Android 2.2 Development

Guest eckengucker1

Guest Sh4d0w940
Failure at line 142: write_raw_image PACKAGE:userdata.img USERDATA:

Installation aborted.

(the first link is broken btw)

Ok, tbh I don't know why the userdata.img is included as a seperate file.

Inside it are some files without extension and an apk.

I'll upload a version without the userdata.img in a minute.

Sh4d0w940

Guest Sh4d0w940
yeas and they have been told not to creat one becouse people will intall and moan about known problems cousimg the forum to flod with alot of unnesesary question if im correct? so can you plz delet them ...

I didn't see a post saying that, but I also didn't read all 58 pages so I could've missed it.

If you can show me the post I'll remove it.

Sh4d0w940

Guest Fusion0306
yeas and they have been told not to creat one becouse people will intall and moan about known problems cousimg the forum to flod with alot of unnesesary question if im correct? so can you plz delet them ...

It's not about the ROM having bugs. We know that they exist. We are not "moaning". But there is a problem with the zip.

I didn't see a post saying that, but I also didn't read all 58 pages so I could've missed it.

If you can show me the post I'll remove it.

Sh4d0w940

Maybe you should write a disclaimer.

Something like this:

THE ROM IS NOT FINISHED, IT'S BETA AND WORK IN PROGRES. THE DEVS ARE WORKING ON IT AS WE SPEAK, SO BUG REPORTS ARE NOT WANTED.

BY DOWNLOADING THIS FLASHABLE ZIP YOU AGREE WITH THE FOLLOWING:

1) I WILL NOT SEND ANY BUG REPORTS AS I KNOW THAT THE BUGS EXIST AND THAT I WAS WARNED ABOUT THEM BEFORE!

2) I WILL MAKE A NAND BACKUP BEFORE FLASHING THIS ZIP THUS RELEAVING THE CREATOR OF THIS ZIP (Sh4d0w940) AND THE DEVELOPER OF THIS ROM (Tom G) OF ANY RESPONSIBILITY!

3) I KNOW THAT THIS ROM IS JUST FOR "LET ME SEE HOW FROYO LOOKS AND FEELS ON MY PULSE AND THEN BACK TO FORMER ROM-BACKUP" PURPOSE AND THAT IT'S NOT FOR EVERYDAY USE!

Edited by Fusion0306

Since I probably can't help much with the rom itself and since I've seen much people asking for a flashable zip I created one.

It is not tested so only try this at your own risk!

The fixes I included in this rom are from this post:

rikkiej, 5 Sept.

Here's the link: ONLY USE AT YOUR OWN RISK (had to say that twice :P )

(Temporary) removed

All credits go to Tom G :)

Edit: Added Dropbox Mirror

Sh4d0w940

That rom is only 46mb... and the hungarian one was over 100... are you sure that you did it correctly? Or is that how much we're saving? :(

Guest JohnPorter
A zip version of an alpha rom will open the floodgates to many people that expect things to 'just work' and complain when they don't. This happens on many forums with many different roms.

Once this work has reached a level where it's mostly working, and Tom has given permission for his work to be used in general release roms, then I'll happily package it up. But right now it's an alpha rom and Tom has mentioned several times that he wouldn't like this to be made into zips for easy installation.

I want everyone to have a working and stable Froyo rom running. Give us a few more weeks :P

Think this is the post in question. Let's give Tom G time to fix the remaining issues before we all dive into installing this.

Guest Sh4d0w940
That rom is only 46mb... and the hungarian one was over 100... are you sure that you did it correctly? Or is that how much we're saving? :)

Yes, I noticed that too but it is about the same as Tom's version so I guess it's ok :P

Sh4d0w940

Guest fredewis
It's not about the ROM having bugs. We know that they exist. We are not "moaning". But there is a problem with the zip.

the developers and other working member talk about not creating a flashable zip due to this bringing people to download it and making them want to report ugs that we know are there but they dont ......this will fill this topic with un nesesary quesion anoying some of the developers....if im correct

Guest Sh4d0w940
Think this is the post in question. Let's give Tom G time to fix the remaining issues before we all dive into installing this.

Ok, I've removed the links.

fredewis: please edit the quote, thanks

Sh4d0w940

Guest fredewis

thanks mate and yes this is the post and we have agreed is the best way on takling the problems

Guest rulerofkaos
Woop woop, got Darktremor a2sd working. Might attempt to move onto this ROM full time.

How? I patched the vold (so SD mounted without any problems) and flashed Darktremor a2sd, but it didn't find the sd mount point.

Guest fredewis
Woop woop, got Darktremor a2sd working. Might attempt to move onto this ROM full time.

i personally am exited about how this rom has most on so fast cant wait for beta hehe

How? I patched the vold (so SD mounted without any problems) and flashed Darktremor a2sd, but it didn't find the sd mount point.

You need to add some hooks in init.rc, which is part of the boot.img ramdisk and is a pain to flash. You also need to install busybox and symlink it to grep, because a2sd uses grep to figure out when it's being launched at boot.

I've uploaded my edited boot.img here:

http://www.postyourangst.com/stuff/boot-new.img

You also need to install the darktremor a2sd flash zip, as well as doing:

adb push ./busybox /system/xbin/busybox

adb shell ln -s /system/xbin/busybox /system/xbin/grep

Edited by Josh04

Guest totiadrenalin
Ok, I've removed the links.

fredewis: please edit the quote, thanks

Sh4d0w940

Let's just wait for some time.

Follow this thread for all the fixes of the bugs in this rom, and when Tom (who is the developer of the froyo pulse),

will decide that the rom is stable enough , then why not build your own .zip format rom?

Feel free to open a new thread with your own. Zip rom then.

Otherwise every Bug that you fix it, I think it would be fair enough to write about it, and also to facilitate Tom.

And nobody is forcing you to remove the links, or to stop you building flash-able zip rom.

But it's even for you own, and then for everybody else's good.

Edited by totiadrenalin

Guest Sh4d0w940

Maybe I will make a seperate thread later.

First I have to try the zip myself and fix the bugs I can.

If I fix any new bugs or find other things that could prove usefull I'll post it here.

Sh4d0w940

Guest totiadrenalin
Imho I'm for the signed-zip alpha idea, say what features are included (and which not), and let people test these features.

I thing It's still not ready for alpha release.

Just let the camera, and video preview been fixed.

And then why not.

Not alpha, but Beta release, or RC1.

:P

Guest igor_anta
I don't think a separate thread would be a terrible idea.

It seems everyone forgot about the 2.1 beta roms :P We had more than a few version's and all of them had bugs and what not. But people posted new bugs, each rom developer had a new fix as time went on and we ended up with a stable version (well some dispute that it's that stable:)) when the official 2.1 got out.

People on this forum know what they're in for, they know what's stable, what works and what doesn't cause they can read the disclaimers that the developers (should) put in the beginning of their topic :(

So it is kinda insulting to say "don't release it they don't know how to handle it", it should be all about sharing and then the user's personal choice whether to risk or not. If you check this thread you can see more than half of the posts are either pleas to release the rom or reasons why not, so a floodgate of bug reports is still more useful than this, and a new thread for said rom is the way to go.

Just my opinion, it's all up to Tom, flibble or anyone that thinks they can build a rom with all the fixes implemented if they want to make a release. It is a community project after all even though Tom is leading the way :)

Cheers!

Guest fredewis
Imho I'm for the signed-zip alpha idea, say what features are included (and which not), and let people test these features.

i my self dont have 2.2 but i think the developers should have the last say and thats is final at the moment releasing any zip will couse chaos just like in many other forums ...im as exited as everyone but waiting the best we can do to help.

Guest Richard_Arkless

I agree with this also, isnt the whole point in an open and public development in people installing it at their own risk and to test it for themselves, the only way for normal users not to use it would be to keep it private and not post it

Im testing 2.2 now and its amazingly fast even with all the google apps, but it is unstable, I have probably had 3 reboots so far but great work none the less to all you people who helped

im probably gonna keep it on there for a couple of days and if I dont like it then ill restore from my nandroid backup which I done before hand

Edited by Richard_Arkless