Android 2.2 Development

Guest eckengucker1

Guest totiadrenalin
Just try to take all the multi-touch...

I think, however, Bobo said at one point that the touch controller thing might need to be re-flashed, meaning we get no multi-touch unless we open the Pulse up.

I allready did that part.

Now I just gonna need the kernel with the multitouch.

Guest Epic-Emodude
I allready did that part.

Now I just gonna need the kernel with the multitouch.

So once you get the kernel with multitouch you can flash that boot img and get multi-touch?

Has anyone managed to use the google chrome to phone extension/app?

Yes, it works every time. Perfect if you see a nice recipe by the computer and then want to go to the kitchen to cook it :lol:

Guest Letterbox115
Anyone tried using firefox fennec with froyo and swap?

It loads a black screen, and then just directs me back to were I was before :lol:

Edited by Letterbox115

Guest AdamBaker
With the Camera some Cyanogenmod roms use the 2.1 camera modules as they don't have any source to build the camera. They add a line to BoardConfig.mk called BOARD_USES_ECLAIR_LIBCAMERA and a prelink map is added to the build.

http://github.com/CyanogenMod/android_devi.../BoardConfig.mk

I guess this is what AdamBaker meant. Now question is how do we generate the prelink map?

I'll have a look at what libs are pre-linked later but first of all, this all depends upon a cyanogen patch that merges the libs that got separated in froyo back into libui. This seems like a sensible alternative to trying to get the camera lib to link with the libs added in froyo.

http://github.com/CyanogenMod/android_fram...2f68a2f8#diff-7

Guest AdamBaker

The camera lib is prelinked. Details of all the changes I believe are needed to get the camera working are now in the issue tracker in github and I'm about to kick off a test build but it will be a clean build so I don't expect it to be complete before I head to bed and then work so if anyone else feels like testing it out too feel free.

I'll have a look at what libs are pre-linked later but first of all, this all depends upon a cyanogen patch that merges the libs that got separated in froyo back into libui. This seems like a sensible alternative to trying to get the camera lib to link with the libs added in froyo.

http://github.com/CyanogenMod/android_fram...2f68a2f8#diff-7

Prelinking shouldn't cause a problem. Heaps of the prelinking is wrong, it should just mean libraries are a bit slower to load.

If you turn on debugging for the linker (in /bionic/linker/Android.mk) you should see a bunch of messages about prelinking being wrong.

And Flibble or Tom.

Will you guys do me a big favour?

I need you to build new boot.img of froyo, but to put this drivers in /drivers/input/touchscreen/

And send the boot.img to my private email: [email protected]

Flibble. You know what I'm trying to do man?!

I'll be very grateful to you guys, if you do me that favour.

EDIT:

Now I realize that I have some problem with my IMAP server.

I can not receive attachments

So use this email:

[email protected]

Once again I'll be very grateful to you guys, if you do me that favour.

Thanks anyway.

Best regards

TOTI

Tried to build:

flibble@flibble-desktop:~/kernel$ make ARCH=arm CROSS_COMPILE=~/pulse/prebuilt/linux-x86/toolchain/arm-eabi-4.4.0/bin/arm-eabi- -j4

CHK include/linux/version.h

SYMLINK include/asm -> include/asm-arm

make[1]: `include/asm-arm/mach-types.h' is up to date.

CHK include/linux/utsrelease.h

CALL scripts/checksyscalls.sh

CHK include/linux/compile.h

CC drivers/input/touchscreen/synaptics_i2c_rmi_tm1319.o

cc1: warnings being treated as errors

drivers/input/touchscreen/synaptics_i2c_rmi_tm1319.c: In function 'synaptics_ts_work_func':

drivers/input/touchscreen/synaptics_i2c_rmi_tm1319.c:119: error: ISO C90 forbids mixed declarations and code

drivers/input/touchscreen/synaptics_i2c_rmi_tm1319.c:147: error: unused variable 'y_old'

drivers/input/touchscreen/synaptics_i2c_rmi_tm1319.c:83: error: unused variable 'magnitude'

drivers/input/touchscreen/synaptics_i2c_rmi_tm1319.c:82: error: unused variable 'gesture'

make[3]: *** [drivers/input/touchscreen/synaptics_i2c_rmi_tm1319.o] Error 1

make[2]: *** [drivers/input/touchscreen] Error 2

make[1]: *** [drivers/input] Error 2

make[1]: *** Waiting for unfinished jobs....

make: *** [drivers] Error 2

flibble@flibble-desktop:~/kernel$

Guest totiadrenalin
Tried to build:

I get the same error last night trying to build the eclair boot from the pulse 2.1 source.

This drivers aren't patched by BB, but i pervorm the same patch he did over the 1.5 synaptics drivers.

I guess i did something wrong.

I'll recheck it again, after i get home from work.

Or maybe it'll be better to conract BB and let him take a look over it.

Thanks anyway man.

If i get 2.1 kernel compiled it'll be much easyer to build the froyo kernel.

Best regarts

Toti

Guest totiadrenalin
Tried to build:

I get the same error last night trying to build the eclair boot from the pulse 2.1 source.

This drivers aren't patched by BB, but i pervorm the same patch he did over the 1.5 synaptics drivers.

I guess i did something wrong.

I'll recheck it again, after i get home from work.

Or maybe it'll be better to conract BB and let him take a look over it.

Thanks anyway man.

If i get 2.1 kernel compiled it'll be much easyer to build the froyo kernel.

Best regarts

Toti

Guest fioglenu

Hi!

Where can I read abut, what kind a detriment we have, that we try to run froyo on 2.6.29 kernel instead of the official 2.6.32?

Sorry if it's off topic, but I can't find an easy, understandable article about that...

Thx:

Guest Sh4d0w940
Hi!

Where can I read abut, what kind a detriment we have, that we try to run froyo on 2.6.29 kernel instead of the official 2.6.32?

Sorry if it's off topic, but I can't find an easy, understandable article about that...

Thx:

Because we don't have it, we have 2.6.27 and 2.6.29 and since Froyo runs on 2.6.29 we use that one.

Sh4d0w940

Guest Sh4d0w940
Yes, I know that, but what will be better, if we could use 2.6.32?... What is the different between thats?

2.6.32 would be better, IIRC it's faster and has more functions like tether and so.

Sh4d0w940