can see paid apps but some of the ones i used are not there

Guest Simon O
I cant find networks too, also your market has some pictures of paid or free apps seems like its another vending.apk? it works, i can see paid apps but some of the ones i used are not there

I'm using the original Vending.apk and I have all apps :huh:

I honestly do not know what I did to fix it. All I did do was extract the images provided by Tom G and made a flashable ZIP to install Froyo with the correct file permissions. I used one of the Cyanogenmod6 roms as the base and just replaced the files contained with the files from the Pulse Froyo.

Now there could be several reasons why it works:

1) The Froyo Pulse images are missing some valuable binaries that the market requires. I do not mean the Google Apps.

2) The incorrect file permissions caused the market to not work even with the correct fingerprints

3) Creating a flashable ZIP actually allowed the caches to be clear on boot which allowed the Android Market to read the fingerprint correctly.

Guest Csöpi

I honestly do not know what I did to fix it. All I did do was extract the images provided by Tom G and made a flashable ZIP to install Froyo with the correct file permissions. I used one of the Cyanogenmod6 roms as the base and just replaced the files contained with the files from the Pulse Froyo.

1) The Froyo Pulse images are missing some valuable binaries that the market requires. I do not mean the Google Apps.

2) The incorrect file permissions caused the market to not work even with the correct fingerprints

3) Creating a flashable ZIP actually allowed the caches to be clear on boot which allowed the Android Market to read the fingerprint correctly.

can u send me the flashable zip in PM? Wond uploading it anywhere. If u want i can give u some space to uploading it as well.

So, what am I doing wrong? I haven't changed anything (not even removed the -eng fingerprint) and the market works. I can see none-free apps and everything looks fine.

Guest Simon O
So, what am I doing wrong? I haven't changed anything (not even removed the -eng fingerprint) and the market works. I can see none-free apps and everything looks fine.

Honestly I don't know. It could be related to the cache.

BTW is there anything useful in the U8150 rom to help you?

Guest hungary

Im 100% on this is the reason:

BTW is there anything useful in the U8150 rom to help you?

Maybe, I had a quick look and didn't see anything useful.

The wifi hardware looks like it is different, so the wext driver (wpa_supplicant) won't be any good. As far as I know this is the first device with bcm hardware, but the U8220 eclair roms have bcm entries in init.rc, so I wonder how long they have been working on this hardware.

Maybe the camera driver might work, but I doubt it.

Vold might fix the sdcard mount problem, but I would rather find the problem and fix it in the source.

The ril driver might fix the broken network selection but I doubt it will work at all (firmware will be wrong).

I doubt the lights and sensors libs will be any good.

Edit.

Lights worked briefly but died after a reboot.

Sensors = crash.

Edited by Tom G

Guest totiadrenalin
Im 100% on this is the reason:

Me to.

Because until now, only netcfg has wrong permissions.

Well maybe there's some other wrong permissions, like the Livewallpapers?

But I guess that the APK is corrupted.

But acelometer works, the compas sensor drivers are correct, so maybe the problem is somewhere else.

I don't know where.

The camera? Well I hadn't look there.

Guest hungary
Maybe, I had a quick look and didn't see anything useful.

The wifi hardware looks like it is different, so the wext driver (wpa_supplicant) won't be any good. As far as I know this is the first device with bcm hardware, but the U8220 eclair roms have bcm entries in init.rc, so I wonder how long they have been working on this hardware.

Maybe the camera driver might work, but I doubt it.

Vold might fix the sdcard mount problem, but I would rather find the problem and fix it in the source.

The ril driver might fix the broken network selection but I doubt it will work at all (firmware will be wrong).

I doubt the lights and sensors libs will be any good.

Edit.

Lights worked briefly but died after a reboot.

Sensors = crash.

Lights working with 2.2 flashed over 2.1.

Me to.

Because until now, only netcfg has wrong permissions.

Well maybe there's some other wrong permissions, like the Livewallpapers?

But I guess that the APK is corrupted.

But acelometer works, the compas sensor drivers are correct, so maybe the problem is somewhere else.

I don't know where.

The camera? Well I hadn't look there.

Are you saying accel and compass work in froyo? How? Did you add a driver, because the rom doesn't have one in it.

The netcfg permissions are actual correct before doing the chmod. We are making them incorrect as a fix to the permissions problem we have. The chmod actually makes netcfg run as root, which probably isn't good.

Oh I think I know what you mean. The lights work for me without replacing any files.

I hadn't even noticed the problem was fixed.

I made a small change to the lights driver just before releasing the last rom. When I tested it I didn't think it had fixed the problem, but I didn't do a clean build, so it probably didn't recompile. I did a clean build for the rom release and it looks like the fix worked.

There has been interest in the past in getting the lights to flash for emails etc. I think that should be possible with a small change to the lights driver (direct green light to the same device as buttons).

Edited by Tom G

Guest Simon O
I made a small change to the lights driver just before releasing the last rom. When I tested it I didn't think it had fixed the problem, but I didn't do a clean build, so it probably didn't recompile. I did a clean build for the rom release and it looks like the fix worked.

There has been interest in the past in getting the lights to flash for emails etc. I think that should be possible with a small change to the lights driver (direct green light to the same device as buttons).

Perhaps running Froyo on a phone with the 2.1 update installed helps the lights work?

Oh and I'm not having much luck with the Huawei Froyo rom. The new device is obviously pretty different in terms of hardware. I'd like to buy one though.

Guest totiadrenalin
Oh I think I know what you mean. The lights work for me without replacing any files.

Can somebody tell why i can't connect on wifi with wpa secured password?

Only unsecured network.

Is there some problem with (wpa_supplicant) or only permissions problem?

I had to reconnect my laptop, netbook, and my PC, only to connect my phone to wifi.

And Can anybody tell me what do i need to change in the FIleManager.apk from 2.1 to be able to install it on froyo?

This is how does my wpa_supplicant use to looks like.

ctrl_interface=DIR=/data/misc/wpa_supplicant GROUP=system

update_config=1

network={

ssid="eXtreme4"

psk="04121982toti"

priority=1

}

network={

ssid="A-123"

key_mgmt=NONE

priority=2

}

network={

ssid="Aleks Computers"

key_mgmt=NONE

priority=5

}

EDIT:

eXtreme4 is my wifi network.

Edited by totiadrenalin

Guest rulerofkaos

Only unsecured network.

I had to reconnect my laptop, netbook, and my PC, only to connect my phone to wifi.

And Can anybody tell me what do i need to change in the FIleManager.apk from 2.1 to be able to install in on froyo?

update_config=1

network={

ssid="eXtreme4"

psk="04121982toti"

priority=1

}

network={

ssid="A-123"

key_mgmt=NONE

priority=2

}

network={

ssid="Aleks Computers"

key_mgmt=NONE

priority=5

}

EDIT:

eXtreme4 is my wifi network.

WPA2 Wifi worked for me, maybe it's your access-point?

Only unsecured network.

And Can anybody tell me what do i need to change in the FIleManager.apk from 2.1 to be able to install it on froyo?

update_config=1

network={

ssid="eXtreme4"

psk="04121982toti"

priority=1

}

network={

ssid="A-123"

key_mgmt=NONE

priority=2

}

network={

ssid="Aleks Computers"

key_mgmt=NONE

priority=5

}
EDIT: eXtreme4 is my wifi network.
Add
key_mgmt=WPA-PSK

to the eXtreme4 block.

Perhaps running Froyo on a phone with the 2.1 update installed helps the lights work?

No, lights work for me as well, I just hadn't noticed. :P

I just noticed a bug. The button backlight times out before the screen locks, if you touch the screen after the lights timeout but before the screen locks, the screen stays on but the button light are off.

Edited by Tom G

Guest totiadrenalin
Add

key_mgmt=WPA-PSK

to the eXtreme4 block.

Ok, But is this code necessary only in froyo, because this wpa_supplicant is from 2.1 FLB_mod 1.4.1 and wifi was working then with wpa security key and no problems.

Edited by totiadrenalin

Ok, But is this code necessary only in froyo, because this wpa_supplicant is from 2.1 FLB_mod 1.4.1 and wifi was working then with wpa security key and no problems.

I'm not sure if it was necessary before, but the wpa_supp conf on mine has it for a wpa ap.

Also check the ownership of wpa_supplicant.conf. If you pushed it with adb it will be wrong and you need to chown it. It should be system.wifi

I just did some googling about the SD problem and it looks like all froyo devices have issues with partitioned cards (its not just me configuring it wrong).

This doesn't mean it can't be fixed, just that I now know its not device specific.

Edited by Tom G

Guest jrodrigues

This is probably stupid... But you people all seem to have either the hungarian or the UK 2.1 releases... Would the portuguese 2.1 (for the 8230) be helpful in any way?