Android 2.2 Development

Guest eckengucker1

I actually think that it's time to release it for wider testing, if you remember well Paul released the WIP of the 2.1 beta as a flashable rom to the community. It's really not that bad as it is now, the bugs are not show stopping and it works as a phone, if I understood even better than the 2.1 versions.

So a WIP release with a TON of disclaimers and AT YOUR OWN RISK warnings sounds about right. All brave enough to give it a whirl will contribute with bug reports and such. Just packaged with the essential apps. Just my thought, I'm supportive even if you don't think this is a good idea.

Keep up the fantastic work by the way, really didn't expect things to start moving so fast. Cheers!

The problem is that the more people who have it, the more white noise bug reports you get in this thread.

Guest igor_anta
The problem is that the more people who have it, the more white noise bug reports you get in this thread.

Well yeah, that's why you put that in a new xxx-ROM WIP 2.2 Froyo thread. You may also discover new bugs that way. But like flibble said, maybe after rotation is fixed at least.

Guest Simon O
I can't see JIT working in the logcat jet.

JIT isn't working.

I'm also getting a problem using WPA/WPA2 secured wireless networks. Anybody worked out how to fix it?

Odd. I'm connected to a WPA2 wifi network and it works fine.

Guest Blake Loring
JIT isn't working.

Odd. I'm connected to a WPA2 wifi network and it works fine.

Ugh, I get connection rejected in logcat its telling me I'm using the wrong passkey (Which I'm not) - checking my wpa_supplicant it all seems to be correct...

Guest totiadrenalin
I can't see JIT working in the logcat jet.

I just try to push the cyanogen's dalvik vm and lib files. it's and up whit working jit.

no build.prop modification

Guest Simon O
Ugh, I get connection rejected in logcat its telling me I'm using the wrong passkey (Which I'm not) - checking my wpa_supplicant it all seems to be correct...

Are you using WPA2 enterprise?

Guest totiadrenalin
I just try to push the cyanogen's dalvik vm and lib files. it's and up whit working jit.

no build.prop modification

No.

After reboot anything goes back to non jit.

Guest totiadrenalin

About the Swap?

No progress yet!

# busybox.a2sd mkswap /sdcard/swapfile.swp

busybox.a2sd mkswap /sdcard/swapfile.swp

Setting up swapspace version 1, size = 33550336 bytes

UUID=c2b815ad-cd8e-4263-a37c-e51e45ae90d3

# busybox.a2sd swapon /sdcard/swapfile.swp

busybox.a2sd swapon /sdcard/swapfile.swp

swapon: /sdcard/swapfile.swp: Function not implemented

Guest totiadrenalin

Wish me luck.

I get boot with the /system/bin/dalvikvm, /system/lib/libdvm.so and /system/lib/libnativehalper.so from cyanogen's froyo rom.

First I get boot loop, but after wiping data and adalvik_cache from recovery mode I get working booted up froyo on pulse.

Now let's check the logcat to see if JIT comes up.

Guest totiadrenalin
Wish me luck.

I get boot with the /system/bin/dalvikvm, /system/lib/libdvm.so and /system/lib/libnativehalper.so from cyanogen's froyo rom.

First I get boot loop, but after wiping data and adalvik_cache from recovery mode I get working booted up froyo on pulse.

Now let's check the logcat to see if JIT comes up.

Hurey!

32,23 MFLOP/s

in 0.43 ms

in linpack

Guest flip360

can you pack the files and post them somewhere or is it from the hero rom? congrats on enabling jit, lets see if its stable

Edited by flip360

Guest starkos
Hurey!

32,23 MFLOP/s

in 0.43 ms

in linpack

32.23??? Are you sure about that as the normal figures are like 2.3 or something aren't they lol? It would be amazing if froyo could make that much of a difference :P

Guest totiadrenalin
Things are looking exciting in here! someone mind explaining to me what those numbers are and what jit is please? trying to learn more about this. :P

oh no!

23mb RAM free RAM in the system panel.

I would not say it's a good idea to be jit enabled.

Actually asphalt game gives me the force stop.

Guest totiadrenalin
oh no!

23mb RAM free RAM in the system panel.

I would not say it's a good idea to be jit enabled.

Actually asphalt game gives me the force stop.

maybe pulse has so little ram to stand the jit.

Guest AdamBaker

Tom - Could you retain all the files in /system/lib/hw/ from the same 2.1 ROM as you took the kernel from. It looks as though even since cupcake the interface for these libs has remained backward compatible.