Android 2.2 Development

Guest eckengucker1

Guest AdamBaker
The 2.1 camera driver might work. If it is included in the build it fails because of a missing dependency, but it may just be that I need to include another file. I haven't looked at it much. There is source for a qcom camera driver on codeaurora (it might even be in aosp), but it is missing headers.

Some people hacking on the HTC Tattoo found that libmmcamera.so/libmmjpeg.so/libmm-qcamera-tgt.so were all needed to satisfy dependencies

Guest McSpoon
cant pulse mini 2.2 libs be used? just a thought

That is a good point. Some of those U8150 libs could work.

Gjole86, did the camera work when you installed the U8150 ROM on the Pulse Mini? (I think the Pulse Mini has the same mt9t013_byd camera as the Pulse but I guess it depends more on whether those libs will work with the Pulse 2.1 kernel). It might be worth dropping the whole u8150 lib folder in and seeing what hardware works.

Guest Simon O
That is a good point. Some of those U8150 libs could work.

Gjole86, did the camera work when you installed the U8150 ROM on the Pulse Mini? (I think the Pulse Mini has the same mt9t013_byd camera as the Pulse but I guess it depends more on whether those libs will work with the Pulse 2.1 kernel). It might be worth dropping the whole u8150 lib folder in and seeing what hardware works.

They report the camera works but the camera button doesn't work. That should be an easy fix.

I'm giving the camera libs a test now. I'll report back.

Update: won't boot with libcamera_client.so and libcameraservice.so replaced. Anybody know what other libs these depend on? The only camera files in the Huawei rom are:

libcamera.so

libcamera_client.so

libcameraservice.so

libqcamera.so

Edited by flibblesan

Guest totiadrenalin
The libcamera.so and libcamera_cliend.so won't work from u8150, because the camera hardware is different.

And once again I get reboot after some application try to use the GPS.

Guest Simon O
And once again I get reboot after some application try to use the GPS.

What application? Did you check the logs to give us any idea what caused the reboot? GPS works fine for me. I've had no reboots at all with Froyo.

Edited by flibblesan

Guest totiadrenalin
What application? Did you check the logs to give us any idea what caused the reboot? GPS works fine for me. I've had no reboots at all with Froyo.

Fancy widget.

When I set to Use my location, and Use GPS location, anfter 1-2min. the gps icon blinking i get reboot.

EDIT:

But I can use My location in Maps with no problems.

Edited by totiadrenalin

Guest -=GriM=-

and i have newbie question))

If I edit this file: /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/scaling_max_freq it's help to overclock processor ??

sorry for my bad English

Guest Simon O
and i have newbie question))

If I edit this file: /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/scaling_max_freq it's help to overclock processor ??

sorry for my bad English

No. There will never be any overclocking on the Pulse until we are able to build our own kernel images from source code. We do not have the source code to build the kernel at the moment.

Guest Simon O
Is the missing sms bug fixed in 2.2? Maybe the memory management is better and android can't kill the sms service?

Yes/No/Maybe. Honestly at this early stage it is a complete unknown.

Guest Simon O
thahx for you great work TOM(and other forum member) !!!

but please upload next build of Froyo rom (with 2g/3g data transfer fix)

the information to fix the problem has been mentioned earlier in the thread. It's quite easy to do.

Yes/No/Maybe. Honestly at this early stage it is a complete unknown.

Actually this 2.2's memory footprint is much higher than 2.1's, but it is far from production quality.

Guest Simon O
Actually this 2.2's memory footprint is much higher than 2.1's, but it is far from production quality.

That'll be because it was built as a debug build. Once it has been built as a release build it'll be much better.

Guest taotaobujue
That'll be because it was built as a debug build. Once it has been built as a release build it'll be much better.

Thank you guys for the relentless effort!!!!

Can't wait trying this new 2.2 rom. When will it be available for download?

All the best

Guest Simon O
Thank you guys for the relentless effort!!!!

Can't wait trying this new 2.2 rom. When will it be available for download?

All the best

Once the camera is working and the SD mounting works properly so Froyo can install apps to the SD, then I'll consider a release. I'm running the current debug build on my phone and making sure there are no hidden bugs. So far the performance is just like the 2.1 roms and possible a bit quicker in parts. A non-debug build will certainly improve things more.

Guest Letterbox115
Once the camera is working and the SD mounting works properly so Froyo can install apps to the SD, then I'll consider a release. I'm running the current debug build on my phone and making sure there are no hidden bugs. So far the performance is just like the 2.1 roms and possible a bit quicker in parts. A non-debug build will certainly improve things more.

YAY! Soon FLB 2.2 would i say :)

dreamthought: Maybe you could do a rom for us who don't care about proper SD-mounting and camera :P