Android 2.2 Development

Guest eckengucker1

I have flashed 0.5 rom

but it can not be worked by using this

It is for 0.45, because 0.5 already contains busybox, so you can remount /system by typing

mount -o rw,remount /system

adb remount

adb shell

chmod 6751 /system/bin/netcfg

Yes, thats what you can do on 0.5

For 0.45 it obviously doesn't work, first you have to root phone by flashing su recovery, then remouning /system with the command I mentioned above, then this chmod.

Guest AdamBaker
any ideas? Busybox fails to compile completely. If the folder is removed then my build fails with the error in the previous post.

That's what I got too. I commented out the check for if the CYANOGEN_BIONIC flag was set

diff --git a/Android.mk b/Android.mk
index c8cb674..6a86911 100644
--- a/Android.mk
+++ b/Android.mk
@@ -17,8 +17,8 @@ KERNEL_MODULES_DIR?=/system/modules/lib/modules
BUSYBOX_SRC_FILES = $(shell cat $(LOCAL_PATH)/busybox-$(BUSYBOX_CONFIG).sources) \
libbb/android.c

-ifeq ($(strip $(CYANOGEN_BIONIC)),true)
- ifeq ($(TARGET_ARCH),arm)
+#ifeq ($(strip $(CYANOGEN_BIONIC)),true)
+# ifeq ($(TARGET_ARCH),arm)
BUSYBOX_SRC_FILES += \
android/libc/arch-arm/syscalls/adjtimex.S \
android/libc/arch-arm/syscalls/getsid.S \
@@ -26,8 +26,8 @@ ifeq ($(strip $(CYANOGEN_BIONIC)),true)
android/libc/arch-arm/syscalls/swapon.S \
android/libc/arch-arm/syscalls/swapoff.S \
android/libc/arch-arm/syscalls/sysinfo.S
- endif
-endif
+# endif
+#endif

BUSYBOX_C_INCLUDES = \
$(LOCAL_PATH)/include-$(BUSYBOX_CONFIG) \
[/codebox]

and then it built - not actually loaded it on the phone yet though.

Guest Epic-Emodude
Can anyone help me with the camera? you can see the attachment what happens on my screen when i turn the camera on.

The camera doesnt work yet... Its a known bug. I think someone said that TOM G hasn't put a camera driver in.

Guest daveycarter
No i'm not see my post.

This post is littered with posts like this and the answer is......................

There is no camera driver. Its just a stub driver. The camera will not work but feel free to try and get it working.

:P

Guest Holograph

I can download & Install things from the Market, but alot of apps aren't showing up. So I installed Market Enabler, and tried to enable the T-MO US Market, but it's saying: 'We got a problem Houston...'

I use the 0.5, what am I doing wrong?

Guest Fusion0306
I can download & Install things from the Market, but alot of apps aren't showing up. So I installed Market Enabler, and tried to enable the T-MO US Market, but it's saying: 'We got a problem Houston...'

I use the 0.5, what am I doing wrong?

I don't know why everyone gets all pumped up when something doesn't work? It's a work in progress and it's not meant to be used on day to day basis. If you want froyo on Pulse, that's cool. So do I.

Right now I'm setting up my APN's. And it looks good. But yes, some things don't work and the guys here are trying their best to figure out those bugs and than we'll have a fully working froyo.

We should really start a new thread and reserve a couple of first posts. And there, in red, will say: This is version x.xx and the bugs are: jgh dfgjkd efgj

Thanks to the devs :P

Edited by Fusion0306

any ideas? Busybox fails to compile completely. If the folder is removed then my build fails with the error in the previous post.

Thats the same error AdamBaker was getting. Its strange because CYANOGEN_BIONIC is set in BoardConfig.mk and it builds fine for me.

I didn't realise busybox is needed for bash, but you could remove bash as well if it keeps giving you trouble.

rm -r external/busybox/

rm -r external/bash/

rm -r external/libncurses/ <----- needed for bash

Guest AdamBaker
Sure. Give me some time to upload them.

links removed

Tiny or full?

Tiny contains Amazon MP3 Store, Genie Widget, Google Search, Maps, Market, Setup Wizard, Google Talk, Voice Search, Youtube

Full contains all of the above plus extras like Car Home, ChromeToPhone, Facebook, Google Voice, Passion Quick Office, Twitter

We really ought to be writing scripts to use adb to pull these from a 2.1 phone or to use unyaffs to pull them from a nandroid image (or an UPDATA.APP if possible) as these apps are not freely distributable.

okay great script working now; attempting build. cheers tom!

bum! not building!

============================================

PLATFORM_VERSION_CODENAME=REL

PLATFORM_VERSION=2.2

TARGET_PRODUCT=generic

TARGET_BUILD_VARIANT=user

TARGET_SIMULATOR=false

TARGET_BUILD_TYPE=release

TARGET_BUILD_APPS=

TARGET_ARCH=arm

HOST_ARCH=x86

HOST_OS=linux

HOST_BUILD_TYPE=release

BUILD_ID=FRF91

============================================

build/core/main.mk:290: implicitly installing apns-conf_sdk.xml

build/core/copy_headers.mk:15: warning: overriding commands for target `out/target/product/generic/obj/include/libpv/getactualaacconfig.h'

build/core/copy_headers.mk:15: warning: ignoring old commands for target `out/target/product/generic/obj/include/libpv/getactualaacconfig.h'

host C: acp <= build/tools/acp/acp.c

host C: libhost <= build/libs/host/CopyFile.c

host C++: libhost <= build/libs/host/pseudolocalize.cpp

host C: libclearsilver-jni <= external/clearsilver/java-jni/j_neo_util.c

host C: libclearsilver-jni <= external/clearsilver/java-jni/j_neo_cs.c

host C: libneo_util <= external/clearsilver/util/neo_rand.c

host C: libneo_util <= external/clearsilver/util/ulist.c

host C: libneo_util <= external/clearsilver/util/neo_hdf.c

In file included from /usr/include/features.h:354,

from /usr/include/stdlib.h:25,

from build/tools/acp/acp.c:11:

/usr/include/gnu/stubs.h:7:27: error: gnu/stubs-32.h: No such file or directory

from /usr/include/sys/stat.h:27,

from build/libs/host/include/host/CopyFile.h:5,

from build/libs/host/CopyFile.c:11:

from /usr/include/c++/4.2/x86_64-linux-gnu/32/bits/os_defines.h:44,

from /usr/include/c++/4.2/x86_64-linux-gnu/32/bits/c++config.h:41,

from /usr/include/c++/4.2/string:45,

from build/libs/host/include/host/pseudolocalize.h:4,

from build/libs/host/pseudolocalize.cpp:1:

make: *** [out/host/linux-x86/obj/EXECUTABLES/acp_intermediates/acp.o] Error 1

make: *** Waiting for unfinished jobs....

make: *** [out/host/linux-x86/obj/STATIC_LIBRARIES/libhost_intermediates/CopyFile.o] Error 1

make: *** [out/host/linux-x86/obj/STATIC_LIBRARIES/libhost_intermediates/pseudolocalize.o] Error 1

As I said in the instructions, Android doesn't build well in 64-bit environments. Your problem looks like something to do with the build environment (it can't find gcc libraries), what OS are you using? Did you follow the aosp instruction on setting up the environment.

If your using a VM I would recommend using a 32-bit OS (and all of the google documentation is about Ubuntu, so that will be easier).

If your not in a VM, then your stuck with what you've got, or you can run a VM on top of what ever you are running. You could look at a 32-bit chroot setup like I use, but its not the simplest thing to setup.

We really ought to be writing scripts to use adb to pull these from a 2.1 phone or to use unyaffs to pull them from a nandroid image (or an UPDATA.APP if possible) as these apps are not freely distributable.

Would they be the wrong version? Do the versions change between eclair and froyo?

Once the market is installed wouldn't everything else would be available through the market.

I think CyanogenMod used scripts to pull from the phone in the past, so they might already be available somewhere. It looks like now CyanogenMod automatically downloads a zip and includes the files into the image during the build process.

Guest DanWilson
We should really start a new thread and reserve a couple of first posts. And there, in red, will say: This is version x.xx and the bugs are: jgh dfgjkd efgj

Thanks to the devs :P

+1

I would do it but it's not my ROM, and I've not even got it installed yet... But this could be a discussion, with people posting bugs and stuff, and Tom (and his helpers) could update the new thread for easier reading. It's too hard to go through this thread looking for change logs, downloads and fixes.

Any way to get A2SD working yet? I mean a quick fix, cos I could live without... (For a while...)

Edited by DanWilson

Guest AdamBaker
Would they be the wrong version? Do the versions change between eclair and froyo?

Once the market is installed wouldn't everything else would be available through the market.

I think CyanogenMod used scripts to pull from the phone in the past, so they might already be available somewhere. It looks like now CyanogenMod automatically downloads a zip and includes the files into the image during the build process.

Android versions are supposed to bev backward compatible so any eclair apps should run on froyo so versions shouldn't be an issue. Not all of the google apps are on the market, for e.g. Voice is but Youtube isn't. I'm guessing the onles that are built in on all Google branded phones are considered not worth putting on the market.

Anyone able and willing to create a recovery mode flashable (alpha) zip for froyo 0.50? (or nandroid). Would just love to play around with this. I promise not to complain about bugs. Agree with previous post, new forum topic would be really wonderful for thickos like me who just want to mess around, caveats included, but don't have enough knowledge of compiling etc. :P

Excellent work guys!

Guest Holograph
Guys. please test this method to fix market:

I tried it 3 times, and its working everytime.

Download zip and extract to sd.

Copy the Build.prop to /system

Install MarketEnabler.apk and enable the US market. Go to market and exit.

Go to /system/app/ and install the existing vending.apk. (now the market is on the data partition)

Go to Root Explorer, and delete the System/App/Vending.apk and VendingUpdater.apk

Go to settings, applications, search for the "Market" and clear cache, clear data.

Delete /data/data/com.android.vending and .com.android.vendingupdater directories.

Restart phone.

Go to settings, applications and uninstall the Market.

Now install Vending_patched_plus_features_froyo_1.82.apk

And start the market. Its work for my 2 pulse. (i type sometimes the *#*#CHECKIN#*#* during the method. I try the checkin without this modifications, and its not work.)

Now, the download not working.... Copy the com.android.vending from /data/app to /system/app and delete the original in /data. Restart phone.

http://www44.zippyshare.com/v/38134521/file.html

I can confirm this is working, although I sometimes have force closes, but still, Thank you! I can now download all apps :P

EDIT: Aww... I can't get the last line of your instruction working. There is no such file as com.android.vending.

When I do in ADB:

CP /data/app/com.android.vending /system/app/

It says: There is no such file.

Edited by Holograph

Guest DanWilson
Anyone able and willing to create a recovery mode flashable (alpha) zip for froyo 0.50? (or nandroid). Would just love to play around with this. I promise not to complain about bugs. Agree with previous post, new forum topic would be really wonderful for thickos like me who just want to mess around, caveats included, but don't have enough knowledge of compiling etc. :P

Excellent work guys!

Thinking of making a thread, just don't want to upset Tom, we all want our Froyo to work. Just use fastboot though, it's easier than someone making a .zip for every update.

Guest Fusion0306

Excellent work guys!

This is for windows only (I only have the windows pc and I don't think that this will work on linux)

make a nand backup

Download the Froyo 0.50 and unzip it in an folder on your pc.

Download this and unzip it in the same folder. fastboot.zipTurn of your phone and go in to fastboot (turn on phone while holding red key and the vol DOWN).

Connect the phone with your usb cable to the pc.

Double click the froyo.bat file and wait for cmd to finish.

Then take out your battery, put it back in and turn on your phone. That's it!