Android 2.2 Development

Guest eckengucker1

Guest totiadrenalin
It may work if you don't format the /data partition, but I cannot guarantee this. It will only be backed up if you make the nandroid backup yourself in recovery.

First do nandroid backup of the flb mod.

And after instaling froyo restore the ext partition only.

It worked for me.

A2SD will be added once work has progressed enough for me to start producing zip updates. The partition mounting issue is fixed.

can we have an updated version with the partition mounting fix please? (in flashable images):P

AmoRa doesnt seem to wipe anything, i used the android kitchen to repack the images but in the end i saw that i was just flashing zip version after version onto oneanother? I cant seem to do a clean wipe to install it, is this possible?

cheers

Edited by flip360

Guest totiadrenalin
can we have an updated version with the partition mounting fix please? (in flashable images):P

AmoRa doesnt seem to wipe anything, i used the android kitchen to repack the images but in the end i saw that i was just flashing zip version after version onto oneanother? I cant seem to do a clean wipe to install it, is this possible?

cheers

Use the clockwork recovery.

I find it much better then AmonRa.

And it is doing real wipping of the partitions.

The last 3 released of the Froyo test images have had fixed vold so the fat partition on the SD (the first partition) is always mounted correctly. Even if there is another partition on the SD (ext2 for example).

hmmm then i cannot seem to format the sdcard the right way, through amonra the choices are always swap first then ext second and the rest fat, or is that just pure script cosmetics and it partitions the card with fat as first?

Edited by flip360

hmmm then i cannot seem to format the sdcard the right way, through amonra the choices are always swap first then ext second and the rest fat, or is that just pure script cosmetics and it partitions the card with fat as first?

Yeah clockwork shows the same but it always makes fat first, ext2 second then swap. but we dont need swap right now.

Yeah clockwork shows the same but it always makes fat first, ext2 second then swap. but we dont need swap right now.

thanks flibble, so then we have fixed a2sd or its not just about mounting the ext2 partition? noobland here :P

Edited by flip360

thanks flibble, so then we have fixed a2sd or its not just about mounting the ext2 partition? noobland here :P

Old style A2SD works fine. Froyo A2SD doesn't work as there are some issues creating the secure container which Froyo stores the apps in. Even if you tell Froyo to install to the device instead of the SD it fails because of the container fault.

thanks flibble for your elaborate answers.

the thing is, i tried to add app2sd and data/app functionality to my test rom through the android kitchen but that seem to do nothing, are the scripts wrong?

also i tried adding your a2sd boot and flashing the a2sd zip but to no avail...what am i doing wrong?

Just have to mention that 0.51 works nice, wifi meters are showing in the latest fix and i like the rom without a2sd just testing thing around learning linux :P

cheers

thanks flibble for your elaborate answers.

the thing is, i tried to add app2sd and data/app functionality to my test rom through the android kitchen but that seem to do nothing, are the scripts wrong?

also i tried adding your a2sd boot and flashing the a2sd zip but to no avail...what am i doing wrong?

Just have to mention that 0.51 works nice, wifi meters are showing in the latest fix and i like the rom without a2sd just testing thing around learning linux :P

cheers

A2SD has to be set up slightly differently to work with Froyo. I set it up in the boot image to mount the ext2 partition to /sdext instead of /system/sd which makes it compatible with Clockworkmod recovery (you can wipe dalvik cache). Also it's not using busybox runparts to launch a2sd, it's calling a2sd directly right at the start of the boot process.

I don't think I made any changes to the darktremor files themselves.

Tom, you are crazy :P

What does it mean exactly? Does it start init?

It boots all the way into the recovery menu, but no input or usb works.

vold shouldn't care what order the partitions are in (but the a2sd scripts probably will). It will iterate through the partitions until it finds one suitable, so if there is only one fat partition it should mount it regardless of what partition number it is. If there are two fat partitions, it will mount the first one.

Awesome. Could we look at getting the other fixes (as mentioned in the other 2.2 thread) added to the git for the next ROM?

What are the fixes in the other 2.2 thread? I don't see how have two threads is better than one. Now I need to keep up with both.

If you want to see a problem fixed please log it in the issue tracker (if it not already there. Vote for it if it is already there) so those of us work on this can keep track of each individual issue.

What are the fixes in the other 2.2 thread? I don't see how have two threads is better than one. Now I need to keep up with both.

If you want to see a problem fixed please log it in the issue tracker (if it not already there. Vote for it if it is already there) so those of us work on this can keep track of each individual issue.

The other thread was created by Dan for general chat about the Froyo ROM. The aim is to leave this one purely for development discussion. Whether it'll work like that or not, I don't know. Personally I'd rather have all the "how do I do this?" posts in the discussion thread.

Oh and fixes.. they mean the "chmod 6751 /system/bin/netcfg" mainly.

Edited by flibblesan

Just been looking at how Cyanogenmod 6 installs the Google Apps and it seems that it's all manual. ROM is flashed first followed by the Google Apps. I think this is the safest way of doing things. I'm thinking about uploading a Gapps ZIP based on the Kanged ones but keeping them up to date as new versions of the relevant apps are released. It'll come in handy for when I start making flashable updates for Froyo.

Guest AdamBaker

Before I raise new issues, can someone confirm

1) Red button no longer works to return to home screen (now need to use long press on back)

2) Latest wpa supplicant changes have broken wifi, I'm now seeing

I/wpa_supplicant( 1925): Trying to associate with 00:14:bf:23:80:62 (SSID='home-net' freq=2462 MHz)
I/wpa_supplicant( 1925): CTRL-EVENT-STATE-CHANGE id=-1 state=3
V/WifiMonitor( 1472): Event [Trying to associate with 00:14:bf:xx:xx:xx (SSID='home-net' freq=2462 MHz)]
V/WifiMonitor( 1472): Event [CTRL-EVENT-STATE-CHANGE id=-1 state=3]
E/QC-DSS-LIB( 1898): unrecognized ifindex 9
V/WifiStateTracker( 1472): Changing supplicant state: SCANNING ==> ASSOCIATING
D/NetworkStateTracker( 1472): setDetailed state, old =SCANNING and new state=CONNECTING
D/ConnectivityService( 1472): ConnectivityChange for WIFI: CONNECTING/CONNECTING
I/wpa_supplicant( 1925): CTRL-EVENT-DISCONNECTED - Disconnect event - remove keys
[/codebox]

Before I raise new issues, can someone confirm

1) Red button no longer works to return to home screen (now need to use long press on back)

2) Latest wpa supplicant changes have broken wifi, I'm now seeing

I/wpa_supplicant( 1925): Trying to associate with 00:14:bf:23:80:62 (SSID='home-net' freq=2462 MHz)
I/wpa_supplicant( 1925): CTRL-EVENT-STATE-CHANGE id=-1 state=3
V/WifiMonitor( 1472): Event [Trying to associate with 00:14:bf:xx:xx:xx (SSID='home-net' freq=2462 MHz)]
V/WifiMonitor( 1472): Event [CTRL-EVENT-STATE-CHANGE id=-1 state=3]
V/WifiStateTracker( 1472): Changing supplicant state: SCANNING ==> ASSOCIATING
D/NetworkStateTracker( 1472): setDetailed state, old =SCANNING and new state=CONNECTING
D/ConnectivityService( 1472): ConnectivityChange for WIFI: CONNECTING/CONNECTING
I/wpa_supplicant( 1925): CTRL-EVENT-DISCONNECTED - Disconnect event - remove keys
[/codebox]

I didn't even know that the red button did return to the home screen. I've always used the home key.

What type of encryption are you using on the wifi network?

Guest rulerofkaos
The last 3 released of the Froyo test images have had fixed vold so the fat partition on the SD (the first partition) is always mounted correctly. Even if there is another partition on the SD (ext2 for example).

Strange I installed 0.5 yesterday and the SD card wasn't mounted.

I didn't even know that the red button did return to the home screen. I've always used the home key.

What type of encryption are you using on the wifi network?

Maybe it is confirmed. I only connected with wifi on open networks, but Barnacle does work only with "skip wpa supplicant" flag enabled.

Strange I installed 0.5 yesterday and the SD card wasn't mounted.

That is strange.. mounting and unmounting works as it should do and even works with an ext2 partition on the SD.

Please open a bug report and paste logs files showing this issue. We'll be able to fix it then.

Edited by flibblesan

Maybe it is confirmed. I only connected with wifi on open networks, but Barnacle does work only with "skip wpa supplicant" flag enabled.

Hm, are you one of the people that had this issue with all the Froyo tests? I seem to recall some people said that WiFi doesn't allow them to connect to a WPA network.

Hm, are you one of the people that had this issue with all the Froyo tests? I seem to recall some people said that WiFi doesn't allow them to connect to a WPA network.

no, I just tried it with 0.51

Edited by gusthy