Android 2.2 Development

Guest eckengucker1

Guest totiadrenalin
Maybe I will make a seperate thread later.

First I have to try the zip myself and fix the bugs I can.

If I fix any new bugs or find other things that could prove usefull I'll post it here.

Sh4d0w940

A little suggestions about your zip rom.

First. Remove jit from data.

If anybody try the a2sd jit command it'll break the rom.

It won't boot eny more. That's because this jit is made for eclair and not for froyo.

Second. Like Josh04 said.

You need to add some hooks in init.rc, which is part of the boot.img ramdisk and is a pain to flash. You also need to install busybox and symlink it to grep, because a2sd uses grep to figure out when it's being launched at boot.

I've uploaded my edited boot.img here:

http://www.postyourangst.com/stuff/boot-new.img

You also need to install the darktremor a2sd flash zip, as well as doing:

adb push ./busybox /system/xbin/busybox

adb shell ln -s /system/xbin/busybox /system/xbin/grep

And third. Check that any of the bug fixes in this thread are included in your rom.

And wait for the next build of the froyo from Tom with Jit enabled.

But I would sugest you to put your project under test build, until the froyo is ready for all of the folks who have pulse and could end up to this forum and put your roum in there's phones.

Guest Epic-Emodude

It won't boot eny more. That's because this jit is made for eclair and not for froyo.

And third. Check that any of the bug fixes in this thread are included in your rom.

But I would sugest you to put your project under test build, until the froyo is ready for all of the folks who have pulse and could end up to this forum and put your roum in there's phones.

Since its been a while since 0.4 was released and so many fixes and patches have been found since then, would it not make sense to wait untill 0.5 is realeased with all these fixes and more (e.g. JIT enabled) which means less work for the rom maker, and all the patches will be there. Then you can check it with TOM G aswell that its ok to make the ROM.

Aaron

Guest totiadrenalin
Just Check this stuff!

Now Tom G !

About the Video Preview and camera!

Check this link.

for mdp http://code.google.com/p/gaosp/issues/detail?id=2 some things

+ need some modifications in drivers/video/msm/mdp_ppp.c

I thing it could help you.

E/copybit ( 1014): copyBits failed (Invalid argument)

D/copybit ( 1014): 0: src={w=320, h=480, f=0, rect={0,25,320,10}}

D/copybit ( 1014):	 dst={w=320, h=480, f=0, rect={0,25,320,10}}

D/copybit ( 1014):	 flags=00020000

D/copybit ( 1014): 1: src={w=320, h=480, f=0, rect={0,35,24,184}}

D/copybit ( 1014):	 dst={w=320, h=480, f=0, rect={0,35,24,184}}

D/copybit ( 1014): 2: src={w=320, h=480, f=0, rect={312,35,8,184}}

D/copybit ( 1014):	 dst={w=320, h=480, f=0, rect={312,35,8,184}}

D/copybit ( 1014): 3: src={w=320, h=480, f=0, rect={0,219,320,261}}

D/copybit ( 1014):	 dst={w=320, h=480, f=0, rect={0,219,320,261}}

E/libagl  ( 1014): copybit failed (Unknown error: -22)

E/copybit ( 1014): copyBits failed (Operation not permitted)

D/copybit ( 1014): 0: src={w=320, h=480, f=0, rect={242,0,72,25}}

D/copybit ( 1014):	 dst={w=320, h=480, f=0, rect={242,0,72,25}}

D/copybit ( 1014): 1: src={w=320, h=480, f=0, rect={6,25,308,160}}

D/copybit ( 1014):	 dst={w=320, h=480, f=0, rect={6,25,308,160}}

E/libagl  ( 1014): copybit failed (Unknown error: -1)

Really close log as I get in log cat when I try to play video and open the camera app.

The bug they have there is in eclair, but I really thing that this could be very helpful to you..

Edited by totiadrenalin

Guest fredewis

lol this is madess im waiting for people to bring their swotds and shield and go to war lol so mutch dilema i think WE SHOLD WAIT FOR THE DEVELOPERS for a GO AHEAD. befor anything is done

Guest The Innocent X

Please don't release an easy way to flash this froyo version. IMO people are very selfish and greedy and don't care about other peoples hard work, they just want everything now. If a release was made, there would be no real discussion in this thread becuase of all the moaning about the bugs, questions abou this and that. And no it is not a community project because there are 3 people doing useful stuff an 100 people freeloading off them. Therefore those actually doing more than hitting F5 every 5 minutes get to make the decisions, and the rest of us live with it, or get off our arses and help.

If you are really passionate, find out some stuff for yourself, and then you can install it yourself.

Maybe I will make a seperate thread later.

First I have to try the zip myself and fix the bugs I can.

If I fix any new bugs or find other things that could prove usefull I'll post it here.

Sh4d0w940

Good idea! Well if you do make sure you include full instructions for it, don't want people bricking their beloved pulses! :P

Guest fredewis
Please don't release an easy way to flash this froyo version. IMO people are very selfish and greedy and don't care about other peoples hard work, they just want everything now. If a release was made, there would be no real discussion in this thread becuase of all the moaning about the bugs, questions abou this and that. And no it is not a community project because there are 3 people doing useful stuff an 100 people freeloading off them. Therefore those actually doing more than hitting F5 every 5 minutes get to make the decisions, and the rest of us live with it, or get off our arses and help.

If you are really passionate, find out some stuff for yourself, and then you can install it yourself.

FINALLy I HEAR SOME SENCE LOL +1

Which kernel this boot-new.img is based on?

Guest igor_anta

Just check the last 10 pages or so and see how many of the comments are actually constructive :P

Personally I'm sick and tired of flashing a new rom every hour, whether for theming test or new versions, quite happy with FLB 1.4 for now, but people obviously can't wait. So a new thread with a alpha/beta rom would actually take the load off of this one, all bug reports will be there and this will remain a pure development thread, as it was when it was opened and as it should be.

An even if all you do is report a single bug that no one saw to the developers you still contribute, so it is a community project, every single thing on this forum, whether it is theme porting, new rom releases, they are all helped by the entire community, there just have to be people that are leaders and we know who they are and thank them for everything they did.

Cheers!

Guest totiadrenalin

I Agree with you totally.

So let stop with this madness. This thread is for developing purpose, not for making conversations.

People invent instant messengers for that purpose.

Edited by totiadrenalin

Guest The Innocent X
An even if all you do is report a single bug that no one saw to the developers you still contribute, so it is a community project, every single thing on this forum, whether it is theme porting, new rom releases, they are all helped by the entire community, there just have to be people that are leaders and we know who they are and thank them for everything they did.

Bug reports are fairly useless at the stage when there are so many knwon breaking bugs. Many bugs may have a common cause, and anyway the main developers already have bugs enough to fix, and so probably wouldn't read the other thread anyway.

Anyway, enough derailing.

Guest totiadrenalin
Try:

adb remount

adb push C:\android\DeskClock.apk /system/app/DeskClock.apk

Flibb. Why just not letting everybody to read the previews posts, and not answer the same question a 100,000,000 of times?

You and Тom have much larger borne.

Edited by totiadrenalin

Just been playing around with the 8150 rom and got to the point where it boots, displays the ideos loading logo and then displays a system error in chinese (attached if any chinese speakers would care to translate?)post-617995-1283891710_thumb.jpg, if this is likely to be of use I can email it to someone to look at.

This was produced using the xda kitchen, deodexing the rom, adding the uk 2.1 boot.img and removing a few apps/ringtones etc.

Edited by rjm2k

Guest flip360

i agree totaly. Everybody needs to find their head and do something else until the developers release a Beta version.

Have some respect for Tom and the others, if it wasn`t for him you wont be trying to repack anything right now.

Edited by flip360

The HU one included in Froyo-Pulse-0.40.zip.

It would be useful to repack it with UK and build together with fibblescan's network fix, since now this to patches cannot be installed together.

Guest JohnPorter

Wouldn't it be better to have one team working on a rom till it can be classed as final and ready for us all to us and then allow others to create their own variants based on that rom, then we all have a choice of roms that should be stable etc

Guest MikeRame
i agree totaly. Everybody needs to find their head and do something else until the developers release a Beta version.

I did repack this as a ROM, i did add and remove and find out bugs or apps or whatnot, but you dont see me go like " I WILL MAKE A ZIP FOR YOU DONT WORRY" do you?

Have some respect for Tom and the others, if it wasn`t for him you wont be trying to repack anything right now.

have a nice day (night).

Sorry for the OT i was "moved" with the caring of other members here.

Seriously, stop. Please.

It would be useful to repack it with UK and build together with fibblescan's network fix, since now this to patches cannot be installed together.

Can you point me to the fix? Doing it will take like five minutes, I can do that.

Guest AdamBaker
The don't know what the camera problem is, but you may want to look at the codeaurora source instead of aosp, the interface may be different. When I started all of this if the camera library was included the build would fail when linking the camera stuff. After porting the audio from codeaurora (which also needed a lot of other stuff) it now compiles successfully with the camera library included but the rom is not bootable.

When I have some time I will do a build on some old source and let you know what the compile error was, and also let you know what the boot error is now.

Its using the stub driver as it won't boot any other way. I don't think copying libraries straight into the rom will work, it seems like a new build is required.

It looks as if the interface is the same in aosp and codeaurora but codeaurora hasn't picked up the include file name change. It would be good to see the errors you are getting. Is the github you are intending to upload the code to the one at http://github.com/TomGiordano/device-pulse ? If so it appears to not even contain the aosp code yet, have you forgotten to do the push?

Guest Simon O
Just been playing around with the 8150 rom and got to the point where it boots, displays the ideos loading logo and then displays a system error in chinese (attached if any chinese speakers would care to translate?)post-617995-1283891710_thumb.jpg, if this is likely to be of use I can email it to someone to look at.

This was produced using the xda kitchen, deodexing the rom, adding the uk 2.1 boot.img and removing a few apps/ringtones etc.

Basically it means system has force closed. I had the same issue. Forget about the U8150 rom as it won't ever work on the Pulse. It barely works on the Pulse Mini.

You may be able to get it to work more if you start swapping files about with another Froyo rom but it won't be worth it.