Android 2.2 Development

Guest eckengucker1

Guest Sh4d0w940
I Find something interesting about the market.

Just edit the build prop, and replase the fingerprint with the passion fingerprint.

# Do not try to parse ro.build.description or .fingerprint

ro.build.description=passion-user 2.2 FRF85B 42745 release-keys

ro.build.fingerprint=google/passion/passion/mahimahi:2.2/FRF85B/42745:user/release-keys

# end build properties

With the root explorer or via adb delete the /data/data/vending data, and /data/dalvik-cache/the vending class.dex

then reboot into recovery and re-flash the google apps zip.

After that you can use the market enabler and trick your phone that you are under t-mobile us operator.

And that's all.

The market app will have full functionality.

The market enabler is only for non eu, country's, like Macedonia for example.

The fingerprint trick is the same as filbb did in his eclair flb mod.

True, I did this too in the zip I uploaded (and removed).

I edited the build.prop and changed some stuff like .fingerprint and .model and so on.

Sh4d0w940

Guest totiadrenalin
True, I did this too in the zip I uploaded (and removed).

I edited the build.prop and changed some stuff like .fingerprint and .model and so on.

Sh4d0w940

And for better wifi functionality, and to enable the wifi tethering use the flibble kernel.zip

Hi just put the modified .29 uk kernel to work on froyo and put the huawei's /system/wifi.

So there won't be anymore missing binares, and NAT transaction fault.

And

I nicked the JIT-enabled dalvikvm from Cyanogen-mod and got a cool 3.197 on Linpack :P

Check it out:

http://www.greenecomputing.com/apps/linpac...pack-by-device/

(Ignore that it says U8150 in the fingerprint - I've been trying to get some apps to show up in the market)

WOW! Really?

I could get 3.86 in FLB MOD 1.4.1

That's not some Jumbo Numbers.

With froyo we should get even better.

But TOM!

I'm wondering if somehow you could add the openGL improvements?

Because now pulse have the same opnGL limits 1.0 as it had with eclair.

Maybe this could help you OpenGL in G1?

Now the MAX_CLIP_PLANES = 0

Ok the display have only 320x480 pixels and 65K colors, But G1 has the same display, even so the same touchscreen controller (synaptics_rmi_cypres 2000).

And the Qualcomm MSM7500 can do it better.

the The Q3Dimension MSM7500 render : 01.02.08 0 4.0.0

If somehow you could enable the openGL 1.1 support it would result with better 3D perfomances.

And I still thing that in theory it would be possible to enable the OpenGl 2.0 support.

Best Regarts, And Wish you all the best!

TOTI

Guest totiadrenalin
I nicked the JIT-enabled dalvikvm from Cyanogen-mod and got a cool 3.197 on Linpack :P

Check it out:

http://www.greenecomputing.com/apps/linpac...pack-by-device/

(Ignore that it says U8150 in the fingerprint - I've been trying to get some apps to show up in the market)

1 Josh04 3.368 Pulse 528.0MHz Google/U8150/U8150/U8150:2.2/FRF91/eng.huawei.20100817.160628:user/release-keys

?

Really.

As fare as I know Tom release the froyo FRF85B, and not FRF91.

How do you thing that the core apps will be compatible with FRF91?

To get better linpack "numbers" not only that we need the better openGL perfomances, but even to overclock the CPU.

And to do that Tom need the .29 source code for pulse.

Licke for example this G1 one.

1 15.577 T-Mobile G1 1200.0MHz verizon/voles/sholes/sholes:2.2/FRG22/46998:user/release-keys.

This guy has done a lot of hacking in the rom.

Edited by totiadrenalin

I Find something interesting about the market.

Just edit the build prop, and replase the fingerprint with the passion fingerprint.

# Do not try to parse ro.build.description or .fingerprint

ro.build.description=passion-user 2.2 FRF85B 42745 release-keys

ro.build.fingerprint=google/passion/passion/mahimahi:2.2/FRF85B/42745:user/release-keys

# end build properties

With the root explorer or via adb delete the /data/data/vending data, and /data/dalvik-cache/the vending class.dex

then reboot into recovery and re-flash the google apps zip.

After that you can use the market enabler and trick your phone that you are under t-mobile us operator.

And that's all.

The market app will have full functionality.

The market enabler is only for non eu, country's, like Macedonia for example.

The fingerprint trick is the same as filbb did in his eclair flb mod.

I did it but didn't help. Which version of gapps did you use? (Mine is gapps-mdpi-FRF91).

Fibblescan mentioned here previously, that FRF91 fixes only security issues over FRF85B.

1 Josh04 3.368 Pulse 528.0MHz Google/U8150/U8150/U8150:2.2/FRF91/eng.huawei.20100817.160628:user/release-keys

?

Really.

To get better linpack "numbers" not only that we need the better openGL perfomances, but even to overclock the CPU.

And to do that Tom need the .29 source code for pulse.

Licke for example this G1 one.

1 15.577 T-Mobile G1 1200.0MHz verizon/voles/sholes/sholes:2.2/FRG22/46998:user/release-keys.

This guy has done a lot of hacking in the rom.

Like I said, I've been messing with build.prop to try and get the market working. I took the fingerprint from the U8150 2.2 ROM, but it hasn't really helped. I also changed FRF84 to FRF91 for the same reason, but no dice - I haven't compiled my own Froyo.

Fancy sharing how you did that? :P

I took dalvikvm, libdvm.so and libnativehelper.so from Cyanogen 6, then hexedited libdvm.so to replace "cache" with "data/" which is a bit of a hack, then adb push-ed them over their normal ones. I'm not going to upload the files, because there really isn't anything holding JIT back in this ROM, we're just waiting for Tom G to have time to recompile with the right flags.

Guest Simon O
Fibblescan mentioned here previously, that FRF91 fixes only security issues over FRF85B.

Yes, that's right. But it's worth changing build.prop to declare the build as FRF91 purely for compatibility.

I'm sure I've had better scores with JIT enabled on 2.1. Didn't really have any problems either (although I was flashing the phone regularly at that point) - might be time to try it again! But it didn't improve the actual usability of the phone.

I'll be waiting until the guys who know what they're doing think 2.2 is ready for the Pulse. If I was them, I'd be getting pissed off at some of the 'help' they're getting. :P Just my opinion...

Guest daveycarter
Yes, that's right. But it's worth changing build.prop to declare the build as FRF91 purely for compatibility.

First off, great work Fibble, Tom, etc

Have been following this thread avidly since the first post and it seems like "some of the post trying to help" are just fishing for pointers. We are seeing the same questions repeated and the same "mistakes" being helpflly put back on the right track.

Is it time to start a new thread that is purley and updated state of play for everyone to check out each day to see what progress is made.

If not, does anyone want to take any bets how long its going to be on how long it is before some bright spark tries to sort out the camera driver issue, only to be reminded by Tom G that the drive is just a stub driver and thats why they are getting errors............

Dave :-|

Guest Simon O
If not, does anyone want to take any bets how long its going to be on how long it is before some bright spark tries to sort out the camera driver issue, only to be reminded by Tom G that the drive is just a stub driver and thats why they are getting errors............

Dave :-|

Tom already mentioned that a few times :P

Guest totiadrenalin
Tom already mentioned that a few times :P

Flibble.

I thing that it's about time for you and Tom to start a new thread only for the remaining camera, video playback, and appsOnSd issues.

And left this thread behind. Because this has become a madness here.

If I was Tom I would certainly outraged and would have left the project.

Instead of helping him, all of us are just distracted Tom, by fill personal problems, and not to find a way how to help him

to find a way to fix the another few remaining bugs.

Guest Simon O
I'm wondering if somehow you could add the openGL improvements?

Because now pulse have the same opnGL limits 1.0 as it had with eclair.

Maybe this could help you OpenGL in G1?

Now the MAX_CLIP_PLANES = 0

Ok the display have only 320x480 pixels and 65K colors, But G1 has the same display, even so the same touchscreen controller (synaptics_rmi_cypres 2000).

And the Qualcomm MSM7500 can do it better.

the The Q3Dimension MSM7500 render : 01.02.08 0 4.0.0

If somehow you could enable the openGL 1.1 support it would result with better 3D perfomances.

And I still thing that in theory it would be possible to enable the OpenGl 2.0 support.

Best Regarts, And Wish you all the best!

TOTI

The CPU can only support a max of OpenGL ES 1.1. It's a limitation of the GPU core.

Guest daveycarter
Flibble.

I thing that it's about time for you and Tom to start a new thread only for the remaining camera, video playback, and appsOnSd issues.

Instead of helping him, all of us are just distracted Tom, by fill personal problems, and not to find a way how to help him

+1. Start a thread for just the final issues and let anyone mucking about trying to frig some sort of half arsed version of 2.2 from yours & tom' s (and others - you know who you are ;-)) postings get on with it and bounce ideas off each other.

Tom, if you are reading this, it truly is great work. I'm and old fart working in ICT and project manage several financial systems, if I had 2 of you working for me, I could get most of my projects done in about a quarter of the time!! Instead I now appear to have 10 slackers LOL.

But seriously great work Chaps. Keep it up but please start a new thread focused on the remaining issues only. Everyone else can sort out there own crap with Flash, Jit, benchmarks and anything else thats a distraction.

Roll on the beta ROM !!!!

Dave :-)

P.S. - Sorry for sounding like a grumpy old man but am off work ith a back injury and have sod all else to do but surf the net most of the day. Phone is one of my indulgences and only bout it to mess around with as a bit of a project whilst I and laid up. :P :)

Guest MikeRame
Flibble.

Funny thing: there are actually less useless "bug report"/"personal problem"/"release plz" posts than useless "Don't report"/"don't release"/"leave britney...err TOM G alone" posts.

Funny thing: there are actually less useless "bug report"/"personal problem"/"release plz" posts than useless "Don't report"/"don't release"/"leave britney...err TOM G alone" posts.

Yeah, the fact of the matter is that if we're going down the 'useful' route, the only 'useful' posts are those by Tom G - who I have enough faith in to assume that he won't be offended by people discussing his good work.

Guest flip360
Yeah, the fact of the matter is that if we're going down the 'useful' route, the only 'useful' posts are those by Tom G - who I have enough faith in to assume that he won't be offended by people discussing his good work.

+1

Guest MikeRame

That's not what I'm talking about. It's been stated that there won't be a flashable zip of this ROM anytime soon, due to the expected flood of repeated bug reports, etc. From time to time someone still requests one, and this is when bunch of people replies the same things again and again leading to the chaos they wanted to prevent. I can't consider this as a discussion of the good work, but a nonsense.

Guest Sh4d0w940

I also don't think he'd feel offended, and the number of useless post is not really bad for a subject like this.

Also, if you look at the rom he has made already and compare that to what i.e. Huawei did with 2.1 you'd see what an accomplishment it is.

One person who outreaches a dev team in so little time :P

Sh4d0w940

Guest Fusion0306
I also don't think he'd feel offended, and the number of useless post is not really bad for a subject like this.

Also, if you look at the rom he has made already and compare that to what i.e. Huawei did with 2.1 you'd see what an accomplishment it is.

One person who outreaches a dev team in so little time :P

Sh4d0w940

+1

Respect, Tom G!

Guest totiadrenalin
+1

Respect, Tom G!

Hey guess what?!

Copybit.msm7k.so is reportingthat theres some mystace in the /dev/graphics/fb0.

I so I thing so that the error I get (E:/copybit ( 128 ): copybits failed (operation not permited)) when I start the camera app

is because In the debuger I get an Error. (Error not msm7k frame buffer, and Error opening frame buffer, and copybits failed in /dev/graphics/fb0.)

All this is pointing to missing or wrong configured graphic drivers.

I'm not expert inlinux kernel and drivers for linux, but I hope so that I would help you with this information.

I'm finally starting to understand git. Most of the code changes are now up on github. The only thing missing is the device config and some changes to the manifest.

I've removed a few of repos from the manifest that shouldn't be needed for our hardware, but because of some mistakes in device config the build is currently failing. Once that is sorted out I will get the device config up.

I had planned on eventually adding things like busybox to the build, but after looking through the CyanogenMod git repos it looks like I can add busybox and few other things just by including the CyanogenMod repos in my manifest, so that will simplify things a bit (less code for me to maintain).

I need to write a script to extract the proprietary files needed as I won't be including them in the git repo.

The rest of the code and a new rom should be up tomorrow. With all of the comments in this thread recently I haven't kept track of what all the problems are and what fixes have been suggested, so a lot of the problems from the last rom are probably still in there. After the release of this next rom I would like to start using the github issue tracker (see link in my sig). It should make it easier to track each individual issue. Discussion should continue in here, but issues/bugs should be reported on github.

Guest totiadrenalin

And hell Yeah.

Last nigh I was massing with the synaptics_rmi_touchcontroller's firmware, by flashing it via (smart card) - (Universal BOX).

And I managed to split the control of the i2c rmi touchcontroller.

Now the touchscreen is recognising both of my fingers, but the drivers can't handle.

Now when I put 2 fingers in the Multitouch Visualizer app I can controll the "X" with one finger, and the "Y" with the second finger.

But separated controls not confusing them. Now I only need patched touchscreen drivers to split the control of both X and Y on the two fingers separated.

Edited by totiadrenalin

Guest David Horvath

Do we have the drivers source code? I remember that somebody was trying to hack it, so i assume yes we have. Thats good news than! With the speed of Froyo and multitouch, we have a very nice phone :P